Windows 10: windows shutdown sound

Discus and support windows shutdown sound in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hello I've tried the following steps in this video using Task Scheduler so when windows when shutdown would have a certain sound, but it doesn't work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by miss.nouf, Feb 19, 2021.

1. miss.nouf Win User

windows shutdown sound

hello I've tried the following steps in this video using Task Scheduler so when windows when shutdown would have a certain sound, but it doesn't work for some reason

I don't know if the steps in the video would allow me to change the sound to a costum sound of my liking. please help! and thank you!

These 2 methods work 100%: SHUTTING DOWN SOUND - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKg3q2KXo7sSTARTING UP SOUND Follow Option 2 - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/94884-how-play-sound-logon-sign-windows-10-a.htmlIt's all about tweaking in 'Windows Task Scheduler'. Pay attention to whether the 2 tasks need to be either in 'running' or 'ready' status in Task Scheduler- just right click the task and switch between the 2 options for both the log on task and log off task until you get the right one, by selecting the option in Task Scheduler then coming out and shutting down the PC and starting up again.You don't need to mess with 'Sounds' or go into 'The Registry'; and definitely don't run any unknown downloadable .exe or .bat files from anywhere. The methods above are not that difficult to follow. You can also download and convert any sound you want into .WAV format, save that file to the C:\Windows\Media folder, and alter this following command in the instructions of both methods: -c New-Object Media.SoundPlayer 'C:\Windows\Media\Windows Logoff Sound.wav'.PlaySync;to replace the part 'Windows Logoff Sound.wav' to your own .WAV file you have pasted into the 'Windows\Media' folder, eg. ..'C:\Windows\Media\Windows 98 Startup.wav'..

:)

miss.nouf, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

windows shutdown sound

1. windows shutdown sound - Similar Threads - shutdown sound

2. Changing shutdown sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing shutdown sound: yall I tried everything to change the shutdown sound and it doesn't work , there's no sound when it shuts did they the remove it completely ? submitted by /u/lil_star_666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lncr2e/changing_shutdown_sound/
  3. Bluetooth headset is connected, but have no sound after shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset is connected, but have no sound after shutdown: I am currently trying to fix this issue with my friend, but we are now stuck and don't know what to do. Our teacher uses a Bluetooth headset for her everyday tasks. It ran smoothly without problems, but after some time, her hard disk is found to be having a bad sector. It...
  4. Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly: Hey all, I'm not really sure where on these forums to ask this question, but I need a bit of help. Is anyone here familiar with Winaero Tweaker? I recently discovered this utility and found that there is an option to set a custom startup sound for Windows 10 (version 1909)....
  5. Custom Startup/Shutdown Sound on Windows 10 without using Third Party Applications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Startup/Shutdown Sound on Windows 10 without using Third Party Applications?: Could I make it so I can play the Windows XP Startup/Shutdown Sound without using Third-Party applications such as Windows Startup Changer or something like that? Thanks. submitted by /u/calebized [link] [comments]...
  6. Sound decreases after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound decreases after shutdown: Hi, I have a question about a minor issue with a new Windows 10 laptop that I bought last month. If I turn my volume to say 20 then restart or shutdown the laptop, the volume is always 1 less than what it was. So 20 would be 19 or 30 would be 29. Like I say it's a minor...
  7. Laptop randomly shutdown with beep sound and charging indicator problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly shutdown with beep sound and charging indicator problem.: Hey, In few days my laptop is randomly shuts down with beep sound. It also have a battery indicater problem its turning contiously white and orange again and again, when it turns white is not charging then turns orange it's start charging. I also tried battery removal...
  8. My PC freezes and a buzzing sound comes from speakers, also cannot be force shutdown?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC freezes and a buzzing sound comes from speakers, also cannot be force shutdown?: Today I had turned on my PC but its had frozen after I logged on, there was a high pitched buzz noise coming from my speakers. I tried to hold down my power button, but it wouldn't turn off. What should I do?...
  9. Windows 10 Shutdown sound.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Shutdown sound.: Has anyone found a solution to the shutdown sound for windows 10? Tried all the various methods, registry hacks, Task scheduler. Can get the sound to play in the sounds but not on shutdown tried looking for a third-party app with a shutdown and sound effect but nothing....
  10. How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to play a sound when you shut down or lock Windows 10 computer, then this article will show you how to do […] This article How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...