Windows 10: windows seven will not open desktop after update to 10

Discus and support windows seven will not open desktop after update to 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; window 7 on my desk top will not open. states i'm missing lmm32.dll.i tried to update to windows 10 but for what ever reason i was alerted it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by herno#1940, Nov 28, 2021.

1. windows seven will not open desktop after update to 10

window 7 on my desk top will not open. states i'm missing lmm32.dll.i tried to update to windows 10 but for what ever reason i was alerted it was unable to upload and started removing windows 10. afterthat i was unable to open states i'm missing lmm32.dll. any help you can give? did not have that problem before i tried to update to windows 10.Bob

:)

herno#1940, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2021
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 29, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

windows seven will not open desktop after update to 10

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

windows seven will not open desktop after update to 10

1. windows seven will not open desktop after update to 10 - Similar Threads - seven open desktop

2. Window Seven

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Seven: I have an older computer that I don't use much that is operating on Window Seven.I do understand I need to upgrade the operating system. I know Window Seven customer support ended in 2020. I'm planning on upgrading but I want a paticular computer shop to do the upgrade. I do...
  3. Window Seven

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Seven: I have an older computer that I don't use much that is operating on Window Seven.I do understand I need to upgrade the operating system. I know Window Seven customer support ended in 2020. I'm planning on upgrading but I want a paticular computer shop to do the upgrade. I do...
  4. Windows seven after 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows seven after 2023: good eveningview that my pc is not compatible with windows 11 on windows 7 business in business is that i don't like windows 10 linux mac os.will there be a second ESU Windows 7because I saw in the article of ESU license documentswho added 4'5'6 year of esu to extend ESU...
  5. Windows seven after 2023

Windows seven after 2023: good eveningview that my pc is not compatible with windows 11 on windows 7 business in business is that i don't like windows 10 linux mac os.will there be a second ESU Windows 7because I saw in the article of ESU license documentswho added 4'5'6 year of esu to extend ESU...
  6. windows seven will not open desktop after update to 10

windows seven will not open desktop after update to 10: window 7 on my desk top will not open. states i'm missing lmm32.dll.i tried to update to windows 10 but for what ever reason i was alerted it was unable to upload and started removing windows 10. afterthat i was unable to open states i'm missing lmm32.dll. any help you can...
  7. Desktop not open after updation windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop not open after updation windows 10: After updating windows 10 my desktop not start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-not-open-after-updation-windows-10/a281fde4-d266-408c-a460-5d1ce8c2b07d
  8. Cant see windows seven ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant see windows seven ?: Hi all in windows 10 explorer I can't see windows 7 ssd ?, but from windows 7 explorer I can see windows 10 and 7 ?*Think Duel boot of win 7 and 10 74975
  9. back to seven

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back to seven: Sons computer, dell desktop, has been left really unstable because of windows 10 updates It has been over 30 days Is there any way to put it back to seven other than taking to a shop his laptop also objected to windows 10, it is also a dell, that went into a reboot loop...
  10. Cannot boot into Seven after installing Build 9926

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot boot into Seven after installing Build 9926: After installing Windows 10 build 9926 tonight in a dual boot set up with Seven, I can no longer access Seven at all. When I select to boot into Seven, all I get is a black screen. When I force a restart I get a pointless disk check that finds no new errors (a bad 4kb...