Windows 10: Windows share in sub $300 category grew by 11% year-on-year in Q2 2018

Discus and support Windows share in sub $300 category grew by 11% year-on-year in Q2 2018 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; New data shows that Windows continues to gain market share in the education sector and this is the result of the new affordable devices from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 6, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows share in sub $300 category grew by 11% year-on-year in Q2 2018

New data shows that Windows continues to gain market share in the education sector and this is the result of the new affordable devices from Microsoft’s OEM partners. Microsoft leads the charts and Windows continues to be the preferred choice for devices in the education sector, with Apple far behind in third place.

The sub $300 remains a competitive segment and while Chromebook performance remains strong, Microsoft’s Windows market share has also increased as the software maker has been positioning affordable solutions for students.

According to FutureSource Consulting, Microsoft has managed to increase the adoption of Windows devices in the sub $300 by 11%. It’s a year-on-year growth recorded in Q2 2018 and the shipments of the devices in this sub grew by 75%.

Windows share in sub 0 category grew by 11% year-on-year in Q2 2018 Windows-10-edu-share.jpg

“Microsoft, especially, has been working hard to close the price gap between Windows and Chromebook by promoting partner devices on the Windows platform, priced as low as $189. Globally, Windows share in sub $300 category grew by 11% year-on-year in Q2 2018, with shipments of Windows devices in the category growing 75%,” the report reads.

The overall market share of both Chrome OS and Windows has increased by 0.7 percent and 0.4 percent, respectively. Both Microsoft and Google are betting big on affordable devices for the education niche and the competition between Windows 10 and ChromeOS is expected to heighten in the coming quarters.

The post Windows share in sub $300 category grew by 11% year-on-year in Q2 2018 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 6, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Logitech Q2 Delivers Best Retail Sales Growth Since 2010

Logitech International (SIX:LOGN) (Nasdaq:LOGI) today announced financial results for the second quarter of Fiscal Year 2016. "I'm excited by our performance this quarter. We delivered our best retail sales growth in almost five years, exceeding expectations," said Bracken P. Darrell, Logitech president and chief executive officer. "Our growth was broad-based across categories and regions.

In constant currency, Americas grew 9 percent, EMEA grew 7 percent and Asia Pacific grew 26 percent. In our Growth category, Gaming, Video Collaboration and Mobile Speakers each grew more than 50 percent. Our reinvigorated innovation engine and commitment to design are delivering powerfully and we have strong momentum heading into the holiday peak season." Logitech confirmed its FY 2016 outlook of $150 million in non-GAAP operating income and 7 percent growth for retail sales in constant currency.

Prepared Remarks Available Online
    Logitech has made its prepared written remarks for the financial results teleconference available online on the Logitech corporate website.

• Q2 sales were $540 million, up 2 percent compared to Q2 of the prior year. Q2 retail sales (total sales excluding OEM and Lifesize) were $496 million and grew 12 percent in constant currency.
    • Q2 GAAP operating income was $26 million. Q2 GAAP earnings per share (EPS) were $0.11, compared to $0.22 in the same quarter a year ago.
    • Q2 non-GAAP operating income was $42 million, with non-GAAP EPS of $0.22, compared to $0.31 in the same quarter a year ago.

btarunr, Sep 6, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Logitech Delivers Highest Retail Sales Growth in Six Years

Logitech International (SIX:LOGN) (Nasdaq:LOGI) today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full year of Fiscal Year 2017. Q4 closed a strong fiscal year with sales for the quarter reaching $496 million. Q4 retail sales grew 17 percent in constant currency, GAAP operating income more than doubled to $22 million and non-GAAP operating income grew 61 percent to $36 million.

Bracken Darrell, Logitech president and chief executive officer, said, "Our FY 2017 performance demonstrates the strength of our strategy. For the fourth consecutive year, we accelerated growth in retail sales. We grew across almost all our product categories and in all our regions. Many categories - Video Collaboration, Mobile Speakers, Gaming, and Smart Home - grew double digits, and PC Peripherals saw solid growth too. And we're just getting started. I'm excited by our pipeline of innovative products and the amazing world of opportunities unfolding in front of us."

