Windows 10: Windows, shift, alt, ctrl keys getting virtually stuck

Discus and support Windows, shift, alt, ctrl keys getting virtually stuck in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’ve been having this problem more and more recently where my shift alt ctrl and windows keys keep virtually getting stuck. I’m not pressing the keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Quinn M, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Quinn M Win User

Windows, shift, alt, ctrl keys getting virtually stuck

I’ve been having this problem more and more recently where my shift alt ctrl and windows keys keep virtually getting stuck. I’m not pressing the keys when this happens but they get stuck anyways. Usualy I’m able to disable this when the shift or ctrl keys get stuck by pressing it several times on windows virtual keyboard or physically but when it’s the windows key my computer needs to restart before it fixes. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Quinn M, Oct 12, 2020
  2. illaccc Win User

Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>

Hi There!

Greetings!!

Unable to configure hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>. When tried to set it, Key strokes Ctrl+Shift+Alt are detected but combination key is not accepting. Able to configure other hotkey combinations like CTRL+Alt+<key> or Ctrl+<key> or Alt+<key>

Laptop: HP elitebook 8440p
    Processor: Intel core i5
    Graphic: Intel

Appreciate any help in this matter

Thank you

illaccc, Oct 12, 2020
  3. jonmcc33 Win User
    Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Windows, shift, alt, ctrl keys getting virtually stuck ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Fonebone1 Win User

RD Client app broken since Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys not working

I was using the Windows RD Client (App Store version) with Windows 10 uneventfully with perfect functionality right up until the Anniversary Update automatically installed on my machine about a week ago. Now, the Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys do not work properly
    anymore within the remote desktop window. The keys all work fine on my local machine/desktop so it's not a hardware issue.

Here are the detailed behaviors of the various meta keys:

• The Shift and Ctrl keys don't work with the RD client window maximized, but the Alt key does work (- Shift, - Ctrl, + Alt)
    • In full-screen mode the Shift, Ctrl, and Alt keys behave the same as when the window is maximized (- Shift, - Ctrl, + Alt)
    • The Shift and Ctrl keys do work when the RD client window isn't maximized, but the Alt key doesn't work (+ Shift, + Ctrl, - Alt)
    • Most bizarrely, if the window isn't maximized, but I drag the side window edges to make the window almost as wide as the screen, it starts to behave as if the window were maximized (- Shift, - Ctrl, +Alt) when both window side edges get close to the side
      screen edges. The same does not happen, however, when I drag the top and bottom window edges up and down, respectively, to make the window as tall as possible.
    I need to use the RD Client almost daily for work so this is extremely annoying and affects productivity. I see that I am not the first to report this issue. Is this issue being looked into for a permanent fix rather than the poor workaround solution of
    having to alternate maximizing and restoring the window depending on which meta key I need to use? Is uninstalling the Anniversary Update an option, or will it just keep being reinstalled?

Fonebone1, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows, shift, alt, ctrl keys getting virtually stuck - Similar Threads - shift alt ctrl

2. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  3. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  4. There is a problem with my shift, alt, and ctrl keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a problem with my shift, alt, and ctrl keys.: So here im playing this game Roblox™ and they have this mouse feature they call "shiftlock" and its activated by the shift key, but the problem im having is that its being activated by the CTRL key and another thing that annoys me is that normally you click the key once to...
  5. Ctrl, Alt, and Shift Key not triggering separately.

Ctrl, Alt, and Shift Key not triggering separately.: I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop running Windows 11 all corresponding specs will be dropped after the message here. I have seem to run into an issue with my main functional keys not working correctly. My control, alt, and shift keys when pressed should trigger separately...
  6. Ctrl, Alt, and Shift Key not triggering separately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl, Alt, and Shift Key not triggering separately.: I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop running Windows 11 all corresponding specs will be dropped after the message here. I have seem to run into an issue with my main functional keys not working correctly. My control, alt, and shift keys when pressed should trigger separately...
  7. Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Win and F3 virtually stuck forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Win and F3 virtually stuck forever: Hello, at first the problem I encountered only started when Microsoft Edge was open, but recently it gets more annoying. I have tried troubleshooting the keyboard but no problems were detected.Even after shutting down or restarting the computer, the problem still persists. It...
  8. Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Win and F3 virtually stuck forever

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Win and F3 virtually stuck forever: Hello, at first the problem I encountered only started when Microsoft Edge was open, but recently it gets more annoying. I have tried troubleshooting the keyboard but no problems were detected.Even after shutting down or restarting the computer, the problem still persists. It...
  9. Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Win and F3 virtually stuck forever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows key, alt, Cyril, and shift keys stuck virtually: I’ve been having an issue recently, shift, alt, Ctrl, and windows keys are stuck virtually, physically they are fine, it’s making my pc completely unusable as every time I try to type or do anything random apps open up or other wierd things happen, also when I try opening an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 shift ctrl alt windows keys stuck