Windows 10: Windows Shuts down watching some videos.

Discus and support Windows Shuts down watching some videos. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Window 10 PC is shutting down when I watch certain videos. It could be YouTube or and MKV file. I have found one YouTube video that does it when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jspfunk, Aug 4, 2021.

1. jspfunk Win User

Windows Shuts down watching some videos.

My Window 10 PC is shutting down when I watch certain videos. It could be YouTube or and MKV file. I have found one YouTube video that does it when I switch it from HD to 4k, but other than that it could happen on a video once and the next time it will play fine. I set my PC to create a minidump, but it just is not. I don't have a MiniDump folder under C:\windows or even a Memory.dmp file. I don't thank it's creating it, becuase it just shuts off. It does not do a BSOD. The Event View has this message "The previous system shutdown at 7:57:06 AM on ‎8/‎4/

:)

jspfunk, Aug 4, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Problem watching videos

Hi Ara,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue, respond to the questions listed below:

• Were any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue persist on all sites?
    • Do the downloaded videos play fine?

Meanwhile you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click on the video you’re watching.
    • Click on ‘Settings’.
    • On the first tab, make sure ‘Enable hardware acceleration’ box is unchecked.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 4, 2021
  4. PaulaNees Win User

Video on Facebook Watch

I have noticed the problem is not just on Facebook watch, its with other videos on Facebook also.

I did the trouble shooter as you instructed, and Facebook is not listed as a "windows store" app. Not sure what the next step would be.

Paula Nees

PaulaNees, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Shuts down watching some videos. - Similar Threads - Shuts down watching

2. Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen: Hi, I have the issue with a 2018 Acer Swift 3, when i am watching videos on youtube in full screen, it randomly shuts down or hibernates. I've checked event viewer and found this error corresponding to each time it shuts down. More often than not, it happens when the laptop...
  3. Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen: Hi, I have the issue with a 2018 Acer Swift 3, when i am watching videos on youtube in full screen, it randomly shuts down or hibernates. I've checked event viewer and found this error corresponding to each time it shuts down. More often than not, it happens when the laptop...
  4. Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer shut down twice while playing a video game and watching a movie.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shut down twice while playing a video game and watching a movie.: I have an i9-9900KF ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO XI G. SKILL 32GB 4000HMZ Ram Asus Dual 3070 While playing call of duty on one monitor and watching a movie on another monitor the computer completely restarted by its self this is one of the errors i could find. The drivers are...
  6. Computer Shuts Down when Watching YouTube

Computer Shuts Down when Watching YouTube: My PC shuts down when watching YouTube. CPU: Intel Core 2 E7500, RAM: 4.00GB, GPU: Intel G41 Express Chipset, PSU: 450W. I have updated all of my drivers....
  7. Windows computer shuts down when playing or watching videos

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer shuts down when playing or watching videos: [ATTACH]If your Windows computer turns off when streaming videos or watching YouTube – online or offline, then this article might be helpful for you. Your […] This article Windows computer shuts down when playing or watching videos first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  8. POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?: Hi, In the Power Settings, If I set the power to turn off in 1 hour, will it shut off even if I'm streaming a movie at the time? RAP Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64 bit). I upgraded my Win 8 machine to Win 10. Machine: Lenovo (i5) G500s Touch notebook (laptop)....
  9. PC shut down when watching video or playing Football Manager

PC shut down when watching video or playing Football Manager: Ok, i'm not that bad in PC world so i allredy checked some usual causes of this error. Checked all temperatures, they are fine, nothing is overheating. (Speed Fun) Here are my PC spec: Processor: Intel i5 - 3470 @ 3.20GHZ GPU: AMD 7850 1GB Ram: 8GB DDR3 800MHz...
  10. Video shut down/off

in Windows 10 Support
    Video shut down/off: I have my monitor set to shut down 10 min after no activity, but it's not. I have checked the settings and it's set to shut off. What else do I need to check? 97115