For the full Fiscal Year 2017, ended March 31, 2017:
    • Retail sales grew 14 percent in constant currency, the highest annual retail sales growth in six years. Retail sales grew 13 percent in USD; also a six-year high.
    • Sales were $2.21 billion, up 9 percent in USD compared to the prior year, which still included OEM sales, the business the Company exited in Q3 of the prior fiscal year.
    • GAAP operating income grew 53 percent to $197 million - the highest in nine years - compared to $129 million a year ago. GAAP earnings per share (EPS) grew 51 percent to $1.16, compared to $0.77 a year ago.
    • Non-GAAP operating income grew 33 percent to $238 million - also the highest in nine years - compared to $179 million a year ago. Non-GAAP EPS grew 35 percent to $1.32, compared to $0.98 a year ago.
    • Cash flow from operations grew 52 percent to $279 million, the highest level in seven years.
    Vincent Pilette, Logitech CFO, said, "This is a watershed year for Logitech. We improved our financial fundamentals, delivering our highest gross margin in Company history while growing the business by 14%. That, combined with our continued investment in growth initiatives, gives Logitech a strong and exciting platform for the future."

Logitech confirmed its Fiscal Year 2018 outlook of high single-digit retail sales growth in constant currency and $250 to $260 million in non-GAAP operating income.

btarunr, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Atomic77 Win User

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018

Happy new year 2018. Only a few more hours of old year left here.

Atomic77, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows share in sub $300 category grew by 11% year-on-year in Q2 2018 - Similar Threads - share sub $300

2. PSA: Support Rep says 3 year Extended Service Update is $300

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA: Support Rep says 3 year Extended Service Update is $300: Pretty much the title. Talked to a service rep. If you want ESU for three years will cost consumers $350. The more you know. submitted by /u/Low-Reputation-8317 [link] [comments]...
  3. Will Windows 11 be in support for at least 5 years?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 11 be in support for at least 5 years?: Hi there,I am currently working on a project that requires documentation to prove that Windows 10 Pro version, or equivalent will have at least 5 years remaining support.Would you be able to let me know if Windows 11 will be in support for at least 5 years? I have looked...
  4. Will Windows 11 be in support for at least 5 years?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Windows 11 be in support for at least 5 years?: Hi there,I am currently working on a project that requires documentation to prove that Windows 10 Pro version, or equivalent will have at least 5 years remaining support.Would you be able to let me know if Windows 11 will be in support for at least 5 years? I have looked...
  5. Unable to enable file and printer sharing in year 2021 ...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to enable file and printer sharing in year 2021 ...: Hi there,I don't know why I can't enable file and printer sharing... pretty annoying. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-enable-file-and-printer-sharing-in-year/99d40c2d-aa2b-4f46-b21e-786398b8284f
  6. How to get rid of (Today, Last month, Earlier this year) sub categories above the folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of (Today, Last month, Earlier this year) sub categories above the folders?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Achilles23g [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/karfz1/how_to_get_rid_of_today_last_month_earlier_this/
  7. Windows Sub-Categories in Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sub-Categories in Settings don't work: So, whenever I open a sub settings tab, the other little tabs won't show up. I will post a picture to demonstrate. Any help? PC specs: CPU: Intel G3930, Mobo: MSI H110m PRO-VD, RAM: Qumox 4GB DDR4, GPU: MSI GT710 2GB DDR3...
  8. Windows update not installed after Year 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update not installed after Year 2018: Hello All We have windows 10 System Version 1709, 1607, 1703. We using WSUS to install security update for system. Above Windows 10 version system showing in WSUS 100% compliant but when we check system manually under install update it is showing last patch applied on...
  9. One Year

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Year: I have a subscription to something called "One Year". But I cannot find anything to tell me exactly what is does. One year of what, exactly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-year/9bfda6b0-c3d8-4a5b-9dd5-2b9f80bc166d
  10. hacked for years

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hacked for years: I am being hacked for a long time now. all myfforts to stop it al futile. Now Ifound this in my logfiles. plrase help kill these dogs that have been steeling my privacy for 3 yaers now. I know it is one or more members of my neighbours . Is there a way to cath ch their ip...