Windows 10: Windows shut down on boot

Discus and support Windows shut down on boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 dual boot with Ubuntu 18.x, and every first boot I make when I select windows my pc shuts down. Then when I boot again, it runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CrowleyND, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Windows shut down on boot

I have Windows 10 dual boot with Ubuntu 18.x, and every first boot I make when I select windows my pc shuts down.
    Then when I boot again, it runs normally.
    I have a Dell Vostro 3460 notebook, my battery is almost dead, but it still holds around 1 - 2 minutes without the charger.

This problem started a couple days ago and I don't know what is going on. I don't remember installing any updates neither programs.

Thanks in advantage

submitted by /u/CrowleyND
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CrowleyND, Jan 11, 2020
  2. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Jan 11, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Windows shut down on boot

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows shut down on boot

1. Windows shut down on boot - Similar Threads - shut down boot

2. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots: Hi everyone,I've got an ASUS Vivobook running Windows 10 acting in a way I've never seen before and it just started out of the blue. As soon as it finishes booting it skips right to the login screen and says "Restarting..." and spins infinitely until I push not hold the power...
  3. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots: Hi everyone,I've got an ASUS Vivobook running Windows 10 acting in a way I've never seen before and it just started out of the blue. As soon as it finishes booting it skips right to the login screen and says "Restarting..." and spins infinitely until I push not hold the power...
  4. Windows instantly shuts down as soon as it boots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  6. windows was not properly shut down on every boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows was not properly shut down on every boot: I recently built a new PC with the following parts:Ryzen 9 7900x Asus TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 Ram 6000 mhz MSI RTX 3090 2TB Samsung 980 PRO New Windows 10 pro install Corsair 1000 PSUDrivers, bios and Windows 10 are up-to-date, but every day I...
  7. windows was not properly shut down on every boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows was not properly shut down on every boot: I recently built a new PC with the following parts:Ryzen 9 7900x Asus TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 Ram 6000 mhz MSI RTX 3090 2TB Samsung 980 PRO New Windows 10 pro install Corsair 1000 PSUDrivers, bios and Windows 10 are up-to-date, but every day I...
  8. windows was not properly shut down on every boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Hard shut down during boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard shut down during boot: I booted my computer, and it just stucks at one of a directory. So I did a hard shut down and when I start my computer again. It leads me to automatic repair, it says my computer didn't start correctly and I try resolving it. Until now, I still can't find a way to fix my...
  10. Will not Boot after problems with shutting down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will not Boot after problems with shutting down.: Lenovo IdeaPad 710S-13ISK i5-6200U Windows 10 Used it on a normal day then all of a sudden it won't shut down. Kept going straight to lock screen. Nothing i tried would shut it down. Except long pressing the power key. Next time i boot the computer it doesn't get to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows dual boot grub shuts down mac