Windows 10: Windows shutdown error msg--need help identifying cause

Discus and support Windows shutdown error msg--need help identifying cause in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am getting a shutdown error as shown in the attached screenshot. While it references Explorer.exe, I think another program is the root cause because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JerryMeeker, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Windows shutdown error msg--need help identifying cause

I am getting a shutdown error as shown in the attached screenshot. While it references Explorer.exe, I think another program is the root cause because the shutdown error only happens if the other program has been used during the current session. Can someone provide a tip on how to research the cause of the error? I have tried filtering the Windows log files for shutdown errors, but cannot find any entries matching the screenshot.

Windows shutdown error msg--need help identifying cause a7b85b24-2919-4c04-8731-8d9d913c7dfd?upload=true.png

:)

JerryMeeker, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Sigurd Win User

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, Dec 21, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 21, 2019
  4. adulaamin Win User

Windows shutdown error msg--need help identifying cause

S.M.A.R.T. Error on boot

OK so I did what TRWOW suggested and it still didn't work. I decided to reflash the BIOS with the HDD with errors unplugged. After flashing it again, I shutdown the PC and plugged the HDD back again and voila, no errors. I shutdown the PC after a few minutes and turned it on again and no more S.M.A.R.T. Errors. Thank you all for the help! *Respect :respect: *Toast :toast:

adulaamin, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows shutdown error msg--need help identifying cause

1. Windows shutdown error msg--need help identifying cause - Similar Threads - shutdown error msg

2. Need help on identifying the cause of BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help on identifying the cause of BSOD: HelloI've been having this BSOD issue for 3 weeks now and still can't figure out what's causing it.I already bought brand new RAM for this cuz I thought it was the RAM after testing some of my parts using my friend's PC.I attached the latest BSOD log, I'm not sure how to...
  3. Need help on identifying the cause of BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on identifying the cause of BSOD: HelloI've been having this BSOD issue for 3 weeks now and still can't figure out what's causing it.I already bought brand new RAM for this cuz I thought it was the RAM after testing some of my parts using my friend's PC.I attached the latest BSOD log, I'm not sure how to...
  4. Need help on identifying the cause of BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need Help identifying what cause this BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need Help identifying what cause this BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25136.1001 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\081122-8406-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is: srv*Executable...
  6. I need Help identifying what cause this BSOD

I need Help identifying what cause this BSOD: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25136.1001 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\081122-8406-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is: srv*Executable...
  7. Help identifying DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help identifying DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE cause: Hello,I've been having some BSOD issues for a while now on my laptop Asus ROG G771JMC, running Windows 8.1. They're seemingly at random and the reason listed is always DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE . I haven't been able to identify the cause, and I'd like to try and prevent them...
  8. Help identifying DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE cause

Help identifying DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE cause: Hello,I've been having some BSOD issues for a while now on my laptop Asus ROG G771JMC, running Windows 8.1. They're seemingly at random and the reason listed is always DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE . I haven't been able to identify the cause, and I'd like to try and prevent them...
  9. How to identify unexpected shutdown causes

How to identify unexpected shutdown causes: My brand new lenovo sporadically shuts down at some point after working hours. This happens every 2-3 days, and I can't find any pattern. How do I identify the shutdown causes? I found this Critical entry in the event logs, but I'm not sure what to make of it? - <Event...
  10. Need help identifying cause of BSOD. Information available.

Need help identifying cause of BSOD. Information available.: Hello there, I've encountered a BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and would like to know the cause of it. I have the the dump information available to share if anyone could spare some time to have a look please? Kind Regards,...