Windows 10: windows shuts down for windows updates

Discus and support windows shuts down for windows updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This has happened maybe once a month where when I come in my office in the morning, my computer is shut off. When I start it, it looks like it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LisaShapiro, Jan 24, 2019.

1. windows shuts down for windows updates

This has happened maybe once a month where when I come in my office in the morning, my computer is shut off. When I start it, it looks like it is finishing an update. I checked my settings and they look correct. But maybe I missed something. Is there anything I should look at that I'm not?

Plus, I'm not crazy about the outlook email, sending emails. I wish they didn't change the look. But maybe it was requested. (I know there is nothing you can do about this, I just wanted to complain).

:)

LisaShapiro, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

windows shuts down for windows updates

1. windows shuts down for windows updates - Similar Threads - shuts down updates

2. Windows shuts down before completing update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows shuts down before completing update: As the title states, Windows shuts down before the cumulative updates can finish. It gets to exactly 7% every time before shutting off completely. I've had this computer for about four months and I cannot recall it ever actually completing. The error code I'm getting when...
  3. Shutting down of windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutting down of windows 10: Good evening to you all. Please, what is the short cut for shutting down windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-of-windows-10/3e62ac35-f415-4ff9-be9a-ee7c7eaebd27
  4. Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down

Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down: When I shut-down my laptop (ASUS with Intel Core i5) the screen says that it is loading the update and then is supposed to shut-down the computer. However, it "loads" for as much as an hour with no shut down. Is there a way to make this stop happening? (I have shut down...
  5. Windows Updates when Shutting down

Windows Updates when Shutting down: Hello All I have noticed that for some reason when I start my laptop windows updates occur automatically. Before I could shutdown and then windows would start running updates and installations. Has this feature been changed or totally removed? It just seems to be such a...
  6. Shutting down of Laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutting down of Laptop after windows update: Good Evening, Why is it that every time Windows 10 updates on my laptop, it keeps cutting off until it eventually stops for itself? Technically it doesn't shut down but it goes to sleep. Diandre...
  7. Windows will not shut down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows will not shut down.: It just says this app is preventing shutdown, but no name is given. Anyone know what this problem is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-will-not-shut-down/2ba12602-7c36-43a5-9d70-64bf5008a5b0
  8. Windows 10 shut down after updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 shut down after updating: I've never enjoyed this before, but after Windows 10 updated, it shut down. That's a newbie for me. Is there a simple way for me to reverse that and have the computer simply reboot as before after the update? 101800
  9. windows 10 shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 shut down: windows 10 shuts down but computer will not turn off. Also, windows sucks up lots of memory when playing my FSX game. It stutters. 26025
  10. Windows 10 Shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Shut down: When I go to turn my lap top off I go the icon at the bottom left hand corner and it should go to power options, when I would press 'shut down'. What is happening is a blue box comes up in the middle of the screen stating 'critical Error', will be sorted when laptop is shut...