Windows 10: Windows shows HDD's as Removable device

Discus and support Windows shows HDD's as Removable device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Recently, i got a New motherboard, Asus P6T Deluxe V2. From that upgrade, Windows started to show one of my HDD's as Removable. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MFTgamesYT, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Windows shows HDD's as Removable device

Hello,

Recently, i got a New motherboard,

Asus P6T Deluxe V2.

From that upgrade, Windows started to show one of my HDD's as Removable.

I have

WD Blue 500GB

and

WD Purple 1TB.

Via regedit command i found on Microsoft support, But that only removes one HDD from Removable device, but other one still shows as Removable.

Any solution?

:)

MFTgamesYT, Feb 17, 2019

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 17, 2019
  3. GIL
    gil Win User
    USB3.0 Issues and Internal HDD shows as removable

Update: So I went to BIOS settings and disabled all Hot Swaps.... here's what's worrying me
    1. The HDD is not even listed as one of the connected devices!!
    2. Other SSD's do appear.
    3. The issue still persists. The internal drive shows under Portable Devices.

Windows shows HDD's as Removable device [​IMG]

4. Novgorod Win User

Windows shows HDD's as Removable device

Can't remove disconnected (ghost) network device

Thanks for the suggestion, but it can't remove the NIC:

Windows shows HDD's as Removable device [​IMG]

It's the only Intel I219-V that shows up in the device list of the DeviceCleaner program (it shows only non-present devices as I understand). Otherwise, the tool works - I found a ghost replica of the integrated GPU (Intel HD 530) and could remove it. Only the NIC gives this error message on removal, which is probably the reason I can't remove it the normal way through the device manager.

Novgorod, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows shows HDD's as Removable device

1. Windows shows HDD's as Removable device - Similar Threads - shows HDD's Removable

2. 4tb hdd not showing up on my computer the hdd is getting power but not showing up in device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4tb hdd not showing up on my computer the hdd is getting power but not showing up in device...: Hello. I just purchased a 4tb Seagate internal hdd, And I searched up multiple YouTube videos on how to unstall it and nothing worked I plugged in the cable from the power supply and the sata cable to the mother board. The hdd is getting power but it’s not showing up in...
  3. 4tb hdd not showing up on my computer the hdd is getting power but not showing up in device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4tb hdd not showing up on my computer the hdd is getting power but not showing up in device...: Hello. I just purchased a 4tb Seagate internal hdd, And I searched up multiple YouTube videos on how to unstall it and nothing worked I plugged in the cable from the power supply and the sata cable to the mother board. The hdd is getting power but it’s not showing up in...
  4. ssd shows up as removable hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd shows up as removable hdd: 1:it wasn't allways like this, but i dont know what i did probably i guess some driver stuff2:I've already tried the following:-reset my pc my data was lost for NOTHING-use the winsap formal cmd thing or whatever it was exactl-do the regestry stuff-use every driver update...
  5. HDD won’t show in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD won’t show in windows: Someone hopefully has the answer to this but i cannot see my new hdd that i installed anywhere in windows including disk management and device manager it shows in my bios but nowhere else. i’ve updated drivers and my bios unless there’s driver i need specifically for this hdd...
  6. SSD showing up as HDD in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD showing up as HDD in device manager: Hi, I just installed a Samsung SSD 2TB drive. I already have two 2TB and 1TB SSD drives and one old Western Digital 2TB disk drive insatlled. My new SSD drive is working properly. I was able to format it and move files to it, but it shows up as a Western Digital hard...
  7. hdd not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hdd not showing: I have a 500 gb ssd as boot drive and 1tb mechanical hdd as backup drive. the 1tb does not show in file explorer or disk manager. help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-not-showing/becd1520-d715-4a70-92a9-32402d94ed3b"
  8. HDD Shows in Devices But not in Explorer

HDD Shows in Devices But not in Explorer: I've got a zereoed HDD I want to format but formatting in win10 doesn't seem to be done by any disk handling prog I have found as yet. I was told to right click on the drive in Explorer and pick format. But the drive doesn't show in Explorer. the system sees it...
  9. HDD crashed, showing as Unknown Device

HDD crashed, showing as Unknown Device: Hello, My seagate 2TB internal HDD suddenly crashed after a couple of days of weird loading. The main problem I have is that the device is showing as Unknown Device on device manager. If i try to uninstall / Scan Hardware Changes, it just disappears. If I disable /...
  10. USB3.0 Issues and Internal HDD shows as removable

USB3.0 Issues and Internal HDD shows as removable: Hi all, I'm running Win10 64bit. My sig has all my system details. I use 2 SSD's and 1 internal HDD. Issue 1: My internal 2TB HDD is displayed in Device Manager as Portable Devices. This HDD hosts my User's Folders. Issue 2: I have an external HDD which is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 showing hdd caddy disk as removable