Windows 10: Windows shuts down screen after 2 minutes irrespective of setting in power options

Discus and support Windows shuts down screen after 2 minutes irrespective of setting in power options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've set screen shutdown time to 10 minutes in my power setting but regardless of this, windows just shut down my screens after 2 minutes of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SourabhMhaisekar, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Windows shuts down screen after 2 minutes irrespective of setting in power options

I've set screen shutdown time to 10 minutes in my power setting but regardless of this, windows just shut down my screens after 2 minutes of inactivity. Anyone knows workaround this

Current Version: Windows 10 Home 1903 Build 18362.449

:)

SourabhMhaisekar, Nov 12, 2019

2. Desktop shuts down independently of power setting

Hi Mario,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you in resolving your issue.

Step 1: Run the power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side of the screen panel.
    • Select Power from the options,
      click on Advanced option and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, change the
    Power and Sleep
    options by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Power & Sleep
      settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select the minutes when to turn the screen off and when to put your PC to sleep from the drop down box.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us if you face further issues, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Power options don't work as set

I upgraded to windows 10 when it first came out. I have a Toshiba satellite t55 purchased about a year ago. I have the power options set to balanced with display shutdown in 10 minutes and sleep in 20 when plugged in. For about a month the settings would
    work as set intermittently, but mostly the screen would go dark in about 60 seconds of inactivity. In the last week or so, it stopped shutting down at all. I've run power troubleshooting and SFC/scannow as suggested in another post without any effect.

Any suggestions?

PaulEllenbogen, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Windows shuts down screen after 2 minutes irrespective of setting in power options

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows shuts down screen after 2 minutes irrespective of setting in power options

1. Windows shuts down screen after 2 minutes irrespective of setting in power options - Similar Threads - shuts down screen

2. Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!: Help!!! You're about to be signed out!!!!Windows will shut down in 1 minute!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-shut-down-in-1-minute/61479a10-0dd4-4e92-afdd-50ea3b7d8bc2
  3. Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!: Help!!! You're about to be signed out!!!!Windows will shut down in 1 minute!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-shut-down-in-1-minute/61479a10-0dd4-4e92-afdd-50ea3b7d8bc2
  4. computer shuts off after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer shuts off after 2 minutes: My computer goes off after 2 minutes , every thing is set to never. Talked with windows and microsoft and they said it needed a new driver and they were helping me to find the new driver but it wasn't were they directed and me while I was looking for the driver the computer...
  5. My laptop keeps shutting down after 2 minutes of use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps shutting down after 2 minutes of use: I have a MSI GF75 Thin 9SC laptop and a week ago, I have upgraded my RAM. Basically now I have 16 GB in total, and yes, they both are the same company with same parameters. I'm usingWindows 10. For a week, I was 3D modeling and playing games even more smoothly than...
  6. Windows shuts down screen after 2 minutes irrespective of setting in power options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows shuts down screen after 2 minutes irrespective of setting in power options: I've set screen shutdown time to 10 minutes in my power setting but regardless of this, windows just shut down my screens after 2 minutes of inactivity. Anyone knows workaround this Current Version: Windows 10 Home 1903 Build 18362.449 submitted by /u/BlueBoxxx [link]...
  7. laptop screen goes black after 1 minute, no settings on windows 10 power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop screen goes black after 1 minute, no settings on windows 10 power options: I have HP Spectre Laptop running windows 10. When I'm reading books on my laptop, after 1 minute, screen gets turned off (goes black), I have to hit a keyboard button for it to come back. Tried updating all the Power Option values below and it doesn't seem to work:...
  8. power on/shut down

power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...
  9. Shut down options after updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down options after updates: [img] I went to shut down my PC last night, after I have downloaded updates via Windows Update, and the shutdown menu came up with both Shutdown and Update and Shutdown. When I shut it down that night, I just clicked shutdown, but it is still here now. I don't want to click...
  10. My Lenovo Tablet 2 shuts down soon after powering it on

My Lenovo Tablet 2 shuts down soon after powering it on: My tablet was on power and the video was playing while downloading windows 10 to upgrade from Windows 8.1. I was out of the office for one one and when I came back I found the tablet is off. On my surprise when I turn it on it starts and I sign in it displays the desktop for...