Windows 10: Windows Setup on Boot Manager

Discus and support Windows Setup on Boot Manager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, Recently built my first PC with a pretty good knowledge of things (So i thought!). When I built the PC, I accidentally installed windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by htnish, Mar 1, 2021.

1. htnish Win User

Windows Setup on Boot Manager

Hi All,

Recently built my first PC with a pretty good knowledge of things (So i thought!).

When I built the PC, I accidentally installed windows 10 on my HDD instead of my SSD. Rookie error.

Used iSumsoft Cloner to move it over to my SSD without any issues, but now everytime i boot, there is the windows boot manager menu on startup, with 2 options. Windows 10, and Windows Setup.

If i select windows 10 my pc boots fine, but Windows setup tells me that i need the USB that I installed windows from to continue. I've tried to plug the USB in, and it still shows up.

In terms of fixing this, I've tried to use EasyBCD, but it cannnot find the boot registry information.

Can anyone help fixing this? it's extremely minor but slightly annoying! Using Windows Home Version 20H2

TIA

:)

htnish, Mar 1, 2021

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Mar 1, 2021
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Aquinus Win User

Partition management

Or at the very least, make sure that your hard drive boot order is correct, because it will take the first writable drive in the boot list to determine where to put the boot loader. As Jester suggested, pop the Windows install disk in, make sure your boot order is correct (or unplug the drive,) and run repair. It's really that simple.

Aquinus, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Setup on Boot Manager - Similar Threads - Setup Boot Manager

2. How to set preferred Windows Boot Manager in UEFI setup for Dual Drive/Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set preferred Windows Boot Manager in UEFI setup for Dual Drive/Dual Boot: I have a new machine with M.2 drive and pre-installation of Windows 11 Lenovo ThinkCentre M90q. I've added an SSD to the SATA bus and installed Windows 10 there. I want both drives to boot Windows successfully independent of the other. When I installed Windows 10 on the SSD,...
  3. How to set preferred Windows Boot Manager in UEFI setup for Dual Drive/Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set preferred Windows Boot Manager in UEFI setup for Dual Drive/Dual Boot: I have a new machine with M.2 drive and pre-installation of Windows 11 Lenovo ThinkCentre M90q. I've added an SSD to the SATA bus and installed Windows 10 there. I want both drives to boot Windows successfully independent of the other. When I installed Windows 10 on the SSD,...
  4. Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop BIOS Setup Remove Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop BIOS Setup Remove Windows Boot Manager: Turn on the Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop and Press the F2 Key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/omnya-bafarats-hp-laptop-bios-setup-remove-windows/6a83ea13-faf7-48db-90ff-22e11a2e1912
  5. Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop BIOS Setup Remove Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop BIOS Setup Remove Windows Boot Manager: Turn on the Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop and Press the F2 Key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/omnya-bafarats-hp-laptop-bios-setup-remove-windows/6a83ea13-faf7-48db-90ff-22e11a2e1912
  6. Omnya Bafarat's HP Laptop BIOS Setup Remove Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Boot Manager: Hi everyone, Over the past year, I’ve had issues where my computer starts up and I get a blue screen telling me the boot options are wrong I forget the exact wording. I use the Escape button to open the BIOS settings, where I change the boot for my first device to EUFI...
  8. Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Boot Manager: Please help me fix Windows boot manager has been blocked by the current security policy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-manager/7c342cd3-0a72-477d-86a5-b51058d5cec3
  9. win10 windows manager / session manager, and setup backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    win10 windows manager / session manager, and setup backup: I'm looking for a solution to have several virtual desktops, preconfigured with various apps/stuff open, with that config able to be saved somewhere and recovered. How can that be implemented? Furthermore I want most of my Windows config 'backed up' like you can backup...
  10. BSOD memory management on USB boot WIN 10 setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD memory management on USB boot WIN 10 setup: Hey guys today I created a windows 10 setup on my USB because I wanted to recover my windows state of 2 days ago due to accidentally disabling ALL of windows 10 services (now windows 10 doesnt stucks on login screen image without being able to log in). The issue is that...