Windows 10: Windows Shut down message to USB port

Discus and support Windows Shut down message to USB port in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'd like to be able to inform a USB device from a PC, laptop or Surface when the user performed a Windows shut down. The USB device does not use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sarira, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Sarira Win User

Windows Shut down message to USB port

I'd like to be able to inform a USB device from a PC, laptop or Surface when the user performed a Windows shut down. The USB device does not use the power from the USB port that it is attached too and has it's own power supply. So the5v power form the USB port does not help in this case. I'd like to know when the PC that the device is attached to is going t to power down. Is there any messages that can be send to USB port to let the USB devices know that Windows is shutting down?

:)

Sarira, Jan 31, 2022

2. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 31, 2022
  3. spapakons Win User
    USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Windows Shut down message to USB port [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 31, 2022
  4. Windows Shut down message to USB port

non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

Windows Shut down message to USB port

1. Windows Shut down message to USB port - Similar Threads - Shut down message

2. Windows Shut down message to USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Shut down message to USB port: I'd like to be able to inform a USB device from a PC, laptop or Surface when the user performed a Windows shut down. The USB device does not use the power from the USB port that it is attached too and has it's own power supply. So the5v power form the USB port does not help...
  3. Windows Shut down message to USB port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Shut down message to USB port: I'd like to be able to inform a USB device from a PC, laptop or Surface when the user performed a Windows shut down. The USB device does not use the power from the USB port that it is attached too and has it's own power supply. So the5v power form the USB port does not help...
  4. USB ports stopped working, cannot restart or shut down, and cannot reinstall Windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports stopped working, cannot restart or shut down, and cannot reinstall Windows.: I run Windows 10 on a custom pcSo my problems started when I accidentally hit "update and restart" instead of "shut down" after I was done using my pc. No problem. I would just wait for the update and reboot, and then shut it down. First Problem: Upon restarting, I was unable...
  5. Some USB ports not working and issues shutting down.

Some USB ports not working and issues shutting down.: I tried to build a PC and im left with 2 working USB 3.1 Gen 2 sockets. Red USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Code 10 So i have 4 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Blue and 2 USB 2.0 Black ports not working at back panel. 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Blue Ports in the front IO also not working. Also when...
  6. Problem with shut down/restart and USB ports

Problem with shut down/restart and USB ports: When I try to shut down or restart my PC the screen goes black and the PC keeps running. Also all the USB ports except for one don't seem to work, when I plug a mouse or keyboard their light turn on but quickly turns off and cannot be used. When I go in devices the USB xHCI...
  7. Network Adapter / USB Ports Shutting Down After Boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter / USB Ports Shutting Down After Boot: Hello friends, My motherboard-integrated Wi-Fi adapter Broadcom 802.11ac has been severely malfunctioning. Code 10, Code 12, not enough resources, device not installed, device disconnected, and then every now and then, it works perfectly before abruptly stopping. I've...
  8. USB Ports keep shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Ports keep shutting down: Hello, I've been having this issue recently where I will be playing a vr game and out of the blue my pc will just disconnect all of my usb ports, making me have to stop playing vr and wait 15 seconds to 2 minutes for my keyboard and mouse to register again. I have done...
  9. USB 3.1 port remains powered after shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB 3.1 port remains powered after shutting down: My laptop has two 3.0 ports and one 3.1 port Brand: HP Model: cx0140tx I usually use first 2 ports 3.0 for keyboard and mouse, recently i brought a gaming rgb mouse and was connected to 3.1 port. After shutting down mouse remained powered on, i tried plugging it out...
  10. Windows 10 shuts down with message

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shuts down with message: On my laptop, for some reason, at a completely random time, a window that looks like some sort of coding screen (completely black with text being typed in). A quick message pops up in it, with the only thing I can catch before it disappears is something about 32 and shutting...