Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

Discus and support Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This issue's surfaced for me since this morning. Whenever I put Windows to sleep, either manually or closing my lid, it shuts down the instant I start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FunkDoc1112, Jul 31, 2015.

1. FunkDoc1112 Win User

This issue's surfaced for me since this morning. Whenever I put Windows to sleep, either manually or closing my lid, it shuts down the instant I start it back up. How do I figure out the cause of this and how to fix it?

:)

FunkDoc1112, Jul 31, 2015
  2. ReddyVR Win User

After the latest update (to version 1709), computer shuts down when trying to wake it from sleep mode.

After updating to windows version 1709, every morning when I try to wake the computer (DELL XPS desktop) from sleep mode it shuts down.

When I get to the computer in the morning, I can see that it is in sleep mode(the power button is lit and the computer is totally quiet) and when I move the mouse or type to wake it up, the computer looks like it is waking up (can hear the fan rev up), but
    it shuts down instead.

Thanks

Reddy

ReddyVR, Jul 31, 2015
  3. 41b7e499-3b9f-4586-8870-39e442f06dde Win User
    Wakeup from sleep still uncontrollable (Windows 10, 64-bit)

Of course it won't wake up when you shut it down. Shutting a PC down means totally killing all processes. That's what sleep mode is for, and that's why the PC will only wake up when on sleep mode.

After all you can't wake a dead person, can you? same goes for computers.

41b7e499-3b9f-4586-8870-39e442f06dde, Jul 31, 2015
  4. alexandrebr Win User

I've been facing the same issue since last week. I put it to sleep and when I click the mouse or press any key on the keyboard, my desktop wakes up, fans spin, lights go on and, suddenly, the system turns off. Turning the system on again loads the Windows from as if I've had it shut down.

What anti-virus do you have in your system? Have you found any solution?

alexandrebr, Sep 1, 2015
  5. AddRAM Win User
    Set your power options back to defaults, post your results.

AddRAM, Sep 1, 2015
  6. alexandrebr Win User
    Indeed I don't think that is really going to work. The issue happens randomly. I've tested my system with another PSU but it still happened ramdomly. I've uninstalled Kaspersky 2016 (installed 2 days before issue begins) using kavremover as I thought it could be the cause but, also, the problem still happens sometimes.

What seems strange is that after not waking up completely, the system starts flawlessly. I continue playing battlefield 4 as well.

If it's interesting to quote, here are my system specs:

I5 3570K
    Asrock Extreme4
    2x4GB G.Skill 1600
    Intel 730 SSD 240GB
    Samsung 1TB
    Seagate 1TB
    Sapphire R9 270X
    Seventeam ST-750EAJ 750W (more than 5 years old)

alexandrebr, Sep 1, 2015
  7. FunkDoc1112 Win User
    I haven't really fixed it as much as I've noticed a pattern - if I turn Windows on after it shuts down when I wake it up, it won't be able to go to sleep. Instead the screen will go black but the computer will have to keep running. If I restart my computer for any reason, it'll turn off after I wake it up. However, if I shut down my computer normally and then boot it up manually, it'll work perfectly fine and I have no issues when closing my lid and putting it to sleep.

FunkDoc1112, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - shuts down waking

2. Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of Windows Explorer: Opened up task manager and saw that in the Processes tab, there were 41 instances of Windows Explorer running. I open WE frequently but only one or two at the same time and didn't have any open at that time. And it's not just a temporary thing, I have been checking...
  3. windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update: Windows 10(Enterprise) windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update it's a desktop computer; and remote users connect to via remote desktop; however, every time after received Microsoft update, the system will stuck at "Restarting..." for...
  4. Laptop wont update after switching off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop wont update after switching off.: So I was updating to Windows 10 1803, when my laptop ran out of charge, I didn't realize it wasn't plugged in. The error code is 0xc1900101, which means there has been a rollback. When I click Check for updates in Updates and Security, I just get error code 0x80096004. Help?...
  5. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7

WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7: I am trying to update windows 10-1709 to Windows 10-1803. I am connected to the internet, but it returns with the following error: 0X80072EE7 . Please advise. Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  6. DELL 13-7359 Continually Shuts Down Unexpectedly – SOLVED

DELL 13-7359 Continually Shuts Down Unexpectedly – SOLVED: Associated problem: Dell Update continually wants to update IMEI driver. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Remedy: Uninstall QuickSet (from Uninstall programs) -------------------------------------------- All the functions of...
  7. Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...: Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to do it but I'm the admin. My laptop has only one user account and it´s the administrator, and I´ve installed whatsapp using this account, so I don't understand why I don't have the...
  8. Windows 10 will no longer let me print in Color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will no longer let me print in Color: I have tried the control panel > devices & printers > preferences route When I get to preferences, there is no color weather black & white, greyscale (monochrome) or color anywhere to be found!!! I ran a print test on the printer itself and it is working fine color and all....
  9. Roblox Player and Studio not running on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox Player and Studio not running on windows: I run a windows 10 and a windows 7 computer and when I downloaded the programs for ROBLOX and clicked the shortcuts, it said "The item 'RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe' that is this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly." and the...
  10. Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB

Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB: I'am trying to download windows 10 onto a flash drive to put onto another computer. The usb is clear and formatted but I get an error everytime its finished saying that there was a problem running this tool. PLEASE HELP!!!...