Windows 10: Windows showing unusual behaviour after update

Discus and support Windows showing unusual behaviour after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I was notified that I should be updated (1809) and moreover the whole laptop was showing unusual behaviour. I eventually updated and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AkhilDas, Oct 1, 2019.

1. AkhilDas Win User

Windows showing unusual behaviour after update

Recently I was notified that I should be updated (1809) and moreover the whole laptop was showing unusual behaviour. I eventually updated and after that the system has been showing unusual behaviour of which are

-The texts dissapear from incons, task manager and all

-Whenever I try to open Chrome , the whole pc freezes to the point where the only option is a Power kill

-Disk usage is 100% with no processes on task manager. There are processes but they dont add upto 100% usage combined.

The only thing I did prior to the update was force remove some bloatware since I wanted smoother experience.

I tried using DISM and tried to upgrade my pc to 1903 with media creation tool but the problem still persists.

Thank you.

Windows showing unusual behaviour after update [​IMG]

:)

AkhilDas, Oct 1, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows showing unusual behaviour after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Phillmont Win User
    Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Windows showing unusual behaviour after update

Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows showing unusual behaviour after update

1. Windows showing unusual behaviour after update - Similar Threads - showing unusual behaviour

2. abnormal behaviour after an update a week ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    abnormal behaviour after an update a week ago: i tried system restore, factory reset but none of the usb ports are responding ,camera failed to start , bluetooth also not working and many more abnormalities are disturbing me ,somebody please help me out.i had hp notebook laptop ....
  3. Bluetooth mouse left click shows unusual behaviour.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth mouse left click shows unusual behaviour.: Bluetooth mouse left click presses the back button on chrome. I am working on Windows 10 OS Build 19043.1110 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-mouse-left-click-shows-unusual-behaviour/498e1385-0c92-4850-96df-54808f27c467
  4. Taskbar clock - new and unusual behaviour related to RuntimeBroker.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar clock - new and unusual behaviour related to RuntimeBroker.exe: After upgrading to build 2004 I noticed that if I teminate all RuntimeBrokers from task manager (I like to keep the number of running processes to a minimum) the task bar's clock will crash when clicked on. Specifically what crashes is ShellExperienceHost.exe, with faulting...
  5. unusual behaviour by exe file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unusual behaviour by exe file: PUA:Win32/Solvusof, every time I scan defender says unusual behaviour for download folder in F, low https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unusual-behaviour-by-exe-file/ef3770d3-3c19-409a-b891-e4500a0fcfad
  6. Unusual battery drainage after Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unusual battery drainage after Windows update: I've noticed my gaming laptop battery drains (while plugged in) while I'm gaming. This wasn't the case before: I could game for hours on end with the battery staying at 100% I think this draining was introduced with the most recent Windows January update. Is there a way to...
  7. Windows showing unusual behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows showing unusual behaviour.: Recently I was notified that I should be updated (1809) and moreover the whole laptop was showing unusual behaviour. I eventually updated and after that the system has been showing unusual behaviour of which are -The texts dissapear from incons, task manager and all...
  8. Unusual Power Behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual Power Behaviour.: The last two days, my laptop has been failing to power up on mains, the only work around for now is having to do a re-boot before it will kick in on the mains supply, I haven't changed any settings, or never been in or near the BIOS. Once I have done a re-boot, the mains...
  9. Windows 10 Update behaviour

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update behaviour: Windows 10 update finds updates, downloads them and then shows “Pending Install” but does not then install them straight away. They just sat there “Pending Install” showing and this can be for a long time. Windows 7 and 8.1 install updates straight away after the downloads...
  10. Unusual Windows Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unusual Windows Update Problem: Actually, enough testing/ Seems solved. A great tool! Thanks, Ben. ~Bob