Windows 10: Windows Setup keeps installing Pro version.

Discus and support Windows Setup keeps installing Pro version. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there! So, I've lately purchased a new laptop for my parents which includes a Windows 10 Home license key. Sadly, I am not able to activate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Still_Rosi, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Windows Setup keeps installing Pro version.

Hi there!

So, I've lately purchased a new laptop for my parents which includes a Windows 10 Home license key. Sadly, I am not able to activate the license as the Windows setup keeps installing the Pro version which makes my key useless.

I've tried several workarounds changing fields in the registry, re-installing Windows several times etc., but for some reason I am not able to install the Home version instead of the Pro one.

Does anybody have a fix for this?

Thanks a lot in advance. Windows Setup keeps installing Pro version. :)

submitted by /u/Still_Rosi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Still_Rosi, Apr 7, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Windows Setup keeps installing Pro version.

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Setup keeps installing Pro version.

1. Windows Setup keeps installing Pro version. - Similar Threads - Setup keeps installing

2. Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro: Windows 10 is impossible to install inside the Installer/Setup because the display resolution is in a weird state with display content not being visible or being dirtorted. im not even able to click ‘next‘. Its just on my MacBook Pro, not on any other computer. what should I...
  3. Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro: Windows 10 is impossible to install inside the Installer/Setup because the display resolution is in a weird state with display content not being visible or being dirtorted. im not even able to click ‘next‘. Its just on my MacBook Pro, not on any other computer. what should I...
  4. Windows 10 setup/installer resolution issues on MacBook Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization": Windows setup seems to be forcing me to setup for an organization and I am concern this PC has some configuration or controls applied by the previous owner, which I want to eliminate and have a fresh install. Anyone knows of this issue and how to solve it? More details below....
  6. Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization": Windows setup seems to be forcing me to setup for an organization and I am concern this PC has some configuration or controls applied by the previous owner, which I want to eliminate and have a fresh install. Anyone knows of this issue and how to solve it? More details below....
  7. Windows 10 Pro Setup Forces "Setup for an Organization"

8. Setup Version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setup Version: Trying to install Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrant onto my computer. Popup for 7z setup fsx states: “You are running the 32-bit version of Setup on a 64 bit version of Windows. You need to find and run the 64 version and run that.” I have confirmed that I have a Windows...
  9. Updates keep installing old version

Updates keep installing old version: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro version 1903 on my laptop. Since a couple of days I noticed that Windows is not activated any more. I ran the troubleshooter with the following result: troubleshooter discovered an activation key for Windows 10 Home single language version 1703....
  10. Installation setup Home instead of Pro.

Installation setup Home instead of Pro.: Today I had to do a clean install of Win10 which I did from a USB with the Win 10 install software on it. When completed the installation I notice it is now running 10 Home. When I run ShowKey it seems that the installation has picked up the original 8.1 OEM key from...