Windows 10: "Windows Shell Experience Host stopped working"

Discus and support "Windows Shell Experience Host stopped working" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every day while working on my surface book 2, the Start menu will crash and close in front of me. I've noticed that this happens every time that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Victor Sampaio da, Mar 13, 2019.

1. "Windows Shell Experience Host stopped working"

Every day while working on my surface book 2, the Start menu will crash and close in front of me. I've noticed that this happens every time that the Shell Experience host stopped working. This keeps happening to me since the first day I got this machine. its been months with the issue, it'll happen more than 10 times a day sometimes. Also the display of my SB2 freezes for a couple of seconds, and I need to turn the screen on and off.

I tried so many different fixes online. I even went to a Microsoft Store to and did a CLEAN windows installation, but the problem is back right after I got the Surface Book 2 back. I don't know what else to do. I have another Surface Book 2 at home that doesn't have this issue at all.

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash
    Package Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17763.1_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Application Name: praid:App
    Application Version: 10.0.17763.1
    Application Timestamp: 5b9c8bd8
    Fault Module Name: shcore.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.17763.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 9a0e77eb
    Exception Code: c0000602
    Exception Offset: 000000000004b529
    OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 4105
    Additional Information 1: 2b7a
    Additional Information 2: 2b7aacf6ecdf67b07ceec9a81529e8ca
    Additional Information 3: 8fd0
    Additional Information 4: 8fd03e2f9d88963ae5b6b97a428fbd3f

:)

Victor Sampaio da, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Windows Shell Experience Host

Hi,

In answer to your query, Windows Shell Experience Host is a part of Microsoft Windows Operating System that you may have seen in your Task Manager. Sometimes, Windows Shell Experience Host consumes high memory or resources.

If you discover that Windows Shell Experience Host is consuming high memory or resources, we recommend installing the latest update of Windows 10. To do this, you can refer to the support article below:

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 13, 2019
  4. "Windows Shell Experience Host stopped working"

windows shell experience host terminated

I have perhaps a clue that may help you (or Microsoft). I first started seeing windows shell experience host closed from time to time when my PC started from sleep (event id 1002, closed because it stopped interacting
    with Windows). But as I traced the events further, this was ALWAYS preceded by windows shell experience host closed upon PC going to sleep (event id 2484. terminated because it took too long to suspend).

Further examination and experiments point to this as a solution:

From Power Shell Admin:

Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanif

The problem returned after a improper shutdown (electrical outage), and the above command resolved it again.

My problem does not appear to be related to the OS version/patch, corruption, drivers, etc. Microsoft can weigh in, but I suggest trying this command in power shell before any time consuming or other risky updates. One last note, I rebooted after issuing
    the power shell command, which may or may not be necessary.

0xBAADBEEF, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

"Windows Shell Experience Host stopped working"

1. "Windows Shell Experience Host stopped working" - Similar Threads - Shell Experience Host

2. Start menu experience host stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu experience host stopped working: Daily, the event viewer shows error for start menu experience.A screen shot is attached.No problems found in sfc, DISM, chkdsk.Tried looking on the web, but so much geek speak.Anyone have a solution , in plain and simple English, for a 78 year old who is not a computer geek?...
  3. Start menu experience host stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu experience host stopped working: Daily, the event viewer shows error for start menu experience.A screen shot is attached.No problems found in sfc, DISM, chkdsk.Tried looking on the web, but so much geek speak.Anyone have a solution , in plain and simple English, for a 78 year old who is not a computer geek?...
  4. Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working: Hello, can anyone please help me. This morning I open my laptop to see none of my pin apps or even the start button. I restart it and now I can see my pin apps but start isn’t working. And when I try to open setting from my pin it says “ there’s a problem with windows shell...
  5. Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working: Hello, can anyone please help me. This morning I open my laptop to see none of my pin apps or even the start button. I restart it and now I can see my pin apps but start isn’t working. And when I try to open setting from my pin it says “ there’s a problem with windows shell...
  6. Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working

7. Problem with "Windows Shell Experience Host"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with "Windows Shell Experience Host": Some toolbar actions have stopped working after my last update. Current install OS Windows 10 Pro 2004; KB457021 update applied On the toolbar: - "Action Center" won't open - "Ink Workspace" doesn't work - "Internet" icon doesn't open the sidebar of available When I open...
  8. windows shell experience host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows shell experience host: A new program showed up on my computer with the latest Micro Soft upgrade called "windows shell experience host," two days ago. It comes up in a window when I boot up, and wants me to allow it access. Anyone ever heard of it? It wants me to let it on my system, but my...
  9. Windows shell experience host stops working problem in Windows 10 October 2018 update

Windows shell experience host stops working problem in Windows 10 October 2018 update: I upgraded to Windows 10 1809 from 1803 on 17th December 2018 but on the next day the ShellExperienceHost.exe process stopped responding once and stopped working two times on that day. Stopped working again 4 days later once and stopped working again every two days after. The...
  10. windows shell experience host terminated

windows shell experience host terminated: I have perhaps a clue that may help you (or Microsoft). I first started seeing windows shell experience host closed from time to time when my PC started from sleep (event id 1002, closed because it stopped interacting with Windows). But as I traced the events further, this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shell infrastructure host

2. windows shell experience host has stopped working

3. windows 10 shell experience host stop working