Windows 10: windows shows error INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE after accidentally uninstalled HDD controller...

Discus and support windows shows error INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE after accidentally uninstalled HDD controller... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've accidentally uninstalled HDD controller driver. Now windows won't start it says INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE in blue screen. How do I fix this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Riad Hasan Rayhan, Feb 13, 2019.

1. windows shows error INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE after accidentally uninstalled HDD controller...

I've accidentally uninstalled HDD controller driver. Now windows won't start it says INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE in blue screen. How do I fix this problem I don't want to reinstall windows because I have a lot of files in C drive. Please help.

Laptop Model: HP ProBook 4440s running windows 10.

:)

Riad Hasan Rayhan, Feb 13, 2019

2. "Inaccessible Boot Device" error

Hi Bill,

The Inaccessible Boot Device error is usually occurring if a device driver that the computer boot controller needs is corrupted. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer?
    • Can you boot the PC to the desktop?
    • What update are you trying to uninstall?
    • What error message are you getting when you are trying to uninstall the update?

Since you already performed the troubleshooting steps that you mentioned in your post, we suggest performing an in-place upgrade. This
    article published by
    PaulSey provides further information on how to perform an in-place upgrade with Windows 10. In-place upgrade can repair Windows system files and can give you an option to keep your program and personal files. Check if the same issue persists
    after performing an in-place upgrade.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Ugo Lopez Win User
    Ugo Lopez, Feb 13, 2019
  4. windows shows error INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE after accidentally uninstalled HDD controller...

error :inaccessible boot device

hi

on the point 1 why should I boot from windows 8.1 CD/DVD ?

this problem is with windows 10 .

the error I get when I boot the system is

inaccessible boot device
    I followed the steps to run a repair ,,, and after finishing all the steps of repair the computer restart automatically and the same blue screen with the same error . I think theres no way at all to solve this problem .

jakobismail, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

windows shows error INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE after accidentally uninstalled HDD controller...

1. windows shows error INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE after accidentally uninstalled HDD controller... - Similar Threads - shows error INACCESSIBLE

2. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  3. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  4. Inaccessible boot device error after cpu upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot device error after cpu upgrade.: I upgraded from a Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 5 5600x. But now when I start the pc it gives me a bluescreen of death with the message inaccessible_boot_device. I have tried system restore and I have tried the sfc /scannow command but still no results...
  5. Inaccessible boot device error after cpu upgrade.

Inaccessible boot device error after cpu upgrade.: I upgraded from a Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 5 5600x. But now when I start the pc it gives me a bluescreen of death with the message inaccessible_boot_device. I have tried system restore and I have tried the sfc /scannow command but still no results...
  6. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot device error: Someone to please help me fix this error my computer won't start or reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device-error/5613a115-72d4-48b1-8f49-190f161acabd
  7. Inaccessible boot device error

Inaccessible boot device error: Someone to please help me fix this error my computer won't start or reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device-error/5613a115-72d4-48b1-8f49-190f161acabd
  8. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inaccessible boot device error: Hello, i uninstalled the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and then restarted the computer. But after restarting the windows does not start and keeps giving the Inaccessible Boot device error and restarts the laptop. And when the laptop restarts the windows Automatic...
  9. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE - Can't uninstall updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE - Can't uninstall updates: Hello, For a while now, my computer seems to not be able to install a windows update. When it starts, he tries to install it but fails and undo the change. Three days ago on 03/02, when I started my computer, there was a bsod with the message INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. In...
  10. Inaccessible boot device after changing RAID controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inaccessible boot device after changing RAID controller: My W10 1909 x64 system that used a built in RAID controller (LSI 1038) didn't support large drives, so I bought an IBM 5016. I backed up the RAID 1 boot device using Macrium Reflect Installed the new RAID controller and deleted the old RAID 1 array, and then created a new...