Windows 10: Windows shutdown but pc still on.

Discus and support Windows shutdown but pc still on. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently, I shut down my windows and then my pc stays on the fans, the lights and more. I have tried so many options on google but nothing helped. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ValentinoMollenOchoa, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Windows shutdown but pc still on.

Recently, I shut down my windows and then my pc stays on the fans, the lights and more. I have tried so many options on google but nothing helped. For example, I tried: Fast Startup option is turned off, ran the powrcfg.exe / hibernate off the option to turn off hibernation. I had this for like 4 months already and I don't know what to do.Right now the workaround is to hold down the power button until the computer shuts down. Any additional help would be appreciated to fix this issue.

:)

ValentinoMollenOchoa, Jun 9, 2021
  2. R-T-B Win User

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Jun 9, 2021
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Windows shutdown but pc still on.

little cat, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows shutdown but pc still on.

1. Windows shutdown but pc still on. - Similar Threads - shutdown still

2. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running: I have a 10 year old HP Desktop that was already running Windows 10 on a standard HDD thanks to the free upgrade from Windows 7 that I took advantage of a few years ago. I purchased a SATA SSD to help improve the performance of the system, and did a clean install on the SSD...
  3. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running: I have a 10 year old HP Desktop that was already running Windows 10 on a standard HDD thanks to the free upgrade from Windows 7 that I took advantage of a few years ago. I purchased a SATA SSD to help improve the performance of the system, and did a clean install on the SSD...
  4. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via...: When im playing heavy games like RDR2, COD, M&B Bannerlord, after about 45 min to an hour my pc freezes completely, by this I mean the sound turns off, the monitor goes to sleep, the peripherals are still on but don't work and i have to press the power button.If I check the...
  6. PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via...

PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via...: When im playing heavy games like RDR2, COD, M&B Bannerlord, after about 45 min to an hour my pc freezes completely, by this I mean the sound turns off, the monitor goes to sleep, the peripherals are still on but don't work and i have to press the power button.If I check the...
  7. Why is my RGB mouse still on after shutdown?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my RGB mouse still on after shutdown?: Hi- My RGB lights on my mouse won’t turn off even after shutdown. It has only started happening recently - my mouse never did this before. When i turned my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5i, 14”,7 off yesterday, my mouse’s Glorious Model D RGB lights wouldn’t turn off and it was...
  8. Why is my RGB mouse still on after shutdown?

Why is my RGB mouse still on after shutdown?: Hi- My RGB lights on my mouse won’t turn off even after shutdown. It has only started happening recently - my mouse never did this before. When i turned my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5i, 14”,7 off yesterday, my mouse’s Glorious Model D RGB lights wouldn’t turn off and it was...
  9. PC still on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC still on after shutdown: PC is still on after shutting down power lights on and fans still running this only just started happening a day after I got a new keyboard, I am not sure if that is what is affecting it but my pc fully shutdown last night when I was using my new keyboard. Everything is up to...
  10. PC still on after shutdown

PC still on after shutdown: PC is still on after shutting down power lights on and fans still running this only just started happening a day after I got a new keyboard, I am not sure if that is what is affecting it but my pc fully shutdown last night when I was using my new keyboard. Everything is up to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows shutdown but PC still on