Windows 10: Windows shows activity whilst I slept

Discus and support Windows shows activity whilst I slept in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some reason, my 8 year old desktop decided to 'speak' to me for the first time saying the following " I would love to help you set up voice... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EricaHayman, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Windows shows activity whilst I slept

For some reason, my 8 year old desktop decided to 'speak' to me for the first time saying the following " I would love to help you set up voice activation for your search, but you will have to unlock your device first". Guys, I literally was on the lock screen and got side tracked by a call. Finding this odd, I windows+R and ran a check for log in times. Sure enough, for the last couple months alone there are several log ins in my computer, from my computer, however during the hour, this Military family sleeps. Further investigating they start within minutes of me shutting down the computer and continue when I sign back on in the mornings. I have had strange freezes, constant loss of internet on this 2016 computer since I bought it supposedly new from walmart turned out to be a 2013 refurbished being sold as new, as walmart is constantly sued for selling used for new and lying to consumers. My husband was part of a scam on this computer in 2016/2017, where the screen was blue and I walked in right as he was letting the 'Microsoft company' type in a sum of over 500.00s to unlock the computer obviously a scam, probably why the computer was refurbished. Strange though the virus was downloaded after the resetting of the computer. I have ran all sorts of tests looking for malware, key stokers, trojan, ectara, to no avail. And i believe the computer was dirty when purchased as within minutes of first setting the thing up, years ago, my bank account was hit for a few hundred dollars. Now it lags, freezes, says i have no internet yet every other device in the home is perfectly covered. There are also programs on my computer that doesnt allow me access to the file. Is it time to ditch this thing or what?

:)

EricaHayman, Jan 5, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 5, 2021
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows activation . . .

In the Windows activation status page is it still showing as activated, or do you have something like 3 days to do it in?

qubit, Jan 5, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows shows activity whilst I slept

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows shows activity whilst I slept :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows shows activity whilst I slept

1. Windows shows activity whilst I slept - Similar Threads - shows activity whilst

2. Microsoft locked me out of my laptop updating while I slept! Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft locked me out of my laptop updating while I slept! Help!: Microsoft locked me out while I slept! Help, I need to get into my laptop! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-locked-me-out-of-my-laptop-updating/40a2f889-2a83-40d1-9037-425c8f2c08df
  3. Suddenly it showing to activate windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly it showing to activate windows.: Suddenly it showing to activate windows , when I go to settings and try to open activation settings it freezes the settings window. And I cant update windows also, showing one of my update service is not working properly. And when I try to open the windows security , It Opens...
  4. BSOD Whilst Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Whilst Gaming: Hello,Since last month, my PC keeps blue screening on whilst I am playing games, specifically the game Rust. I will start the game and within a few minutes it will blue screen.It gives these 2 error codes:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.I have played multiple...
  5. BSOD Whilst Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Whilst Gaming: Hello,Since last month, my PC keeps blue screening on whilst I am playing games, specifically the game Rust. I will start the game and within a few minutes it will blue screen.It gives these 2 error codes:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.I have played multiple...
  6. Windows only picking up sound from microphone whilst ''Listen to this device'' is activated.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows only picking up sound from microphone whilst ''Listen to this device'' is activated.: Hi!I've been experiencing some difficulty getting my microphone to work. My microphone is connected to a first gen Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, the same audiocard my speakers are connected to. The audio is getting picked up by the audiocard as indicated by flashing lights, I can...
  7. windows shows that it is activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows shows that it is activated: I ordered new ram, motherboard and cpu, after putting pc components together and installing windows 10 it shows that windows is activated even though i didnt buy license and in installation process i pressed that i dont have product key.why would it show that windows is...
  8. Windows 10 media controls always showing whilst media is playing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 media controls always showing whilst media is playing.: Hi, Whenever I have an application open and playing some form of media, the windows 10 media controls overlay will appear and will not disappear unless the media stops playing. This is very infuriating since I can't listen to Spotify and also do something else without the...
  9. when i try to activate windows it shows this

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    when i try to activate windows it shows this: wwwweeeee[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-activate-windows-it-shows-this/1ab1d069-8000-4a41-abba-998ea5aa7254
  10. BSODs whilst gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs whilst gaming: Hi, I've been getting a few bluescreens and generalh CTDs whilst gaming quite a lot. So far I've replaced the motherboard (though becuase the old one was a dud), replaced the power supply (also dud) and rolled back my graphics drivers to 355.98, I also used DDU to remove...