Windows 10: Windows shutdown but pc still on.

Discus and support Windows shutdown but pc still on. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently, I shut down my windows and then my pc stays on the fans, the lights and more. I have tried so many options on google but nothing helped. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ValentinoMollenOchoa, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Windows shutdown but pc still on.

Recently, I shut down my windows and then my pc stays on the fans, the lights and more. I have tried so many options on google but nothing helped. For example, I tried: Fast Startup option is turned off, ran the powrcfg.exe / hibernate off the option to turn off hibernation. I had this for like 4 months already and I don't know what to do.Right now the workaround is to hold down the power button until the computer shuts down. Any additional help would be appreciated to fix this issue.

:)

ValentinoMollenOchoa, Jun 9, 2021
  2. R-T-B Win User

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Jun 9, 2021
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Windows shutdown but pc still on.

little cat, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows shutdown but pc still on.

1. Windows shutdown but pc still on. - Similar Threads - shutdown still

2. I am still seeing the options to update and shutdown and update and restart even after...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am still seeing the options to update and shutdown and update and restart even after...: Today 9th 10th may 3 or 10:00 a.m. banaya received the update of windows 10 21 date I immediately updated that in mind for mistake ever I think I should have installed this because my PC has finished installing this update my PC was updated and shutdown when I turn it on and...
  3. Components still running after shutdown in Dell Inspirion 14 3467

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Components still running after shutdown in Dell Inspirion 14 3467: Hi all,I am seriously in a dilemma for a whole month. My laptop, Dell Inspirion 14 3467 with Windows 10 is behaving very abnormally. The main issue I'm facing is that I can still hear some components inside my laptop even after the shutdown. Here are a few incidents that I'd...
  4. USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown: I've seen other people have this problem, and the solutions either didn't help or seemed to be wrong. This didn't use to happen, it randomly seems that when I press a button on both my wired keyboard or mouse, their lights turn on, when the system has been shut down. I...
  5. Shutdown but power button still lights up for a few mins then it's off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown but power button still lights up for a few mins then it's off: So recently, I've found out that my power button still lights up after shutting down. The thing is that it lights up for a few minutes then it's fully shutdown. I've tried the parts where you go into your power options and turning off the fast startup already but still no...
  6. Windows Doesn't fully shutdown when i ask it to / WIndows 10 Shutdown But PC Is Still On

Windows Doesn't fully shutdown when i ask it to / WIndows 10 Shutdown But PC Is Still On: Hello, I basically need help with my windows, It wouldn't shut down using the start menu power options, Does somebody have a fix for this? Thanks....
  7. Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if i put my laptop sleep mode it...

Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if i put my laptop sleep mode it...: Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if I put my laptop sleep mode it doesn't get wake... i Ever since I have reinstalled windows 10 I am having this problem that my power button remains on after I shutdown my laptop. I have unchecked fast startup option in...
  8. My laptop battery is nearly dead so why does Windows 10 still try to update when I shutdown...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop battery is nearly dead so why does Windows 10 still try to update when I shutdown...: I thought it used to be smarter than that. No? I seriously regret the day I replaced my old MacBook with a windows laptop because it’s cheaper... submitted by /u/LandarCorp [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 won't shutdown and I get that an app is still running but I don't know what...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't shutdown and I get that an app is still running but I don't know what...: The application that is preventing shutdown is not a normal application that I have heard of "GRID_TITLE_[EF25BC85-FF67-4416-8ADF-E70FB1B75D31} This app is preventing shutdown. " Because of this error I cannot update because it needs to reboot Brian...
  10. Programs still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs still running after shutdown: Hi i bought a new Laptop :(Acer Nitro 5) and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still running I tried this solution: Open start, type: CMD Right click CMD Click Run as administrator At the command...