Windows 10: Windows SIGN-IN issues: Changing Password

Discus and support Windows SIGN-IN issues: Changing Password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've attempted to do this THREE times over the last three days and I get the same message! I want to CHANGE my password for Windows Sign-In. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ateaze, Sep 21, 2018.

1. ateaze Win User

Windows SIGN-IN issues: Changing Password

I've attempted to do this THREE times over the last three days and I get the same message!

I want to CHANGE my password for Windows Sign-In. I've gone to

Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options>Password>Change...when prompted I..

Entered my Windows PIN for verification...

Entered my email password for verification...

I get the following message:

We know you have been waiting...the change in security info that you rquested on 19/09/2018 will be completed on 19/09/2018. Until then, you won't be able to sign in to your account unless you can use your current security infor or a trusted device.

It is now three days later, 22/09/2018 and I am still waiting for the amendments!! Thankfully, I am still able to sign in but, I'm not able to CHANGE my PIN/PASSWORD!

:)

ateaze, Sep 21, 2018

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade immediate issues with desktop Sign-in password

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response. Try these steps:

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.
    4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you

Ravinath P, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Windows SIGN-IN issues: Changing Password

Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows SIGN-IN issues: Changing Password

1. Windows SIGN-IN issues: Changing Password - Similar Threads - SIGN issues Changing

2. Change windows 11 password - computer sign in - not account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change windows 11 password - computer sign in - not account password: Hi all, I want to change the password to sign in to my windows 11 PC. When I go into security, in the windows settings, it only lets me change my microsoft account password. I don't use my microsoft account password to log in. How do I change the admin password on windows 11?...
  3. Change windows 11 password - computer sign in - not account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change windows 11 password - computer sign in - not account password: Hi all, I want to change the password to sign in to my windows 11 PC. When I go into security, in the windows settings, it only lets me change my microsoft account password. I don't use my microsoft account password to log in. How do I change the admin password on windows 11?...
  4. Issue at sign in option page and unable to change the password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issue at sign in option page and unable to change the password: In my laptop in setting under sign in option a message is keep showing that "some of thse setteing are hiden or maneged by your oraganization" however i am the owner of my PC. I am not able to change pasword of my PC. I tried everythig including reset my PC 2 Times but same...
  5. sign in issue - password

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign in issue - password: Hello I had my mother board and processor replaced in a PC I purchased It is now asking me to sign in to activate windows and when I try to sign in to view the issue that it is describing it will not let me. It lets me enter my user and password and then asks for the...
  6. Mail password change issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail password change issue: I changed my password for my ATT mail account that was one of the accounts added in the Win10 mail app. It then needed to be changed in the Mail app. Each attempt to change the password was met with a message that the account needed attention. Seems like going around in...
  7. the users password must be changed before signing in no password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the users password must be changed before signing in no password: https://imgur.com/a/KJjh6qB I'm currently encountering this problem However when i put a password of the email in order to change it it doesn't work submitted by /u/_mkrfs [link] [comments]...
  8. Change Password sign into computer NOT Micorosoft account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Password sign into computer NOT Micorosoft account password: I was asked to input my PIN into Microsoft earlier to solve a non-password related issue I was having, and I ended up having to reset the PIN in Settings. Now when I try to sign into my laptop it's asking for the PIN instead of a password. I want to set the login to the same...
  9. Changing the password at sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing the password at sign-in: How do I reset/change my password at the very first page after I turn on the computer? As the only user of my computer, there is only one account. I have checked using help and found that I do not have a "local user and Group" listing in "Computer Management." Could there...
  10. Change Password for Outlook account and Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Password for Outlook account and Sign In: Just updated to Windows Version 1909. Now I want to change password for sign in but only allowed to use password for Outlook account. I want two different passwords. Is there a way to fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we know you have been waiting the change in security info you requested on will be completed on . until then you wont be able to sign in to your account unless you can use your current security info or a trusted device.