Windows 10: Windows Shutdown doesnt turn my laptop off.

Discus and support Windows Shutdown doesnt turn my laptop off. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I perform a shutdown it turns off windows but not my laptop. I know its not my laptop because when I boot linux and shutdown it turns off my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jayden MagicCrayon9342, May 17, 2020.

1. Windows Shutdown doesnt turn my laptop off.

When I perform a shutdown it turns off windows but not my laptop. I know its not my laptop because when I boot linux and shutdown it turns off my laptop.

:)

Jayden MagicCrayon9342, May 17, 2020
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, May 17, 2020
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, May 17, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows Shutdown doesnt turn my laptop off.

HELP : Laptop Charges when Turned off only. Does not charges when Turned on.

Follow these Steps to rectify this issue

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery.
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop.
    • Control Panel - Device Manager.
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall.
    • Shutdown.
    • Disconnect Power Supply.
    • Insert battery.
    • Connect Power Supply.
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Shutdown doesnt turn my laptop off.

1. Windows Shutdown doesnt turn my laptop off. - Similar Threads - Shutdown doesnt turn

2. Bluetooth is not turning off when I shutdown my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is not turning off when I shutdown my laptop.: I'm using a lenovo ideapad 3 with Win 11. I'm also using a bluetooth headphones with my phone and laptop. I know that when the headphones are connected to any device you cannot connect with them on others. My problem is that after I shutdown my laptop, the bluetooth...
  3. Bluetooth is not turning off when I shutdown my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is not turning off when I shutdown my laptop.: I'm using a lenovo ideapad 3 with Win 11. I'm also using a bluetooth headphones with my phone and laptop. I know that when the headphones are connected to any device you cannot connect with them on others. My problem is that after I shutdown my laptop, the bluetooth...
  4. Hello why doesnt my focus doesnt ever turn off?

Hello why doesnt my focus doesnt ever turn off?: Focus never turns off, It automatically turns on. Also i have notifications turned off every single one of them checked i still get notifications....
  5. my aeroplane mode doesnt turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my aeroplane mode doesnt turn off: my aeroplane mode doesnt turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-aeroplane-mode-doesnt-turn-off/a9b81bca-90a4-4375-b05c-75c367f15784
  6. my aeroplane mode doesnt turn off

my aeroplane mode doesnt turn off: my aeroplane mode doesnt turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-aeroplane-mode-doesnt-turn-off/a9b81bca-90a4-4375-b05c-75c367f15784
  7. my aeroplane mode doesnt turn off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?: I already change it all to never. but everytime i left my laptop maybe in 3-4 hours, it always auto shutdown. Can somebody help?i already try command prompt "shutdown -a" and nothing changei used to download something and i left my laptop.. but this is very annoying. Please...
  9. My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?: I already change it all to never. but everytime i left my laptop maybe in 3-4 hours, it always auto shutdown. Can somebody help?i already try command prompt "shutdown -a" and nothing changei used to download something and i left my laptop.. but this is very annoying. Please...
  10. My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?