Windows 10: Windows shows wrong volume level for Back Panel output

Discus and support Windows shows wrong volume level for Back Panel output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For a while now, Windows would show the wrong volume levels when I change it through my keyboard volume +- keys. What has happened before is the level... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Allen42B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Allen42B Win User

Windows shows wrong volume level for Back Panel output

For a while now, Windows would show the wrong volume levels when I change it through my keyboard volume +- keys. What has happened before is the level display in the top left corner would lag behind by a level. My keyboard controls it in increments of 2, so if I go all the way down to mute it would display 2%, and if I unmute it would say muted. Now it shows it at either 50 or 100. Mousing over the taskbar icon show it to be stuck on 6%. The only true indicator is the settings page. This only seems to happen on the Back Panel output which I use for surround sound. Audio from other sources display correctly, such as my headset or graphics card to my TV. The audio itself works fine, but seeing the wrong level displayed is annoying. It used to be occasional, but now seems permanent. I have included a screenshot that perfectly highlights the dilemma. I have tried checking for driver updates, but am not sure if that is the issue. Thank you for any help.

Windows shows wrong volume level for Back Panel output 09434768-49e5-4c92-9930-3add4c20f199?upload=true.png

:)

Allen42B, Sep 2, 2019

2. 5800 Volume Level

Hi,

I recently bought nokia 5800. I use Bose on ear headphones for my device. The volume level is too low when compared to ipod or iphone. I would like to increase the volume output level of my phone. Can anyone help me or suggest a suitable software for it.
    If it is not possible i have no route other than selling it. Please help.

I did try to find some music player but it didnt workout well. Help me to solve this issue.

amirthamgopi, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Windows shows wrong volume level for Back Panel output

No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Hi Trawel,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

The option for brightness and volume indicator will automatically show on the Windows graphical user interface.

If you face the issue with volume and brightness indicator settings, it may have caused because you are using the ASUS system utilities. I suggest you to open the ASUS system utilities and disable the volume and brightness
    indicator and any other Windows related functionality. It is better to disable the ASUS system utility temporarily and check if it is the cause to the issue.

Please be informed that Microsoft has changed level for volume to show as
    horizontal level bar not as vertical bar in Windows 10. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear.
    I hope the above information helps.

Kindly try the below steps to repair any corrupted files of Windows components and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      command prompt (admin).

• Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter key.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows shows wrong volume level for Back Panel output

1. Windows shows wrong volume level for Back Panel output - Similar Threads - shows wrong volume

2. actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    actual volume level not updating correctly with volume control level: i am using a logitech G560, can view the issue here, in the video i used the mouse, a volume dial on my keyboard and normal +- controls, ive updated all relevant drivers, ive reseted my settings, the only workaround is muting and un-umuting which only then fix it for that...
  3. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  4. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level: Been having this issue for a couple of months now and across two different workstations on Windows 10. I've seen a few posts similar to mine, but none have had a solution. In short, when I start a call/meeting in MS Teams, Webex, Zoom, etc.., the volume 'session' for that...
  5. Individual App volume level is overwriting the Master volume level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. No Microphone Levels Showing in Output Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Microphone Levels Showing in Output Windows 11: Hello everyone,I've had an issue related to seeing the "Microphone" under "Levels" when looking at my headset settings. On my home computer still Windows 10 I was able to manipulate the microphone volume in the Playback settings, which allowed me to have some mic monitoring...
  7. No Microphone Levels Showing in Output Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Microphone Levels Showing in Output Windows 11: Hello everyone,I've had an issue related to seeing the "Microphone" under "Levels" when looking at my headset settings. On my home computer still Windows 10 I was able to manipulate the microphone volume in the Playback settings, which allowed me to have some mic monitoring...
  8. volume levels

volume levels: hey, I have a new laptop asus zenbook with windows 10. whenever I unplug my headphones and then plug them back it resets my volume level to 100%. in my previous laptop also windows 10 it would remember my volume level let's say 50%. How do I fix it so it will remember my...
  9. Volume Levels

Volume Levels: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop but upon arrival I have noticed a problem with the sound. If I increase or decrease the volume level it does not change the actual volume coming from the speakers, the only time it changes is when it is turned to mute. I have tried...
  10. Recalibrate Volume Level

Recalibrate Volume Level: My Dell has always had an extremely high volume level with the volume meter at only 50%. When I'm listening to Pandora, I have to keep the Windows volume control at 25-30% and the Pandora volume control at 25-30%. Is there a way to reset/recalibrate the control so that the...