Windows 10: Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes

Discus and support Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The storage distribution shows 11.5 GB in Temporary files but that folder has only 68.9 MB in reality. I tried running disk cleanup multiple times but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pinecone_045, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes

The storage distribution shows 11.5 GB in Temporary files but that folder has only 68.9 MB in reality. I tried running disk cleanup multiple times but it clearly didn't work. I started facing this problem when I initiated the 'Remove files' process and had to restart the computer midway because it seemed like the cleanup was frozen. The folder size then was nearly 11-12 GB due to a Windows update. What's going on and how do I fix this?

Thank you!

Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes 78823df7-cadc-4c41-a701-47d3d79da629?upload=true.png Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes 8e15c173-ebda-4d1e-a5c6-f2bad0a093bd?upload=true.png Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes cf95937b-4bb9-4ced-94ad-74130ba25b55?upload=true.png

:)

pinecone_045, Jan 12, 2019

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jan 12, 2019
  4. A123 Win User

Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes

How to fix IE when IE11 current folder for temporary internet files shows no path and a size of 0? [Resolved]

How do I fix IE when the current folder for temporary internet files shows no path and a size of 0 for a local non-admin account? Other accounts are okay. I checked the registry key User Shell Folders under HKEY_USERS and HKEY_CURRENT_USER and the path
    is correct. I tried moving the folder and the same result. Also, clicking view files shows the folder. No browsing history shows when visiting websites. Any suggestions?

Update: I solved the issue with a recent system image backup.

Thema:

Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes

1. Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes - Similar Threads - shows different Temporary

2. The difference between Temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The difference between Temporary files: Hello, Temporary Files recognized that C drive has 1.05 GB files. When I'm going to delete these files, Show these files are only 150MB. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer not showing correct folder size

Windows 10 File Explorer not showing correct folder size: Regarding this issue, valid more than a year from v1803 on, has now been proven to be corrected on v1903, Great! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-not-showing-correct/2f8b976b-4330-4fa7-b805-8b9d497fd7b6"
  4. Difference in size of a folder with its contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference in size of a folder with its contents: Hello to all, I have a folder Documents and when I check its properties, Windows 10 x64 shows ~13 GB as its size. But when go within it and select all contents and check for properties (from the context menu) it shows ~3 GB as all of its contents' size. I also checked the...
  5. Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size

Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size: Need Help, Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size. Its very difficult to identify big size folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-file-explorer-not-showing-folder-size/7b31df8a-3fe7-41d2-97c9-d5cfb6c93cf1"
  6. Multiple Amount of Temporary Files Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Amount of Temporary Files Size in Windows 10: Hi There's no need for me to explain anything just look at the pictures. And what's this system and reserved? Windows 10 (1803) [ATTACH] ************* [ATTACH]...
  7. Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.: This is an issue I just discovered. I have a folder on my desktop that is 10.8GB. It has many files and folders inside of it. When I hover my mouse over it, it shows the correct total size of the contents of the folder i.e. 10.8GB. However, if I right click the folder and go...
  8. Two different user folders?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two different user folders?: It seems like I have 2 users folders One with path C:\Users\[username] and the other [username] I only notice this if I pin the user folder to Quick Access. Pictures attached. 48467
  9. Granting two users different permissions to different folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Granting two users different permissions to different folders: I have a Windows 10 PC that acts as a file share. Within this file share there are several hundred folders. I'd like to know if there is an easy to grant two different users different permissions to these several hundred folders. For example, I'd like like one users to be...
  10. Winver shows two different versions on two machines

in Windows 10 Support
    Winver shows two different versions on two machines: I have Win 10 installed on two machines. The first, an HP Laptop, came from the factory with W10 and quickly updated itself to version 1511 OSbuild 10586 according to Winver. The second, a Dell Destop, was updated from Win 7 to Win 10 back in December and after the...