Windows 10: Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

Discus and support Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Show/Hide has always worked for me. Yesterday I had about 10 updates show. I want to install all BUT the 2004 Feature Update, so hid that in Show/Hide.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rebop, Aug 17, 2020.

1. rebop Win User

Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

Show/Hide has always worked for me. Yesterday I had about 10 updates show. I want to install all BUT the 2004 Feature Update, so hid that in Show/Hide. It shows as hidden there, but when I check Windows Update again the next day, it is still listed. Normally, it would not be and all other updates would be. Now all are there and I do not yet care to install the feature update.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks.

Win 10 1909

:)

rebop, Aug 17, 2020

2. [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 17, 2020
  3. hiding windows 10 update

Microsoft has released a free utility to hide available Windows Updates and driver updates for Windows 10.

Follow these steps to use show or hide updates to hide Windows updates

Step 1: Click
    here
    to download Show or hide updates utility.

Step 2: Run the utility. Click Next button to let the tool search for available Windows updates as well as driver updates.

Step 3: When you see the "Show or hide updates" screen, click Hide updates to view all available Windows and driver updates.

Step 4: Select updates that you want to hide. Click Next button.

You will see Troubleshooting has completed message in a few seconds with the name of update(s) that you just made hidden.

Hope my answer comes in handy.

You might also interested in
    How to disable automatic driver updates in Windows 10
    guide.

PeterPeng3, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10  

Hey boys........... i have run the tools on my Windows 10 X64 Home........... on Hide i have obtain a very long list say to me i have to upgrade some hardware....... look:

Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update P2VxpD.png

Apparently i don't have any HIDE........ but on Windows Update i don't find any update........ the list continue below and below again...

How i can upgrade all this driver ??? I have all activated inside my Windows Update option and inside the "Devices and Printers"..... someone can make some suggestion about this ?

DjDiabolik, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

1. Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update - Similar Threads - Show Hide hiding

2. hide update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hide update: ok i tired hiding certain updates by using wushowhide by microsoft but it seems intel drivers are still being installed and they cannot be removed after installed through windows update. is there any solution for this?...
  3. Show/Hide Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show/Hide Tool: Anyone else having trouble downloading the Show/Hide tool from Microsoft? All I get is a Microsoft 404 page. Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge and even Internet Explorer. http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...owhide.diagcab Ben Windows 10 Home version 2004 Build 19041.804...
  4. windows update hide

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update hide: how do i prevent specific windows update it seems it is downloading some intel drivers even though i already installed all drivers for motherboard. so i dont want from windows update. now that two drivers have been installed how do i uninstall?...
  5. hiding updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hiding updates: I know there is a way to hide specific widndows update, but to be more specific is there a way to hide certain "optional" updates, specifically drivers. the reason l ask is my recently purchased laptop is a refurb which has had some minor replacements one of which was the...
  6. hiding updates

in Windows 10 Support
    hiding updates: I know there is a way to hide specific widndows update, but to be more specific is there a way to hide certain "optional" updates, specifically drivers. the reason l ask is my recently purchased laptop is a refurb which has had some minor replacements one of which was the...
  7. Hide windows updates from programs and features

Hide windows updates from programs and features: Any way to do this? I want to use programs and features for my programs only. Ccleaner used to be able to do it, but it doesnt seem to be working anymore. 124134
  8. Hide windows updates from programs and features

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hide windows updates from programs and features: Any way to do this? I want to use programs and features for my programs only. Ccleaner used to be able to do it, but it doesnt seem to be working anymore. 124134
  9. Hide Updates

Hide Updates: I have a failed update that I do not want, but how are they hidden, up to 8.1 it was easy, now I cant find 'hide updates' ?*Sad 51964
  10. Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 In Windows 10, your PC or device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates...