Windows 10: Windows+shift+arrow and alt+tab break my computer.

Discus and support Windows+shift+arrow and alt+tab break my computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So normally, up until this moment specifically, moving application windows around my two monitors with the windows key+shift+left or right arrow, has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TrevorR4, Aug 6, 2021.

1. TrevorR4 Win User

Windows+shift+arrow and alt+tab break my computer.

So normally, up until this moment specifically, moving application windows around my two monitors with the windows key+shift+left or right arrow, has always worked fine. Suddenly it now takes away the ability for me to interact with anything on either monitor with my mouse. Also, now any time I change windows with alt+tab, it causes that same problem. I've tried moving windows back around with the same command, it does nothing. I've updated my graphics driver, did nothing. I restarted my computer and it fixes it, until I alt tab again and the problem repeats. The only way I get rid of it is by

:)

TrevorR4, Aug 6, 2021

2. AutoHotKey: remapping Alt+Shift+Tab to (L)Win+Shift+Tab

I'm trying to use AutoHotKey to get Alt+Tab and Shift+Alt+Tab in Windows to have the same behavior as Cmd+Tab and Shift+Cmd+Tab in macOS.

Note: Cmd on a mac keyboard sends the Win key.

What I've gotten to work is:

What I haven't been able to do is get LWin+Shift+Tab to send Shift+Alt+Tab. I've tried:

1. #Shift & Tab:: ShiftAltTab (error: must specify L or R for # in this case)
    2. LWin & Shift & Tab :: ShiftAltTab (Can't use 3 custom combinations)

I also tried with return lines after each Send line. Nothing happened when pressing either

• LCmd+Tab (== LWin+Tab) or
    • LCmd+Shift+Tab (== LWin+Shift+Tab).

Is there a quick and simple way to do this? I want to use AHK since it is modifying the combinations to mimic a lot of other Mac keyboard behaviors.

Admiral Tso, Aug 6, 2021
  3. alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

Windows+shift+arrow and alt+tab break my computer. Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Aug 6, 2021
  4. Kleux Win User

Windows 10 random tabbing in everything and alt tab problem

Hi Donna,

Yes, it happens on all programs, may it be desktop, windows sign in screen, everywhere.

I tried the ff. but it doesn't work.

press shift five times

press shift for 8 seconds

uninstalling the laptop keyboard

I just found out that the TAB key has no function and the following keys (Right Shift, Caps Lock, BackSpace, Num Lock, T, Y, [, ], 4, 8)does its function but keeps on tabbing continuously until I press the keys that functions normally.

Alt+Backapace is functioning as Alt+Tab but it keeps on tabbing.

Kleux, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows+shift+arrow and alt+tab break my computer. - Similar Threads - Windows+shift+arrow alt+tab break

2. Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11: This issue is not seen on Windows 10. but found on Windows 11, File Explorer did not jump to upper level folder when I press Alt+Arrow after swiching back via Alt+Tab.I use Ctrl + L to "sellect all" the current folder path, press Ctrl+C to copy it and I DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY...
  3. Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11: This issue is not seen on Windows 10. but found on Windows 11, File Explorer did not jump to upper level folder when I press Alt+Arrow after swiching back via Alt+Tab.I use Ctrl + L to "sellect all" the current folder path, press Ctrl+C to copy it and I DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY...
  4. Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut: I am currently trying Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and gestures. Shift+Alt++ does not resize the lens and I have read on this forum that its been removed. Is there a reason why it still exists on the Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and touch gestures page?...
  5. Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut

Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut: I am currently trying Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and gestures. Shift+Alt++ does not resize the lens and I have read on this forum that its been removed. Is there a reason why it still exists on the Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and touch gestures page?...
  6. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  7. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  8. Alt tab breaking applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt tab breaking applications: I tried to play srb2 today, but alt-tab would break the game. And my start menu won't work, as well as explorer. And right-click. Please can someone help me with this?...
  9. What is this Window in my Alt+Tab?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this Window in my Alt+Tab?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZenTunE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcf57e/what_is_this_window_in_my_alttab/
  10. CTRL + ALT + Arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL + ALT + Arrow: Hello Microsoft! I want to rotate the screen. When I press CTRL + ALT + arrows then nothing happens. How to fix this problem? Note: This PC is 1 year old. Windows version: 2004....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shift tab crashes laptop