Windows 10: Windows showing two different wifi connection for the same router.

Discus and support Windows showing two different wifi connection for the same router. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I switched off the router to see whether both the connections goes of and it did. So which means for the same router windows is showing two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sreeragk1, Jul 16, 2020.

1. sreeragk1 Win User

Windows showing two different wifi connection for the same router.

Windows showing two different wifi connection for the same router. 436d349d-a56b-4b87-b477-d55d7252ae01?upload=true.png

I switched off the router to see whether both the connections goes of and it did. So which means for the same router windows is showing two connection and I can connect to both the connection. The strange part this doesn't show up in my android phone.

:)

sreeragk1, Jul 16, 2020
  2. simrick Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jul 16, 2020
  3. graye Win User
    One Router, Two Connections. Ghost network?

It's possible that your router has 2 frequencies that it's using... the 2.4 Ghz band and the 5 Ghz band. In my router, it shows up as Router and Router5G.

graye, Jul 16, 2020
  4. RTTGOD Win User

One Router, Two Connections. Ghost network?

Hello there!

Its been a few weeks now, and I have noticed that my Windows 10 laptop running 64-bit Home, has two wifi connections. Yes.

I have one router.

Two connections show up. They have the same EVERYTHING. The only difference being the name of the network, the clone has a 2 next to its name.

BOTh connections work perfectly.

Is this a bug? A secret trick? The clone does not show up on any of my 10+ devices including Windows 7,8 laptops and smart devices.

RTTGOD, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows showing two different wifi connection for the same router. - Similar Threads - showing different wifi

2. Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance: Recently, I was visiting a place and rented a hotel room and got into a wired situation:Situation: In the hotel, each floor has separate WiFi routers installed, all the routers have the same SSID eg- XYZ_Hotel_WiFi, but each router has a different password. Issue: The...
  3. Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two WiFi Router- One SSID - Two Password - 2Different Floor in same building- Interferance: Recently, I was visiting a place and rented a hotel room and got into a wired situation:Situation: In the hotel, each floor has separate WiFi routers installed, all the routers have the same SSID eg- XYZ_Hotel_WiFi, but each router has a different password. Issue: The...
  4. Connect to the same wifi with 2 difference wireless interface

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect to the same wifi with 2 difference wireless interface: My PC has two wireless interface cards, one installed into the motherboard antenna poking out of the unit, the other one plugged in with a USB cable. Now in my connections tab I have WiFi and WiFi2 where I can separately select a network to connect. Since both interfaces are...
  5. Connection to WiFi router

Connection to WiFi router: I installed a Wi-Fi adaptor card on my Motherboard. I disabled the onboard WiFi adaptor.In Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections I cannot find the full panel to edit/enter info to allow the new card to find my router.I conclude that I have missed a step, or do not...
  6. Windows will not connect to WIFI router with new password and same SSID

Windows will not connect to WIFI router with new password and same SSID: After changing password for a non-broadcasting network's SSID Windows 10 continues asking for a new network key then does not accept the new key. Password was changed for safety purposes and has been accepted by other devices on this network, most of which are Apple ios or...
  7. Problem Connecting Multiple Wifi Routers With Same SSID

Problem Connecting Multiple Wifi Routers With Same SSID: Hi, I lives in Pakistan, Here main BroadBand service provider is PTCL. When they install new BroadBand internet connection, they name each router's SSID as "PTCL-BB". Surely, I can change the SSID but as we go to some other place same problem exists. I need to use some...
  8. Same wifi showing with two names.

Same wifi showing with two names.: [ATTACH] So Windows 10 (latest build) has been showing me my router with two names since quite a long time. I've tried to reset, run troubleshoot and remove it via cmd to no avail. It sometimes switches between itself which causes issues while gaming, etc. Please help me get...
  9. Same router gives two different subnet ip's. What gives?

Same router gives two different subnet ip's. What gives?: Hi, I have the following setup: two computers, in different parts of the house, are connected to the same router. One of them answers to ipconfig as 192.168.1.XXX, while the other as 192.168.0.XXX. The router's DHCP list is .0.100-.0.199 [ATTACH] For the life of me I...
  10. Connecting to Router/WIfi

Connecting to Router/WIfi: I can not connect to my Router/Modem at all. I have tried everything there is to be able to connect. I did get a msg come up from Microsoft that said problem was with Microsoft & to try back later. That was 2 days ago. Thank you...