Windows 10: Windows showing "time to full charge" instead of battery percentage when charging

Discus and support Windows showing "time to full charge" instead of battery percentage when charging in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows used to show the current charge level whenever I hovered over the battery icon, like this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trusty_engie, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Windows showing "time to full charge" instead of battery percentage when charging

Windows showing "time to full charge" instead of battery percentage when charging xYKY-4FjyxTAwRa02tRfhHjhqJ5G_pFkzUkHtZb3HOc.jpg

Windows used to show the current charge level whenever I hovered over the battery icon, like this:

https://preview.redd.it/2a2gsinz36k...bp&s=ea84051140f50a099ab700eb44956a97937e3605

And that is normally still the case; but now, whenever my computer is plugged in, it only shows the estimated time to a full charge:

https://preview.redd.it/vfxjna0c36k...bp&s=020061db74db9995cee7cc57b466a25c9e0661dd

Personally, I couldn't care less about how long it will take to get a full charge. I want to know how long my battery will last if I were to unplug it at that moment. Of course I can click on the icon and get that info, but I like the hover-box better. Does anyone know how to get Windows to show the current charge level always, as in, when it is charging as well as when it isn't?

And screw Windows for trying to fix things that were never broken in the first place >:/

Surface Pro 7

submitted by /u/trusty_engie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trusty_engie, Feb 28, 2021

2. Laptop charging but not increasing battery charged percentage

My HP Probook 4530s (Windows) can charge when it is shut down but cannot increase the battery charged percentage while charging when it is on (although it shows that the charger is plugged in and charging).

Why is this happening and how I can make it show the current battery charged percentage again?

Newtonsmith, Feb 28, 2021
  3. marijnr Win User
    Laptop charging but not increasing battery charged percentage

Let your laptop running until it's only at a few percent left, and then charge it. Let it charge for a while (maybe half an hour) while it's turned on.
    If you unplug your charger after some time and if the battery percentage is correct, it should shut down within a minute or so. If this happens, the problem can be your battery. If it stays on for quite a while, even when it's at a few percent, the problem will be where this percentage is calculated.

In any case, this problem seems to be hardware related, and it's best to let somebody look at it that has some expertise.

marijnr, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Windows showing "time to full charge" instead of battery percentage when charging

Windows 10 battery percentage of design or full charge capacity?

Is the battery indicator in Windows 10 a percentage of the design capacity or the current full charge capacity of the battery ?

ie. if my battery capacity dropped from say, 60mWh to 30mWh from wear, would the indicator show 50% or 100% when the battery is fully charged at its current capacity of 30mWh ?

EDIT: to describe my case, I have an XPS 13 9350 whose battery has a design capacity of 56mWh. over the past few weeks, the battery percentage in windows stops at 55 with "plugged in not charging". running

shows that the current full charge capacity is about 41mWh, meaning at 55% I'm getting about 20mWh on a "full" charge. the surprising thing is Dell Command Power Manager shows my battery to be in excellent health.

Abhinav Vishak, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows showing "time to full charge" instead of battery percentage when charging

1. Windows showing "time to full charge" instead of battery percentage when charging - Similar Threads - showing full charge

2. Battery not charging in running time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not charging in running time.: when I plug-in my charger in laptop windows 10 not charging but only shows white LED constantly. but when it in sleep mode or shutdown my lapton charging and red LED shows it function. it not charging in running condition noly charging in sleep mood or power off....
  3. Battery shows 0% , battery bars show full charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery shows 0% , battery bars show full charge: Battery indicator shows 0%, battery bars show full, light next to plug is white showing fully charged. Computer dies if unplugged, all the way back to system clock....
  4. Battery shows 0% , battery bars show full charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery shows 0% , battery bars show full charge: Battery indicator shows 0%, battery bars show full, light next to plug is white showing fully charged. Computer dies if unplugged, all the way back to system clock....
  5. Server 2016 showing BATTERY percentage & charging????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Server 2016 showing BATTERY percentage & charging????: Looks like after installing some updates, Windows Server 2016 Standard begin showing BATTERY in lower right corner of task bar, with actual animation of battery charging. Lol & ****? :BTW: It's fully blown RACK SERVER with 16 disks in RAID10 array, XEON CPU, redundant power...
  6. Charging icon showing but laptop battery percentage not increasing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Charging icon showing but laptop battery percentage not increasing: Even though when I plug in my laptop it shows me that it's plugged in , it still doesn't charge. It also doesn't show me estimated time until fully charged. What can I do to fix this?...
  7. PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue: I am using a HP Notebook model "hp 15-bs1xx" , but I am experiencing a issue there. I am using windows 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.836. Window shows that 16% battery is remaining but after few seconds it automatically shutdown without any battery low warning. And also,...
  8. Battery charge percentage shows 1% after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery charge percentage shows 1% after reboot: Hoping some computer wiz can help me out here, Im at a loss... My system: Dell Inspiron 7373 2in 1 with 64 bit Windows 10 pro, Intel i7 This laptop has done this since new. This thing is still under warranty but I really dont want to have to transfer all my stuff from it...
  9. Battery Icon shows drain when plugged in but battery settings shows full charge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Icon shows drain when plugged in but battery settings shows full charge: This is a issue with update 1803. With this Spring Creator's Update.. my laptop battery icon in the system tray would suddenly jump from almost fully charged to "27%, plugged in, not charging" while the actual battery status when view in Windows would be between 96% and...
  10. 01 min to full charge but battery not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    01 min to full charge but battery not charging: [img] My laptop battery icon is showing this and still not charging since two days. If i plug out the adapter, the percentage showing decreases. But when plugged in, it is not increasing and still 34% since two days. What should i do to make it charging again? 58356