Windows 10: Windows shutting down keep on going

Discus and support Windows shutting down keep on going in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop SURFACE LAPTOP 3 is keep on shutting sown from few hours . I have not done any uogrades or new softwares installtion but this is happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kothamahesh, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Windows shutting down keep on going

My laptop SURFACE LAPTOP 3 is keep on shutting sown from few hours . I have not done any uogrades or new softwares installtion but this is happening from when i tried to shutdown without closing all the open apps

:)

kothamahesh, Dec 20, 2020

2. windows 10 does not go to sleep or shut down

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

It would be great if you can answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Power troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    I would also suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter by following the above steps.

Let us know the results.

Ravinath P, Dec 20, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Windows shutting down keep on going

Laptop (Windows 10) frozen - won't go to sleep or shut down properly

Hi,

To resolved your issue with shutting down your computer, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Did you make any changes on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Is the computer also freezing when you restart it?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform a clean boot with the steps on this
    link

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual
    after troubleshooting with clean boot of the KB article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows shutting down keep on going

1. Windows shutting down keep on going - Similar Threads - shutting down keep

2. Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down: Whenever I try to run a full system scan windows defender shuts down before it can get very far. Is there a way to fix this? My laptop was updated last night....
  3. Windows reset keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reset keeps shutting down.: I decided to reset my computer because its been glitching a lot and its very slow. While the reset was happening it just shuts down. I waited 5 minutes then I turned it back on. It was at 64%. When it went to 65% it just turned off. I turned it back on. It was at 64% again...
  4. Windows 10 keeps shutting down

Windows 10 keeps shutting down: Windows keep shutting down was unable to do the recent update when it started shutting down every few minutes. Tried doing other suggestions. Still shutting down thanks any help I can get. Dan...
  5. Computer keeps shutting down

Computer keeps shutting down: Hi, My computer keeps shutting down every few days while I am working. This has never happened before. Is there any way to stop this from re-occuring and losing documents I am working on. Thanks...
  6. Computer keeps shutting down.

Computer keeps shutting down.: I've had this computer for about a year and a half, it has random shutdowns and I've been unable to identify the source of the problem: Operating System: Windows 10 Pro-64-bit Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z390-P Memory: 32 GB [8 GB...
  7. windows keeps shutting down

windows keeps shutting down: I will be right in the middle of reading some news or something and all of a sudden I get a screen that says Microsoft has encountered a problem and will have to restart. My screen goes black but it never restarts on its own. I have to manually power off and wait 30 seconds...
  8. My laptop keeps shutting down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps shutting down instead of going to sleep: Hi, I have a question. Instead of going to sleep mode i.e. when I close the lid on my laptop, the screen goes off but the computer keeps running for several minutes and then shuts down. It does the same when I choose shutdown, instead of shutting down in 10 seconds or so as...
  9. Keeps Shutting Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...
  10. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps shutting down: My win 10 pc keeps shutting down when left inactive for any length of time. I have checked the power options page, see screenshot [img] Is there anything here that I need to change? Thanks in advance. I have just disabled hybrid sleep to see if this solves the...