Windows 10: Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes

Discus and support Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The storage distribution shows 11.5 GB in Temporary files but that folder has only 68.9 MB in reality. I tried running disk cleanup multiple times but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pinecone_045, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes

The storage distribution shows 11.5 GB in Temporary files but that folder has only 68.9 MB in reality. I tried running disk cleanup multiple times but it clearly didn't work. I started facing this problem when I initiated the 'Remove files' process and had to restart the computer midway because it seemed like the cleanup was frozen. The folder size then was nearly 11-12 GB due to a Windows update. What's going on and how do I fix this?

Thank you!

Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes 78823df7-cadc-4c41-a701-47d3d79da629?upload=true.png Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes 8e15c173-ebda-4d1e-a5c6-f2bad0a093bd?upload=true.png Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes cf95937b-4bb9-4ced-94ad-74130ba25b55?upload=true.png

:)

pinecone_045, Jan 12, 2019

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jan 12, 2019
  4. A123 Win User

Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes

How to fix IE when IE11 current folder for temporary internet files shows no path and a size of 0? [Resolved]

How do I fix IE when the current folder for temporary internet files shows no path and a size of 0 for a local non-admin account? Other accounts are okay. I checked the registry key User Shell Folders under HKEY_USERS and HKEY_CURRENT_USER and the path
    is correct. I tried moving the folder and the same result. Also, clicking view files shows the folder. No browsing history shows when visiting websites. Any suggestions?

Update: I solved the issue with a recent system image backup.

Thema:

Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes

1. Windows shows two different Temporary files folder sizes - Similar Threads - shows different Temporary

2. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  3. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  4. Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!: Dear Microsoft community, I am facing a problem related to windows. Actually there are 2 Folders in C drive named windows, but they have different sizes and Whenever I try to rename either one of them, It says access denied. Please help me fix it, Screenshots are given below....
  5. Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!

Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!: Dear Microsoft community, I am facing a problem related to windows. Actually there are 2 Folders in C drive named windows, but they have different sizes and Whenever I try to rename either one of them, It says access denied. Please help me fix it, Screenshots are given below....
  6. Two Similar Windows folders with different sizes. Please help me!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two same folders have different "Size on Disk" ?: I have two identical folders on two separate USB HDDsI copied the folder from hdd1 to hdd2, when I look at their properties , their "size" is the same....but they have a different "size on disk" .... did the files in the folder get corrupted during the transfer ? should I...
  8. Show file & folder sizes on HDD

Show file & folder sizes on HDD: I have used the app simply called SCANNER by Steffen Gerlach ver2.10 free of cost. If it is given the enormous time it needs to scan a HDD it very nicely displays the distribution of Files / Folders all round the disk. As below: If too many apps are running, eg., FireFox x3,...
  9. The difference between Temporary files

The difference between Temporary files: Hello, Temporary Files recognized that C drive has 1.05 GB files. When I'm going to delete these files, Show these files are only 150MB. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size

Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size: Need Help, Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size. Its very difficult to identify big size folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-file-explorer-not-showing-folder-size/7b31df8a-3fe7-41d2-97c9-d5cfb6c93cf1"