Windows 10: Windows showing not correct number of dell firmware driver in optional updates

Discus and support Windows showing not correct number of dell firmware driver in optional updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I already updated firmware via dell utility on my Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming, but windows 10 optional update still showing it to me... Will this be fixed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DymytrYo, Feb 15, 2021.

1. DymytrYo Win User

Windows showing not correct number of dell firmware driver in optional updates

I already updated firmware via dell utility on my Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming, but windows 10 optional update still showing it to me...
    Will this be fixed?
    A little annoying.
    1.13.1 is correct version actually - "Dell Inspiron 14 Gaming 7467 and 15 Gaming 7567 System BIOS - 1.13.1"

Windows showing not correct number of dell firmware driver in optional updates 88dce884-cd24-42e3-872a-4eb6eac8f883?upload=true.png

:)

DymytrYo, Feb 15, 2021

2. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 UEFI Firmware driver installs but firmware does not update

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 UEFI Firmware driver installs but firmware does not update

• The OS is Windows 10 Version 1607
    • Current version - Surface UEFI firmware: 106.1624.768.0
    • Attempted update - Surface UEFI firmware: 107.1741.768.0

The UEFI Firmware driver window shows the following after installation and two subsequent restarts:

The UEFI Firmware driver window shows the following after installation and three subsequent restarts:

Attempts to install the UEFI firmware through the Surface Installer and manually in the device manager have installed the driver but the firmware does not install upon restarting. After restarting twice, the driver reports that it is a different version than firmware on the device and stops presenting an option to restart.

Installing Surface Pro Firmware with WinPE on a USB drive also does not result in the UEFI firmware being installed, though another firmware update successfully applied via this process the first time the device rebooted from WinPE.

The driver can be rolled back to the version which matches the actual version of the firmware.

Searches on other forums suggest that when this occurs, that the device is defective and needs to be replaced by Microsoft.

Device Manager

Windows showing not correct number of dell firmware driver in optional updates nVQXD.png

Windows showing not correct number of dell firmware driver in optional updates aDL2g.png

Windows showing not correct number of dell firmware driver in optional updates FtxjV.png

Windows showing not correct number of dell firmware driver in optional updates cYbZj.png

AndreRoberge, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 15, 2021
  4. mta3006 Win User

Dell Drivers showing as updated when they are not!

I have been checking the support website for my Dell XPS8920 for an updated Realtek Audio Driver. The file offered for download as having been updated 31 Jan 2019 is the same file size, file name, version number and even has the same identical SHA-256 checksum as the driver file I downloaded over a year ago. I have observed the same phenomenon with several other drivers offered as having been updated.

Has anyone else noticed Dell Drivers listed on the Dell Support site as having been newly updated, when the file offered is actually much older?

mta3006, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows showing not correct number of dell firmware driver in optional updates - Similar Threads - showing correct number

2. Cannot update Dell P2314H Firmware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update Dell P2314H Firmware: this is what the firmware updater is telling me:The following connected monitors have been detected: BOE Plug and Play Monitor - BOE0698 Drivers for the following monitors have been found: Dell P2314H DP - DEL4098 Dell P2314H DVI - DEL4099 Dell P2314H VGA - DEL409A Drivers...
  3. Cannot update Dell P2314H Firmware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update Dell P2314H Firmware: this is what the firmware updater is telling me:The following connected monitors have been detected: BOE Plug and Play Monitor - BOE0698 Drivers for the following monitors have been found: Dell P2314H DP - DEL4098 Dell P2314H DVI - DEL4099 Dell P2314H VGA - DEL409A Drivers...
  4. ASUS firmware update optional

ASUS firmware update optional: Hello, today I received an update from Asus as a Microsoft optional update. It asked me to reboot my computer to install it. I did and my PC went boot looping, so I have reseted it to see if it would stop the problem. Then it asked me to update the BIOS, so I had to get...
  5. ASUS firmware update optional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS firmware update optional: Hello, today I received an update from Asus as a Microsoft optional update. It asked me to reboot my computer to install it. I did and my PC went boot looping, so I have reseted it to see if it would stop the problem. Then it asked me to update the BIOS, so I had to get...
  6. MS update failed/Dell firmware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS update failed/Dell firmware: My Dell firmware had an overnight update to the BIOS it seems. I set the update to complete at 4 am. When I got up at 11 am the laptop was hot, i turned it off and when i turned it back on the update needed to complete and then said it was successful. The laptop rebooted...
  7. MS update failed/Dell firmware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS update failed/Dell firmware: My Dell firmware had an overnight update to the BIOS it seems. I set the update to complete at 4 am. When I got up at 11 am the laptop was hot, i turned it off and when i turned it back on the update needed to complete and then said it was successful. The laptop rebooted...
  8. MS update failed/Dell firmware

9. hp firmware optional update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hp firmware optional update: along with the compulsory updates, i have 2 hp optional updates. 1 is something to do with my keyboard and the other is hp firmware 15.61.0.0. last time i installed one of these hp firmware updates, it was actually a bios update in disguise which should only be done if...
  10. Dell Drivers showing as updated when they are not!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Drivers showing as updated when they are not!: I have been checking the support website for my Dell XPS8920 for an updated Realtek Audio Driver. The file offered for download as having been updated 31 Jan 2019 is the same file size, file name, version number and even has the same identical SHA-256 checksum as the driver...