Windows 10: Windows sign in name incorrect

Discus and support Windows sign in name incorrect in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HI, I have recently upgraded to win10 from win7, and I think the email address I used in the process is the same as someone else's, because someone... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AJH1967, Feb 4, 2020.

1. AJH1967 Win User

Windows sign in name incorrect

HI,

I have recently upgraded to win10 from win7, and I think the email address I used in the process is the same as someone else's, because someone else's name appears at login, not mine. How do I remove this account, email address and start again fresh, with a completely new email address so my own name appears.

Regards

Tony

:)

AJH1967, Feb 4, 2020

2. win10 store app using incorrect sign in name?

Hi,

I realize that Windows 10 store app is using incorrect sign in name. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to login to the account.live.com to check the user name reflecting there as that is the same information which would be synced to your PC.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Sign-in name change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

Please note that the Sign-in name will be the same that on your Microsoft Account. So if you want to change the name, you will need to
    sign in to your account and then click on
    Your Info to edit the name. Once you are able to see the changes on Microsoft account, you should be able to see the same on
    Windows. If you are still not able to view the changes, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Run dialog (by pressing Windows key + R).
    2. Then type: Netplwiz. This will open the
      User Accounts window.
    3. Select the User account and then click on Properties.
    4. Now change the name and click on Apply & then
      Okay.
    5. Then sign out of the user account and sign in back or simply restart your device. You should be able to view the changes.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Windows sign in name incorrect

How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows sign in name incorrect

1. Windows sign in name incorrect - Similar Threads - sign name incorrect

2. Incorrect User Names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect User Names: When I transferred my system to a new computer, the user names are incorrect for my microsoft acct and I am unable some of my documents. How can I fix this?There is also an unknown account manager....
  3. Incorrect Program Names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect Program Names: Hi! I have a problem with my programs not displaying their correct name or the correct filename of the file it opens. As shown on the top left area of the photo that I have attached below. This happens to programs like VLC, IDM, Acrobat Reader, Premier Pro, etc. What should I...
  4. Incorrect Program Names

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect Program Names: Hi! I have a problem with my programs not displaying their correct name or the correct filename of the file it opens. As shown on the top left area of the photo that I have attached below. What should I do? I hope somebody can help me with this. Thank you in advance....
  5. Incorrect Member Name

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Incorrect Member Name: The Microsoft Community has my wrong name in their records. My member name should be listed as: Mary Lindberg, If you have any questions, please contact me. Thank you very much....
  6. Network name incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network name incorrect: I had a Linksys router E1200 with LAN ports and WiFi 2.4 G that worked fine for years. A few months ago I needed to improve it to give more more features and chose a Linksys WRT3200ACM MU-MIMO that also includes 5GHz WiFi. Setup using the Linksys online method was more...
  7. password is incorrect at sign on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    password is incorrect at sign on: Hi, My Windows 10 machine which was working perfectly , has started giving this weird message "password is incorrect" from last few days. I believe this wto fix itas after a microsoft silent update. The password is correct. I tried various way to recover it. But since the...
  8. Profile name incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile name incorrect: My name registered with Microsoft is "." and the sirname is Miller. i have registered an email "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***", xname substituting my name ofc and that is the only place that name is tied to my microsoft account. my desktop profile after setting...
  9. incorrect password on windows sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    incorrect password on windows sign in: I turn on my computer, my name appears and I try to enter my password. It tells me incorrect password and no option to reset it. I have checked cap locks, number locks and have tried to use the screen keyboard. When I click the icon to show password it is correct. I have...
  10. Incorrect User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect User Name: I am the sole user of my PC and so I set it up to by-pass the password entry screen and boot straight into the start screen. Two weeks ago I started to receive an error message on start up. The message tells me that the username or password is incorrect, try again. When...