Windows 10: Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor

Discus and support Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I’ve been having issues with booting up my laptop lately. Today I turned it on like normal because I thought I needed to use my laptop, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by confusedIY, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor

Hello,I’ve been having issues with booting up my laptop lately. Today I turned it on like normal because I thought I needed to use my laptop, and I wasn’t paying attention, but I think what happened was my computer got to the login screen, but I just didn’t log in because I had to leave, and so I just closed my laptop.When I came back I tried to turn my laptop back on again, but it went into Automatic Repair mode because it had trouble starting up. I’m assuming this was because I didn’t put my computer to sleep properly before I left. Eventually my computer brought me to the blue screens askin

:)

confusedIY, Oct 22, 2021

2. Black Screen with working mouse cursor but not keyboard

It is frozen or just black screen in Safe mode ?
    might try to repair Windows by an installation DVD or a USB stick

little cat, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Starborn Win User
    Windows goes to Black Screen, no cursor

Mine will not show a cursor at all. Its just a black screen without a cursor.

Starborn, Oct 22, 2021
  4. BetsyCole Win User

Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor

Black screen with blinking cursor

I run Windows 10 and have a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I can hit Control, Alt, Delete, and it reboots momentarily, show the Dell logo and F2 Setup anf F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Regardless of what key
    I hit, it goes right back to the Black screen w/ cursor. I can't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

BetsyCole, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor

1. Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor - Similar Threads - showing black screen

2. Black Screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen with cursor: Hello,tonight I install the 22H2 update all fine and turn off the PC, today I turn on and after the boot I get black screen with cursor blinking in the top left corner, what's happening?From pc boot menu it's the same, I select the SSD disk and nothing happens... Note: If I...
  3. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor: Hello,I have a problem with my computer. When I turn it on, the screen is black and I can only see the cursor. I've found that this question has been asked before like in here:...
  4. Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor: Hello,I’ve been having issues with booting up my laptop lately. Today I turned it on like normal because I thought I needed to use my laptop, and I wasn’t paying attention, but I think what happened was my computer got to the login screen, but I just didn’t log in because I...
  5. Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor: Hello,I’ve been having issues with booting up my laptop lately. Today I turned it on like normal because I thought I needed to use my laptop, and I wasn’t paying attention, but I think what happened was my computer got to the login screen, but I just didn’t log in because I...
  6. Black Screen With Cursor

Black Screen With Cursor: Hello, So today I turned on my computer and it was updating and sec later the power went off. When I turned it back again it asked me to select my keyboard language after that it showed me some options like troubleshoot so I clicked at troubleshoot and selected startup...
  7. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  8. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  9. Black screen with cursor after install and first login

Black screen with cursor after install and first login: Just upgraded my bro-in-law's HP Pavilion desktop from 8.1 to 10. It's got an AMD processor, but I don't know which one exactly...probably one of the lower level ones. It was a refurb from Fry's, purchased a couple of months ago. It was running 8.1 just fine. The upgrade...
  10. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...