Windows 10: Windows Shutting Down - Reason Code: 0x500ff

Discus and support Windows Shutting Down - Reason Code: 0x500ff in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All, My PC has been shutting down whilst in the middle of doing various things... Sometimes I would be just watching YouTube, others would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Meerkat_94, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Windows Shutting Down - Reason Code: 0x500ff

Hi All,

My PC has been shutting down whilst in the middle of doing various things... Sometimes I would be just watching YouTube, others would be gaming whilst using Discord etc

I can find no common point with the programs I was using when the shutdowns are happening.

When checking the event viewer I can see below.

The process C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe DESKTOP-CIKN4N8 has initiated the power off of computer DESKTOP-CIKN4N8 on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found

Reason Code: 0x500ff

Shutdown Type: power off

Comment:

I have checked windows update and this does not seem to be the issue, all is up to date. I have also run Driver booster to check for any other out dated drivers. My current anti-virus is KasperSky which is finding no issues. PC is not overheating, temp is stable around 37 Degrees Celsius

Any suggestions?

:)

Meerkat_94, Apr 18, 2020

2. Computer randomly shuts off and restarts with Reason Code: 0x500ff

My buddy's computer keeps randomly restarting. Usually when he's playing a game. It has randomly restarted just when he's on YouTube. 
    Event Viewer says:

Here is a screenshot of Event Viewer. 
    I think this event was it.  He has a prebuilt cyberpower gaming PC. 
    Any suggestions are good.

Johnny Lin, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Roubo Win User
    Computer randomly shuts off and restarts with Reason Code: 0x500ff

The KB article for this says that this may be a secondary Event Viewer entry while the real reason should be logged somewhere next to it (within seconds), with the same Event ID 1074:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-vista-windows-7-windows-server-2008-and

The second entry, if you can find it, should have the real reason listed. For me, the second entry would be "The process Explorer.EXE has initiated the power off of computer..." to indicate that I used the desktop or start menu to ask for a shut down.

In your friend's case this may also be a short on the power button, or even a misbehaving program. In an extreme case, CPU overheating might be the issue, etc.

My custom-built system used to restart reliably on its own when I overclocked it a bit too much, for example. Windows 10 Pro here.

Good luck!

Roubo, Apr 18, 2020
  4. FireAce44 Win User

Windows Shutting Down - Reason Code: 0x500ff

Windows 10 randomly shutting down

The process C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe (RECORDINGPC) has initiated the power off of computer RECORDINGPC on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found

Reason Code: 0x500ff

Shutdown Type: power off

User Logoff Notification for Customer Experience Improvement Program

FireAce44, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Shutting Down - Reason Code: 0x500ff

1. Windows Shutting Down - Reason Code: 0x500ff - Similar Threads - Shutting Down Reason

2. Windows shut down for unknown reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows shut down for unknown reason: I managed to install Windows 10 on a external HDD using USB port on my laptop since my internal hdd is broke and i dont have a SATA connector for internal hdd..Everything is working fine i can run apps , run games without any problems, but for some reason when i decide to...
  3. Windows 11 shuts down for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shuts down for no reason: I recently purchased a laptop with Windows 11 installed. I was using it and it just shut down. A blue screen appeared and it said there was a stop code and it was going to reboot. Since then, it has done it a few times. It does not stay on the screen long enough for me to see...
  4. Windows 11 shuts down for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 shuts down for no reason: I recently purchased a laptop with Windows 11 installed. I was using it and it just shut down. A blue screen appeared and it said there was a stop code and it was going to reboot. Since then, it has done it a few times. It does not stay on the screen long enough for me to see...
  5. Win 10 shuts down for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 shuts down for no apparent reason: Every morning exactly at 09:00:00 my Win 10 PC shuts down and has to be restarted manually. All Windows power settings are set to »Never«. Where can I find out which app or system service is the cause of this bug?...
  6. Win 10 shuts down for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 shuts down for no apparent reason: Every morning exactly at 09:00:00 my Win 10 PC shuts down and has to be restarted manually. All Windows power settings are set to »Never«. Where can I find out which app or system service is the cause of this bug?...
  7. Windows 10 shuts down for no reason

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shuts down for no reason: Windows 10 Pro on a home built machine. Has been operational for a couple of years. Started randomly shutting down a few weeks ago. And I mean randomly. The PC can be in sleep mode and wakes up just to shut down. No new programs installed, AFAIK virus free. Memory, CPU and...
  8. unexpected shut down for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unexpected shut down for no reason: [ATTACH] Yup thats real helpful huh? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shut-down-for-no-reason/d55e670c-9397-464c-82ef-fd7eed1e89c8
  9. roblox shut down pc for no reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    roblox shut down pc for no reason: my computer turns off when i play roblox for some reason. I have tried everything even past Microsoft problems that others have commented on and received answers but it seems it does not help me at all. I tested the answers but it still didn't work...
  10. Windows 10 PC shut down automatically for no reason

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 PC shut down automatically for no reason: So, my cousin was messing around with my computer, but a few seconds after he left, my computer just started to shut down without a reason. I couldn't cancel it. Can anyone help? 133566

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Ursachencode: 0x500ff win 10

2. 0x500ff shutdown windows 10

3. 0x500ff