Windows 10: windows shell experience

Discus and support windows shell experience in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is windows shell experience host needed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RONALDHATCHER, Mar 14, 2019.

1. windows shell experience

Is windows shell experience host needed?

:)

RONALDHATCHER, Mar 14, 2019

2. Shell experience not running in Windows 10

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Does that mean the Start menu Cortana and the Task bar is not responding?

• Which is the current build installed on the computer?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Where exactly did you find that the shell experience not running?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Windows Shell Experience Host

Hi,

In answer to your query, Windows Shell Experience Host is a part of Microsoft Windows Operating System that you may have seen in your Task Manager. Sometimes, Windows Shell Experience Host consumes high memory or resources.

If you discover that Windows Shell Experience Host is consuming high memory or resources, we recommend installing the latest update of Windows 10. To do this, you can refer to the support article below:

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Mar 14, 2019
  4. windows shell experience

Windows Shell Experience Host using 35 to 55% of CPU usage on Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU utilization by Windows Shell Experience Host, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to end the process from Task Manager and check.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together to open
      Task Manager

• Go to Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Shell Experience Host process and click
      End Process.

Step 2: Boot the computer in to Safe mode with networking and if the CPU usage is same.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

windows shell experience

1. windows shell experience - Similar Threads - shell experience

2. Critical events with Desktop windows manager, windows shell experience host, windows OS,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical events with Desktop windows manager, windows shell experience host, windows OS,...: Hello, I've just built this pc and am receiving a variety of issues. First realized I had issues when a game crashed once then repeatedly on startup, looked into my graphics and mb drivers and installed all I thought necessary but later received a BSOD which I sought support...
  3. Critical events with Desktop windows manager, windows shell experience host, windows OS,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical events with Desktop windows manager, windows shell experience host, windows OS,...: Hello, I've just built this pc and am receiving a variety of issues. First realized I had issues when a game crashed once then repeatedly on startup, looked into my graphics and mb drivers and installed all I thought necessary but later received a BSOD which I sought support...
  4. FIX THE ERROR IN CRASHING SETTINGS AND WINDOWS SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST !!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIX THE ERROR IN CRASHING SETTINGS AND WINDOWS SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST !!!!: FIX THE ERROR IN CRASHING SETTINGS AND WINDOWS SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST !!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-the-error-in-crashing-settings-and-windows/428ae66e-f560-4214-85ac-e20b00b664ca
  5. FIX THE ERROR IN CRASHING SETTINGS AND WINDOWS SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST !!!!

FIX THE ERROR IN CRASHING SETTINGS AND WINDOWS SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST !!!!: FIX THE ERROR IN CRASHING SETTINGS AND WINDOWS SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST !!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-the-error-in-crashing-settings-and-windows/428ae66e-f560-4214-85ac-e20b00b664ca
  6. How do I fix Windows Shell experience host?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix Windows Shell experience host?: I have recently refreshed my computer, but when I started it back up, when trying to connect to wifi or settings it keeps giving me this error about the shell experience host. I can’t open settings and I’ve reset and refreshed windows about 5 times. I’ve also tried resetting...
  7. How do I fix Windows Shell experience host?

How do I fix Windows Shell experience host?: I have recently refreshed my computer, but when I started it back up, when trying to connect to wifi or settings it keeps giving me this error about the shell experience host. I can’t open settings and I’ve reset and refreshed windows about 5 times. I’ve also tried resetting...
  8. Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working: Hello, can anyone please help me. This morning I open my laptop to see none of my pin apps or even the start button. I restart it and now I can see my pin apps but start isn’t working. And when I try to open setting from my pin it says “ there’s a problem with windows shell...
  9. Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working

Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working: Hello, can anyone please help me. This morning I open my laptop to see none of my pin apps or even the start button. I restart it and now I can see my pin apps but start isn’t working. And when I try to open setting from my pin it says “ there’s a problem with windows shell...
  10. Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging