Windows 10: Windows shuts down when I click Sleep

Discus and support Windows shuts down when I click Sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I click Sleep in the shutdown menu or press the sleep button on my keyboard it shitsdown. Version: 2004 Build: 19041.264 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jan_Kal, May 28, 2020.

1. Windows shuts down when I click Sleep

When I click Sleep in the shutdown menu or press the sleep button on my keyboard it shitsdown.

Version: 2004 Build: 19041.264

submitted by /u/Jan_Kal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jan_Kal, May 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade, when I hit sleep the computer shuts down after a while instead of sleep

Thanks. I had already done those steps and it didn't help. I still have the shut down issue after it sleeps for a while. Any other Suggestions?

NancyS. Bostain, Jun 4, 2020
  3. claylomax Win User
    Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Windows shuts down when I click Sleep

PC not shutting down or sleeping

Hi Felipe,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about the shutting down or sleeping in Windows 10. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before this issue happens?
    • Any changes made to your hardware?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
    • Have you also tried
      updating your drivers
      ?

We also found a helpful response from Yashwanth Kotakuri on July 7, 2016 in this

thread
    . This will give you steps that resolve the same issue.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Anthony Gal, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows shuts down when I click Sleep

1. Windows shuts down when I click Sleep - Similar Threads - shuts down click

2. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down when I press sleep: My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every...
  3. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shuts down when I press sleep: My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every...
  4. My PC goes to sleep instead of shutting down when I click Shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC goes to sleep instead of shutting down when I click Shutdown.: My PC goes to sleep instead of shutting down when I click Shutdown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-goes-to-sleep-instead-of-shutting-down-when/eb41b762-f719-4945-b2fc-458ba5177281
  5. My PC goes to sleep instead of shutting down when I click Shutdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC goes to sleep instead of shutting down when I click Shutdown.: My PC goes to sleep instead of shutting down when I click Shutdown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-goes-to-sleep-instead-of-shutting-down-when/eb41b762-f719-4945-b2fc-458ba5177281
  6. PC shuts down when set to Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down when set to Sleep.: This PC shuts down even though it is set to Sleep and must be signed in again each time Windows is re-opened. In Power and Sleep settings both Display are Sleep set at Never. who UNPLUGS their PC? In Additional Power Settings HP recommended Power Balance is set. Beneath...
  7. Shutting Down when supposed to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutting Down when supposed to sleep: For the past 3 weeks, I close my computer and it shuts down when I want it to sleep. I am not telling it to do this, it does this automatically. I thought a recent update would fix it, but the problem has not been resolved. What steps should I take?...
  8. Sleep and Shut Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  9. Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?

Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?: My computer using window 10 would not shut down when I clicked on the shut down menu. Please advise thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-will-not-shut-down-when-i-clicked/dd1a9cb1-d312-4110-bc16-463bec48b6de
  10. System shuts down when in sleep mode

System shuts down when in sleep mode: I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no...