Windows 10: windows shutting down without warning when the battery still has about 40% of battery remaining

Discus and support windows shutting down without warning when the battery still has about 40% of battery remaining in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have found out that this issue began after the Windows 10 20H2 update. i have checked my power settings there is no issue. I saw a thread of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ali Shujau, Mar 2, 2021.

1. windows shutting down without warning when the battery still has about 40% of battery remaining

I have found out that this issue began after the Windows 10 20H2 update.

i have checked my power settings there is no issue.

I saw a thread of the same question asked on this community and many people had this issue after the same update. And some of them mentioned that they even changed their battery but the issue still persists.

I could not reply to that question because replying to the question was disabled.

I have even checked my battery with acer care center app and no issue was detected by the app.

The reason I have been suspicious about the update is that, after the update laptop sometimes does not show battery icon on the task bar. and when I checked taskbar settings the battery icon is enabled on the taskbar and it is locked on "on" state by the task bar settings.

I have checked the Microsoft acpi battery driver and there is no issue in that driver and no updates available by device manager as well as windows update.

After the pc shutdowns with this "faulty" shutdown, I have to plug it on charging to get the laptop to even power on.

I think this is a windows issue and Microsoft should address this issue to their developers and bring an update to fix this issue as soon as possible.

you can find the details of my laptop below taken by dxdiag

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 3/2/2021, 16:48:08

Machine name: LAPTOP-N8IO6LUG

Machine Id: {BC9FEEB4-41FC-48CB-8B5C-17F5732720D8}

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit 10.0, Build 19042 19041.vb_release.191206-1406

Language: English Regional Setting: English

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: Aspire E5-476G

BIOS: V1.37 type: UEFI

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 8 CPUs, ~1.8GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8070MB RAM

Page File: 6441MB used, 4955MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported

DirectX Database Version: 1.2.0

DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0546 64bit Unicode

:)

Ali Shujau, Mar 2, 2021

2. Windows shutting down at 40% battery without any warning.

My computer shuts down without a battery-low warning. Now it shows 40% battery and now it shuts down abruptly. When I put in the plug, it says it has 5% charge. Please help me.. How do I know when my computer is out of battery? How to get the correct
    data of my battery??

SushilBasnet, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

windows shutting down without warning when the battery still has about 40% of battery remaining pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 2, 2021
  4. windows shutting down without warning when the battery still has about 40% of battery remaining

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

windows shutting down without warning when the battery still has about 40% of battery remaining pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

windows shutting down without warning when the battery still has about 40% of battery remaining

1. windows shutting down without warning when the battery still has about 40% of battery remaining - Similar Threads - shutting down without

2. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery: I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am...
  3. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery: I am having an issue with my laptop since it shuts down when battery is low but there is no low battery popup to indicate.Moreover if i change the power plan setting and set the laptop to sleep when battery is below 15% it still don't work and laptop just shuts down. I am...
  4. Laptop shutting down without warning for low battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.

My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.: My laptop shutting down when battery level comes to 30-40% without any warning it shuts down i know that it warns when the battery level comes to 15% but my laptop doesn't even come to 15% it shuts down before that like when it's 35% . Please I want to know that is it windows...
  6. My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.: My laptop shutting down when battery level comes to 30-40% without any warning it shuts down i know that it warns when the battery level comes to 15% but my laptop doesn't even come to 15% it shuts down before that like when it's 35% . Please I want to know that is it windows...
  7. My laptop's shutting down when battery is at 35% it shuts down without any warning.

8. Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.

Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.: When the battery gets low on my Surface, it will shut off without warning. I'd really prefer a clear warning a minute or two before that happens, and then have it hibernate,Note, this is NOT a battery management concern, this is a shutdown behaviour concern.I've been through...
  9. Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.: When the battery gets low on my Surface, it will shut off without warning. I'd really prefer a clear warning a minute or two before that happens, and then have it hibernate,Note, this is NOT a battery management concern, this is a shutdown behaviour concern.I've been through...
  10. Surface shutting down without warning when battery low.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro battery shut off at 40% power fix

2. my laptop shuts off at 40 battery without warning

3. why do my laptop shuts down at 40% battery without warning

4. why does surface pro shutdown at 40% battery,
  5. pc shutdown when reach 40% fix,
  6. my pc is shuttin down when the baterry becomes 40%,
  7. My Toshiba battery shutdown after 48% of battery without warning,
  8. my laptop shuts off at 40% battery without warning