Windows 10: Windows Shift S works but dont do anything

Discus and support Windows Shift S works but dont do anything in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I press Windows Shift S, the screen goes darker and windows pleases me to select somewhere to take the screenshot, but after I select the area... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GabrielAlexandreLN, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Windows Shift S works but dont do anything

When I press Windows Shift S, the screen goes darker and windows pleases me to select somewhere to take the screenshot, but after I select the area nothing happens, the screen just goes back to the normal and theres no notification in the right screen side, nothing on ctrl v two, how can I fix it?

:)

GabrielAlexandreLN, Feb 16, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 16, 2020
  4. KatJB Win User

Windows Shift S works but dont do anything

shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows Shift S works but dont do anything

1. Windows Shift S works but dont do anything - Similar Threads - Shift works dont

2. UPDATE DONT DO ANYTHING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPDATE DONT DO ANYTHING: My windows update just spins along the way but doesn't go to finish line. Why is that? I have Windows 10 and I dont know what to do. I run the troubleshooter as well with a message fixed but nothing help at all....
  3. UPDATE DONT DO ANYTHING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UPDATE DONT DO ANYTHING: My windows update just spins along the way but doesn't go to finish line. Why is that? I have Windows 10 and I dont know what to do. I run the troubleshooter as well with a message fixed but nothing help at all....
  4. UPDATE DONT DO ANYTHING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. CTRL - SHIFT - S not working

CTRL - SHIFT - S not working: system: win 11I use PHP storm and I try to use the keyboard shortcut CTRL-SHIFT-S, normally it would trigger save as, but it doesn't do a thing.In Edge I try to simulate CTRL-SHIFT-S, but the keycode doesn't get through, CTRL-SHIFT-A is working CTRL - SHIFT - S :...
  6. Win shift s not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win shift s not working: Before I reset my pc, it worked all the time but now it usually works one time and then doesnt work at all unless I restart my pc. Sometimes it works constantly but its so annoying when I have to restart, how may I fix this?...
  7. Win shift s not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win shift s not working: Before I reset my pc, it worked all the time but now it usually works one time and then doesnt work at all unless I restart my pc. Sometimes it works constantly but its so annoying when I have to restart, how may I fix this?...
  8. Win shift s not working

9. Win+Shift+S Not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win+Shift+S Not working: So each time I do Win+Shift+S, the selection tool will pop up but snip and sketch will not open right after. submitted by /u/kfkjhgfd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l29rqw/winshifts_not_working/
  10. Windows Shift S Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Shift S Doesn't Work: Hey. I use Win Shift S to take screenshots of certain parts of my screen. The thing is, it stopped working. Now, whenever I use the shortcut, it just freezes after I make the selection and doesn't copy. I can exit out by clicking again, but it doesn't copy the screenshot to...