Windows 10: Windows shortcut icon blank after malware infection

Discus and support Windows shortcut icon blank after malware infection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, My computer got infected by a trojan from a malicious program on the internet. It reset all my files, like putting g before my program name.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John_612, Jan 28, 2023.

1. John_612 Win User

Windows shortcut icon blank after malware infection

Hello, My computer got infected by a trojan from a malicious program on the internet. It reset all my files, like putting g before my program name. Although I have removed it, the things that virus did to my PC is still there. The shortcut icon is a blank icon no, not the icon come with the program, the icon which is the arrow is blanked . I tried to find the shortcut icon from imageres.dll but it is also blanked. Is there any fix possible? or should i try to fully reset my computer.Many thanks.=====================================Screenshots: https://imgur.com/0d7koDu

:)

John_612, Jan 28, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

Windows shortcut icon blank after malware infection gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Jan 28, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User

Just installed the latest version of GPU-Z and I'm having that blank icon shortcut again...

P4-630, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Windows shortcut icon blank after malware infection

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

Windows shortcut icon blank after malware infection

1. Windows shortcut icon blank after malware infection - Similar Threads - shortcut icon blank

2. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  3. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  4. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. box shortcut Icon or Blank icons on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    box shortcut Icon or Blank icons on Windows 11: please help...how to restore the windows shortcut as before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/box-shortcut-icon-or-blank-icons-on-windows-11/4447ffed-9958-4b8f-a3f1-b31ae717b71a
  6. box shortcut Icon or Blank icons on Windows 11

box shortcut Icon or Blank icons on Windows 11: please help...how to restore the windows shortcut as before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/box-shortcut-icon-or-blank-icons-on-windows-11/4447ffed-9958-4b8f-a3f1-b31ae717b71a
  7. Windows shortcut icon blank after malware infection

Windows shortcut icon blank after malware infection: Hello, My computer got infected by a trojan from a malicious program on the internet. It reset all my files, like putting g before my program name. Although I have removed it, the things that virus did to my PC is still there. The shortcut icon is a blank icon no, not the...
  8. Resetting Windows 10 after malware infection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Windows 10 after malware infection: Hi, everyone! I have recently been foolish enough to download and run an .exe file from a suspicious website. I have been using the free version of Kaspersky and I can say that I am pretty satisfied with it. So once I ran the file the antivuris detected 3 types of Trojan and...
  9. Malware infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware infection: My laptop got infected with malware win-10 after using anti-malware I deleted some programme now a msg is popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-infection/b87a988d-00df-4403-9be2-2afdd9d9f889
  10. Computer infected with Trojan,Malware and Adware no icons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer infected with Trojan,Malware and Adware no icons: My computer has been infected with this virus TROJAN.PHISHING.ARK!eml Since it is lockdown in my country I am unable to use my PC. And I tried to enter my pc with the help of safe mode I am stuck at the password I have typed both my pin as well as password nothing works....