Windows 10: Windows SFC unable to fix corrupt files.

Discus and support Windows SFC unable to fix corrupt files. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Long Story Short: I had some issues with an application on Windows 7, (Error code 0xc0000005) and someone suggested me to reinstall my Windows or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alexandru Damian, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Windows SFC unable to fix corrupt files.

Long Story Short: I had some issues with an application on Windows 7, (Error code 0xc0000005) and someone suggested me to reinstall my Windows or upgrade. (I was going to update to Windows 10 anyway so I thought this is a good reason.). Still, the error persists. The same person told me to run a System File Check (SFC) via Command Prompt because some files might be damaged and SFC will attempt to repair them. Now I am here because SFC reported me "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." How do I fix those files? The CBS.log is linked down below: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1duB794IUJznyn7YAOazXdIGL3AzHtQca

Thanks.

:)

Alexandru Damian, Jul 17, 2019

2. Unable to fix corrupt files using SFC

My games was crashing continuously so i contact Game company (rockstar games) and they suggested me to run SFC because corrupt system files is causing game crash

i run SFC twice and SFC was unable to fix/correct the corrupt files then i start my pc into clean boot and run SFC twice and got the same message again

How do i fix corrupt files??

Error message:- Screenshot (58)

CBS file :- http://www.mediafire.com/file/3aovl526aguag48/CBS.log

kunaljain1534, Jul 17, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix

When you get this error it means that the System File Check a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection simply could add/repair missing or corrupted files or other problems with these files.

If you get this error you should try the following a few times:
    • sfc/scannow
    • reboot
    • sfc/scannow
    Only when after a few times sfc/scannow still hasn't solved it, then you could try DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.

A reboot is necessary for sfc in order to try to fix the problems, it usually takes a few tries for sfc to solve the problems.

4. Windows SFC unable to fix corrupt files.

SFC scan found corrupt files and was unable to fix some of them.

In accordance with the title, I decided to run an SFC scan after I had to forcibly shut my laptop down after a system freeze. It did find corrupt files and was unable to fix all of them. I've included the CBS.log file if a diagnosis is possible. My laptop is the Dell G3 as listed in my system specs. Thanks!

aritra2116, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows SFC unable to fix corrupt files.

1. Windows SFC unable to fix corrupt files. - Similar Threads - SFC unable fix

2. SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.: Hello everyone,Recently, my windows 10 custom machine started to take too long to load windows after the initial sign in. After doing some searching, I came across a comment that suggested to run some commands on CMD. I did and I "SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix...
  3. SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.: Hello everyone,Recently, my windows 10 custom machine started to take too long to load windows after the initial sign in. After doing some searching, I came across a comment that suggested to run some commands on CMD. I did and I "SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix...
  4. SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SFC cannot fix corrupted files

SFC cannot fix corrupted files: Hello, I run sfc on a regular bases and now, for the first time, get the answer that some corrupted file could not be fixed. I tried chkdsk AND Dism-scan, but no change. Then I ran sfc in save mode but no change. What to do? Thanks Win10 Pro, 64 bit, all uptodate,...
  6. sfc /scannow detects corrupted files but unable to fix them?

sfc /scannow detects corrupted files but unable to fix them?: Below is a link to the CBS.log that it created when a did a system scan. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B30vhC-qB2Iud2F4WXlRd2xObnFVZzhpMlF6em4yN1kyM0VB/view?usp=sharing As always, all help is greatly appreciated!...
  7. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. Because of boredom I decided to run the sfc /scannow command and it seems I got some errors. All the errors are something like: "Error: Overlap: Duplicate...
  8. SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix

SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix: I ran sfc /scannow in an admin command prompt, however when it completes I receive this message: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example...
  9. SFC can't fix corrupted files

SFC can't fix corrupted files: I just got this problem where windows search does not function (I do not have cortana, using dutch windows). So i thaught i could fix it with SFC /scannow. But with this scan came the message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof...
  10. Windows 10 SFC Unable to fix corrupt files

Windows 10 SFC Unable to fix corrupt files: Ok After cleaning Malware , the SFC is finding corrupt files , since this I have took the following steps Update to windows 10 using Windows 10 ISO , within windows 10 operating system while keeping apps and documents SFC / scannow ( many many times ) dism /online...