Windows 10: Windows shows 'Locking...' when waking up before logon screen.

Discus and support Windows shows 'Locking...' when waking up before logon screen. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have two tablets and a desktop PC, all Windows 10. On all of them I've disabled the Lock screen. When I start up or wake up the desktop, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markweatherill, May 31, 2016.

1. Windows shows 'Locking...' when waking up before logon screen.

Hi,

I have two tablets and a desktop PC, all Windows 10.
    On all of them I've disabled the Lock screen. When I start up or wake up the desktop, I get the logon screen as expected.

On both tablets, when I wake them from sleep, I often very briefly see the Windows start screen or whatever it was doing when I put it to sleep, and then a screen saying 'Locking...' which can stay there for a second or two, and only then the logon screen.

It's a bit annoying! I never used to get this on my first tablet; when I got the second one I started noticing it. And then it started happening on the first one too... But never on the desktop.

I think it must be a consequence of the lower performance of the tablets or their slowish SSDs. as when I disabled the logon screen background it seemed to help.

Or, is it something I can fix?

:)

markweatherill, May 31, 2016

2. Windows 10-1511 lock screen

Upgraded to 1511. I'm using a local login with no password. When I boot up the computer goes directly to desktop (which I want) When I wake it up from sleep the lock screen shows. How do disable the lock screen so it will go to the desktop like it used
    to before 1511?

DarylNunes, May 31, 2016
  3. Create password reset disk windows 10 nothing happens

Thanks, Terri. But I'm not sure if it goes to the issue I am having. When I turn on/wake up my machine, it shows the lock screen image; I hit "enter" and it takes me to the logon screen -- is this a local logon or a MS logon? I have always thought it
    to be a local, off-line logon, in which case I am not connected to or through MS, so my issue persists even without the interference from MS. I
    never use IE, Outlook, Hotmail or any of the other MS services or programs, so there is no reason for me to logon to any service of theirs. It is almost as if they are detecting that another browser is my default browser and punishing me for that
    (remember, even paranoiacs can have real enemies...).

But thanks for the suggestion.

sas

Steven A. Schwaber, May 31, 2016
Thema:

Windows shows 'Locking...' when waking up before logon screen.

1. Windows shows 'Locking...' when waking up before logon screen. - Similar Threads - shows 'Locking waking

2. Unlocked Lock screen showing before screen off

in Windows 10 Support
    Unlocked Lock screen showing before screen off: hi this is a bit of strange one - on my new Zenbook i noticed that the lockscreen shows up BEFORE the pc goes to screen off - there is no screen saver configured in settings or aynthjing and the weird part is that it's unlocked also, so you can click ENTER or spacebar or a...
  3. Background Picture on Start up before Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Picture on Start up before Lock Screen: Hi. When my Windows 10 first starts up, it shows a random picture of a logo that I was working with a couple of days ago. It only shows for about 3 seconds before the Lock Screen Image that I am used to pops up as it should do. How do I get rid of this logo image showing...
  4. Windows 10 wakes up to blue screen with movable cursor, wont show lock screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 wakes up to blue screen with movable cursor, wont show lock screen.: title basically says it all, I need to get in without rebooting because I am backup up my phones photos to a USB stick and I don't want to corrupt them....
  5. Black screen just before logon screen windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen just before logon screen windows 10: I'm having this strange and annoying behaviour that makes me waste a lot of time and I cannot identify the source of the problem, maybe someone can help me. The pc starts booting, the loading circle goes around with on gigabyte logo screen and when finally the logon screen...
  6. External monitor shows black screen after locking laptop when trying to wake it up?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    External monitor shows black screen after locking laptop when trying to wake it up?: I have been experiencing this strange issue starting about 1 month ago. Currently, my laptop is projecting its screen to a desktop monitor with its lid closed. Whenever I go lock my laptop and go off to do something else, my screen turns off after awhile. When I shake my...
  7. Lock screen showing up when going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen showing up when going to sleep: hi there, since at least 3 months I noticed that when I click the power button for having the PC go to sleep mode, the lock screen will pop up for like half second, and then it will go to standby. This definitely didn't happen when I set up the PC and some time ago it...
  8. Is there a way to show battery status on the lock and logon screens?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to show battery status on the lock and logon screens?: Is there a way to show battery status on the lock and logon screens of the Windows 10 on a notebook computer? 119993
  9. Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen apps not showing up on lock screen: I've tried searching through the forum but can't see anyone who has a similar issue. I can access the lock screen settings and I can see all available apps and have set a detailed status app and a couple of less detailed ones. However, when I actually get to the lock...
  10. Desktop showing for few seconds before lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop showing for few seconds before lock screen: Hi, I noticed that when the screen is locked, when resuming from sleep, the desktop will still show for few seconds before actually loading the login screen. Has anyone else noticed this? I am on a clean install with the latest updates. Thanks 34719