Windows 10: Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

Discus and support Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This issue's surfaced for me since this morning. Whenever I put Windows to sleep, either manually or closing my lid, it shuts down the instant I start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FunkDoc1112, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

This issue's surfaced for me since this morning. Whenever I put Windows to sleep, either manually or closing my lid, it shuts down the instant I start it back up. How do I figure out the cause of this and how to fix it?

:)

FunkDoc1112, Jul 31, 2015
  2. ReddyVR Win User

After the latest update (to version 1709), computer shuts down when trying to wake it from sleep mode.

After updating to windows version 1709, every morning when I try to wake the computer (DELL XPS desktop) from sleep mode it shuts down.

When I get to the computer in the morning, I can see that it is in sleep mode(the power button is lit and the computer is totally quiet) and when I move the mouse or type to wake it up, the computer looks like it is waking up (can hear the fan rev up), but
    it shuts down instead.

Thanks

Reddy

ReddyVR, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Wakeup from sleep still uncontrollable (Windows 10, 64-bit)

Of course it won't wake up when you shut it down. Shutting a PC down means totally killing all processes. That's what sleep mode is for, and that's why the PC will only wake up when on sleep mode.

After all you can't wake a dead person, can you? same goes for computers.

41b7e499-3b9f-4586-8870-39e442f06dde, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

I've been facing the same issue since last week. I put it to sleep and when I click the mouse or press any key on the keyboard, my desktop wakes up, fans spin, lights go on and, suddenly, the system turns off. Turning the system on again loads the Windows from as if I've had it shut down.

What anti-virus do you have in your system? Have you found any solution?

alexandrebr, Sep 1, 2015
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Set your power options back to defaults, post your results.

AddRAM, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Indeed I don't think that is really going to work. The issue happens randomly. I've tested my system with another PSU but it still happened ramdomly. I've uninstalled Kaspersky 2016 (installed 2 days before issue begins) using kavremover as I thought it could be the cause but, also, the problem still happens sometimes.

What seems strange is that after not waking up completely, the system starts flawlessly. I continue playing battlefield 4 as well.

If it's interesting to quote, here are my system specs:

I5 3570K
    Asrock Extreme4
    2x4GB G.Skill 1600
    Intel 730 SSD 240GB
    Samsung 1TB
    Seagate 1TB
    Sapphire R9 270X
    Seventeam ST-750EAJ 750W (more than 5 years old)

alexandrebr, Sep 1, 2015
  7. I haven't really fixed it as much as I've noticed a pattern - if I turn Windows on after it shuts down when I wake it up, it won't be able to go to sleep. Instead the screen will go black but the computer will have to keep running. If I restart my computer for any reason, it'll turn off after I wake it up. However, if I shut down my computer normally and then boot it up manually, it'll work perfectly fine and I have no issues when closing my lid and putting it to sleep.

FunkDoc1112, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

1. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - shuts down waking

2. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode: that happend the last months i geuss and i restarted it works good but today i try to wake it up the lock screen appeared then suddenly it shuteddown and all the data are lost...
  3. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode: that happend the last months i geuss and i restarted it works good but today i try to wake it up the lock screen appeared then suddenly it shuteddown and all the data are lost...
  4. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down: Whenever I put my pc to sleep it shut down for a second and than immediately something clicks and then it turns back on. I tried the command--powercfg -lastwake-- in cmd and it says amd usb 3.10 extensible host controller - 1.10 microsoft this wakes it up...
  6. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down: Whenever I put my pc to sleep it shut down for a second and than immediately something clicks and then it turns back on. I tried the command--powercfg -lastwake-- in cmd and it says amd usb 3.10 extensible host controller - 1.10 microsoft this wakes it up...
  7. Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep

Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep: I have a laptop, built for me, running windows 10. This issue comes and goes, but it has happened five or six times in the last three days. After sleeping the laptop, upon waking opening the lid the fan whirs and then the whole machine shuts down. Usually it is fine after...
  8. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode: Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running...
  9. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This problem happened for me last week but after a system restore it was seemingly fixed. After having to restart my computer again however, it's come back: every time I put Windows in sleep mode and turn it back on, it instantly shuts off. Not even a blue screen, it just...
  10. Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down: As the title says, when I put the laptop to sleep it boots up right away, when I do a full shut down, it turns off, boots up after 2 seconds, fails while making a strange sound, then boots up again normally This has been bothering me for three weeks now, I have looked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc shuts down after waking up from sleep windows 10

2. pc shuts down after waking up from sleep