Windows 10: Windows shortcuts activate when I press any letter

Discus and support Windows shortcuts activate when I press any letter in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sometimes when I'm using my computer shortcuts begin to appear without me holding windows key. The Shortcuts is like you hold windows key and press a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanishGuy47, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Windows shortcuts activate when I press any letter

Sometimes when I'm using my computer shortcuts begin to appear without me holding windows key.

The Shortcuts is like you hold windows key and press a letter, that happends without me holding windows key.

This is probbaly a shortcut I accidentally activated, but I don't know how I did it?

Anyone how to deactivate the shortcut?

:)

DanishGuy47, Aug 10, 2020

2. Calculator keyboard shortcuts don't work in Windows 10!

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by RPG 17A on June 15, 2016. Once you have the calculator on the desktop, follow these steps to create a shortcut key:

• Click on Shortcut tab.
    • In line with Shortcut key, press any letter that you desire to use for shortcut.
    • Once done, you can try the keys that you have created for the Calculator shortcut.

Windows shortcuts activate when I press any letter 9076fad3-1d4c-44af-b5cb-7955ec6bb8ce.jpg

Windows shortcuts activate when I press any letter 8ecf450c-c3dd-4648-80a7-f56f6faba194.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Aug 10, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows shortcuts activate when I press any letter :)

terrace, Aug 10, 2020
  4. p_hanlon Win User

Windows shortcuts activate when I press any letter

Shortcut to contacts by pressing the 1st letter of name....

Hi - I have always had Nokia phones and they have all allowed me to press the contacts button and then type the first letter of the person I wanted to call. For example if I was phoning 'mum' i would hit the number 6 key once to bring up all contact starting
    with the letter 'm' and then scroll down a couple to 'mum'.

Now it seems when I press 'm' it shows everybody in my contacts that have a 'm' somewhere in the name.

Am I doing something really mad????

Surely there must be a way of shortcut to the contact without having to scroll down them all?

Can anyone help?

Paul

p_hanlon, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows shortcuts activate when I press any letter

1. Windows shortcuts activate when I press any letter - Similar Threads - shortcuts activate press

2. When I press the letter "V", it makes a sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press the letter "V", it makes a sound: Hi! I'm having issues with my keyboard. Whenever I press the letter "V" it will make a sound. My sticky keys and filter keys are already I tried turning it on and off but it didn't work : and have checked for updates already. It's the only key that makes a sound, and it still...
  3. When I press the letter "V", it makes a sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press the letter "V", it makes a sound: Hi! I'm having issues with my keyboard. Whenever I press the letter "V" it will make a sound. My sticky keys and filter keys are already I tried turning it on and off but it didn't work : and have checked for updates already. It's the only key that makes a sound, and it still...
  4. Hitting enter toggles keyboard letters to activate shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hitting enter toggles keyboard letters to activate shortcuts: When i hit enter my keyboard no longer lets me type, and letters just do their shortcuts p opens print, o opens file explorer, etc filter key, toggle keys, and sticky keys are all off, anyone know what is causing this?...
  5. Hitting enter toggles keyboard letters to activate shortcuts

Hitting enter toggles keyboard letters to activate shortcuts: When i hit enter my keyboard no longer lets me type, and letters just do their shortcuts p opens print, o opens file explorer, etc filter key, toggle keys, and sticky keys are all off, anyone know what is causing this?...
  6. Windows Sound when I press any key on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sound when I press any key on Desktop: Hey,I got this weird issue where when I'm on my desktop and I press a key on my keyboard that it plays the "Windows Background". Am I going crazy?Please help me. Restarting doesn't help. I know that its called the Windows Background Sound bc that's whats its called in Control...
  7. Windows Sound when I press any key on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sound when I press any key on Desktop: Hey,I got this weird issue where when I'm on my desktop and I press a key on my keyboard that it plays the "Windows Background". Am I going crazy?Please help me. Restarting doesn't help. I know that its called the Windows Background Sound bc that's whats its called in Control...
  8. Windows 7 Start Menu: How to press the first letter of the shortcut and it highlights it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Start Menu: How to press the first letter of the shortcut and it highlights it?: This used to work in my last install of Win7 but this one doesn't cooperate. Must be some option I did before. I want to hit M and it goes to the first shortcut titled with an M. It makes things so fast....
  9. Windows 7 Start Menu: How to press the first letter of the shortcut and it highlights it?

Windows 7 Start Menu: How to press the first letter of the shortcut and it highlights it?: This used to work in my last install of Win7 but this one doesn't cooperate. Must be some option I did before. I want to hit M and it goes to the first shortcut titled with an M. It makes things so fast....
  10. problem when i press letter K and a beep noise when i press page down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem when i press letter K and a beep noise when i press page down: hi , i installe the windows 10 for second time because i have a strange problem , when i type the letter K its going to tool bar and only there i can type k , not in office world , excel or even here and onother issue when i press page down and number 8 i always have a beep...