Windows 10: Windows Shutting Down Randomly

Discus and support Windows Shutting Down Randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It just shutting down randomly, and it's really annoying. Especially during online school. I use a Win 10 laptop from my school, and sometimes it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Platform38, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Windows Shutting Down Randomly

It just shutting down randomly, and it's really annoying. Especially during online school. I use a Win 10 laptop from my school, and sometimes it just shut down. It says "Locking". And I can't start again instantly, I have to wait 10 seconds at least. I tried turning off the screen sleep but it still doing it. At least my data is saved, but I want this problem gone. What do I do?

:)

Platform38, Nov 11, 2020

2. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Louie_101 Win User
    My PC shuts off randomly

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your pc shutting off by itself randomly. I would highly suggest you to check this link and follow the steps provided by Greg Carmack to fix this issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope this information helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows Shutting Down Randomly

HP Notebook shuts down randomly

Hi David,

It is possible that your Notebook shut downs randomly due to corruptions. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow that steps in this
    article
    to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted system files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions to restore Windows corruptions error by clicking on this

link

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Shutting Down Randomly

1. Windows Shutting Down Randomly - Similar Threads - Shutting Down Randomly

2. Windows randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly shutting down: I'm in some desperate need of assistance. I just did a rebuild of my Windows 11 machine and it is pretty barebones at the moment except for a few Steam games and Office 365 and the usual suspects of Chrome, etc. I'm currently running with what should be tenfold of the...
  3. Windows randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly shutting down: I'm in some desperate need of assistance. I just did a rebuild of my Windows 11 machine and it is pretty barebones at the moment except for a few Steam games and Office 365 and the usual suspects of Chrome, etc. I'm currently running with what should be tenfold of the...
  4. Random Shut Downs

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shut Downs: Hello, I recently built a PC(System Builder - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB VENTUS XS OC, F2 MicroATX Mini Tower - PCPartPicker) about a little over a month ago and recently I have been having a weird problem. First off, when building it there is a...
  5. Windows randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows randomly shutting down: Good afternoon! I've been dealing with an issue since I updated to windows version 1909. Issue persists even in 2004 Every so often my system will simply shut down. Doesn't really lose power because it still shows the shutting down animation. The few times that I have a...
  6. Windows randomly shuts down

Windows randomly shuts down: Hi all, I am starting to get pretty desperate here. My laptop randomly turns off ! At the start i thought it was related with temperature, but i am pretty sure that's not the case now. Everytime it turns off both GPU and CPU are way below 90C. note that the laptop is...
  7. Random "Shutting down.."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random "Shutting down..": Hi guys! I'm seekig for help I have a few computers having the same issue.. They randomly shut down.. (with the Shutting down screen) There are no temperature issues.. what should I try to do? (the pc's are publicly used) submitted by /u/xnevenx [link] [comments]...
  8. Random shut-down

Random shut-down: My PC keeps shutting down frequently (Windows 10 - temperature OK) with an ID41 kernel power critical error. So far I have been able to find no help at all. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-shut-down/c98828d8-f931-4eb1-9531-9cb8dc10341a
  9. Random Shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Shutting down: Recently, my laptop was turning off while charging and now, unplugged, it turns off immediately after turning on with a full battery. It's an Asus laptop that I've only had for about a year and only recently started having issues....
  10. Randomly shuts down

Randomly shuts down: Hello, this problem started since I bought my laptop (already has windows 10 on it) It shuts down A LOT. The blue screen shows up sometimes but it just restart w/out the blue screen thing randomly! I've been playing Sims 4 and it's really annoying because I have to save...