Windows 10: Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control...

Discus and support Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I already updated the drivers and tried to uninstall and rebooted the pc. Also tried the poweshell command Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmadeusAyala, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control...

I already updated the drivers and tried to uninstall and rebooted the pc.

Also tried the poweshell command Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope CurrentUser and prompt command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth doesn't really spot anything.

:)

AmadeusAyala, Jan 10, 2019

2. Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control window.

Hello.

As the title says, Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control window. Any connected microphones do not work.

Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control... baa8a787-2573-4f96-958e-37de6bd8fa77.jpg

I have already manually updated my audio driver to the latest version. Using
    sfc/scannow
    in the command prompt returned with no detected errors. And when I tried to run the DISM.exe, it tells me that the command doesn't exist.

Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control... 80f2b7ba-71d4-4d14-82ff-65f25371f851.jpg

I am using a Fujitsu SH761 laptop, 64-bit. My soundcard is a generic RealTek High Definition Audio.

randomfox11, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control window.

Method 1: All audio effects were already disabled.

Method 2: It still crashes even after uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver.

Method 3: After I typed in the command I was given and hit "A" (yes to all), nothing happened. Really. Nothing happened. No process, no nothing. When I typed in the command again to see if there were any changes, the setting was still at
    the default "No".

On the bright side, my microphone is working now. But Shell Dll still crashes whenever I try to open the microphone properties.

randomfox11, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control...

Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control window.

Thank you for the information and sorry for the late response. We're glad to know that the microphone is now working. As for the Shell Dll, since you've reinstalled the driver, try updating it now and see if the crashes will stop.

We'll wait for the response.

Anne Ros, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control...

1. Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control... - Similar Threads - Shell Dll crashes

2. Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.: Hello, I have restarted my pc, reset my pc but every time I try to open it, it would still crash. The whole settings works fine it's just the graphics settings that just doesn't work. Please help....
  3. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  4. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  5. Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound control crashes when right-click microphone" (and also Control Panel crashes on startup): I've got this trouble on my laptop and I'm doing my best to fix it without needing to format it. The thing is: Whenever I right-click ANY microphone on the sound control screen (it doesn't matter if it's a Realtek controlled mic or the mic from my sound interface, it crashes...
  6. When i click on my microphone in the sound settings it's disappearing every time!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i click on my microphone in the sound settings it's disappearing every time!: [ATTACH] So when I click here it's disappearing every time. I tried restarting my pc and it's still not working! Please help! Here is a link that shows the problem - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl--nhI-_VM&feature=youtu.be...
  7. Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes.

Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes.: Hello, after browsing through many questions on this platform I have been left dumbfounded on how to fix this issue. My CORSAIR Void Pro was working fine on Windows 7, and upon upgrading to Windows 10 has been locked on Telephone Quality and can not be set to DVD or CD...
  8. Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes: As the title says, I've had this issue since around 1st the June now when a Windows update came out. What happens is that seemingly regardless if I have controllers plugged in or not, and if it's plugged in, it doesn't matter what kind of controller I plug in, the Game...
  9. Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working on Sound Properties

Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working on Sound Properties: When I access the context menu on Sound properties, it crashes, saying "Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working". I have Realtek HD audio and Intel Display Audio (HDMI out) audio devices. I can't access any function from the context menu, such as setting the highlighted...
  10. Power Management DLL Error Every Time I Open Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Management DLL Error Every Time I Open Control Panel: Dear friends, Since the last couple of days, every time I open the Control Panel on Windows 10 Pro I get a Power Manager popup DLL error. I can close it and everything gets back to normal, but it slows the computer and sometimes completely freezes it. Any ideas how...