Windows 10: Windows shutting off with no warning

Discus and support Windows shutting off with no warning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So this problem just recently started happening, when in windows after a while it will just completely shut off with no warning. It doesn't happen when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JadeRed1976, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Windows shutting off with no warning

So this problem just recently started happening, when in windows after a while it will just completely shut off with no warning. It doesn't happen when I'm in Ubuntu though. I've deleted some programs that could be the cause but nothing has worked. I really need some help with this, I need to get my work done.

:)

JadeRed1976, Nov 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 Home Shutting Down Without Warning

Hi Phil,

When Windows shuts down without warning, it might be due to the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. You can try performing the steps provided below and see if it helps.

Method 1. Run Power Troubleshooter.

1. Under search icon, type troubleshoot and press Enter.
    2. Select Power and click Run the troubleshooter.

Method 2. Reset all power plans to their defaults.

1. Press Windows key + R.
    2. Type powercfg - restoredefaultschemes and press Enter.

Let me know if you need further help. I'll be glad to assist.

Justine Pel, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Windows shutting down at 40% battery without any warning.

Hi Sushil,

I realize that you face difficulty with abrupt shut down of the system. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try these steps:

• Plug in a different charger to the system and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in your laptop charger to different laptop and check.
    Note: provided the laptop charger and charger jack should be compatible.

Please follow methods.

Method 1: run power troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run power troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on view all from the left panel and select power troubleshooter from the list.

• Then follow on-screen instructions.
    If issue still persists follow method 2.

Method 2: create new power plan.

• Click Start, and then select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware and Sound, and then select
      Power Options.
    • The Power Options Control Panel opens, and the power plans appear.
    • Click Create a power plan.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to create and customize a power plan file that is based on an existing plan.

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with Windows 10.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Windows shutting off with no warning

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows shutting off with no warning

1. Windows shutting off with no warning - Similar Threads - shutting off warning

2. Device randomly shuts off without warning while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device randomly shuts off without warning while gaming: idk why but recently my laptop screen randomly turns black when gaming and shuts off, i though it was due to my drivers not being updated so i installed a program which updated all my drivers for them to be up to date, but the problem persisted, what could be the cause of...
  3. Device randomly shuts off without warning while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device randomly shuts off without warning while gaming: idk why but recently my laptop screen randomly turns black when gaming and shuts off, i though it was due to my drivers not being updated so i installed a program which updated all my drivers for them to be up to date, but the problem persisted, what could be the cause of...
  4. MSI GF63 Thin keeps shutting off randomly with no warning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI GF63 Thin keeps shutting off randomly with no warning.: Hello! I recently got my MSI on Christmas, 2021 and have been having many problems.It overheats really fast, and keeps shutting off every 1-30 minutes randomly while using. It's updated and I did everything I could do, but I am not sure what else to do since it's just...
  5. MSI GF63 Thin keeps shutting off randomly with no warning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI GF63 Thin keeps shutting off randomly with no warning.: Hello! I recently got my MSI on Christmas, 2021 and have been having many problems.It overheats really fast, and keeps shutting off every 1-30 minutes randomly while using. It's updated and I did everything I could do, but I am not sure what else to do since it's just...
  6. Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning: Hi Recently I have upgraded to windows 10 20H2. After that my ASUS P2530UJ laptop is shutting down unexpectedly without battery warning. I have checked my power option settings. The low battery level is set to 10% and the critical battery levelis set to 5%. It was not...
  7. Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop shuts off unexpectedly without low battery warning: Hi Recently I have upgraded to windows 10 20H2. After that my ASUS P2530UJ laptop is shutting down unexpectedly without battery warning. I have checked my power option settings. The low battery level is set to 10% and the critical battery levelis set to 5%. It was not...
  8. MSI Laptop shuts off without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSI Laptop shuts off without warning: I have an MSI GS63 Stealth 8RE laptop running Windows 10. My computer has been running fine and then suddenly started turning off on its own. It tends to happen when its running on battery power but has also occured when plugged in. In only one of these cases did it cause a...
  9. My laptop shuts off without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop shuts off without warning: My laptop shuts off without warning all the time. The battery percentage is always high and/or I'm charging my laptop. When I power my laptop on again, everything is as I left it. With the recent events happening and having to do online school, I don't want it to shut off...
  10. Computer shuts off without warning when battery is low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shuts off without warning when battery is low: how do I turn on low battery notifications https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-off-without-warning-when-battery-is/f6218490-47bd-45f3-bd1f-25982433623f