Windows 10: Windows Sign-In takes too long

Discus and support Windows Sign-In takes too long in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my computer: Symptoms It takes unusually long to sign into my account in Windows 10. This is only the case for one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lookingthroughWindow, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Windows Sign-In takes too long

Hello,

I have a problem with my computer:

Symptoms

• It takes unusually long to sign into my account in Windows 10. This is only the case for one specific user account. Logging into another account is really quick.
    • If the setting from screenshot 1 is activated, Windows hangs for a while during startup. This setting allows Windows to automatically sign into the last user account in the background before entering the password. When starting the computer, the screen turns black just before showing the sign-in page until Windows has signed into my user account. As soon as the sign-in screen appears, I can type in my password and enter my user account quickly, since it has already been loaded on the black screen.
    • Also, it takes very long to open the personal folder of the affected user account from a different administratos account screenshot 2. This is not the case trying to open a personal folder from another user account. I didn't wait long enough to find out whether the folder will open succesfully.

Attempts to solve the problem

• Up to now I tried running the command sfc /scannow. It didn't find any problems.
    • I tried disabling all non Microsoft services an processes at startup using msconfig and the task manager.

Down below in screenshot 3 there is some information about my computer. Please tell me in case I need to provide more details.

I hope you can help me to find a solution to the problem. I am well aware the problem would be gone if I just deleted my user account and created a new one, deleted windows and installed a new copy, or trashed my computer and bought a new one. But I wouldn't ask if I didn't want to solve this problem without just deleting everything else together with it.

Best regards

Alex

Screenshot 1

Windows Sign-In takes too long f9ac6478-e6da-410c-9f10-c7762ddcee12?upload=true.png

Screenshot 2

Windows Sign-In takes too long 2409c0bc-89af-443b-b4e4-535e38c36628?upload=true.png

Screenshot 3

Windows Sign-In takes too long e9648b63-e760-4d82-8b51-9602e15cc37b?upload=true.png

:)

lookingthroughWindow, Jan 30, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 30, 2021
  3. I can't sign in windows store and I can't use acount microsoft to sign in windows

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. Are you still facing the issue?

If yes, Please follow below suggestions:

What happens when you try to sign to Windows Store?

Please give us the complete error message if any.

For Windows store issue you may refer the following suggestion:

I would suggest you to refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows +R Keys to open Run command

• Type wsreset.exe and hit enter

Now, try to open store and see if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Windows Sign-In takes too long

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows Sign-In takes too long

1. Windows Sign-In takes too long - Similar Threads - Sign takes too

2. Diskpart takes too long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart takes too long?: So i was about to make a 100% clean install of Windows 10 and cleaned my 512GB drive with diskpart clean all. I read that it should take about an hour per 320GB, but it's been going for more than 3½ hours! According to the named 320GB/hr. about a terabyte should be cleaned by...
  3. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  4. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  5. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  6. Windows 10 taking too long to open after sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taking too long to open after sign in: I am facing issue of slow log in, when I start my laptop it brings up the sign in screen in usual time between 10 to 15 seconds but when I enter the password and hit enter it takes around 7 to 8 minutes to show up the desktop. I checked for driver updates as well but all my...
  7. sign in screen taking too long to open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in screen taking too long to open: HELLO SIR my sign in screen taking too long to appear for password page after latest windows 10 update. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-screen-taking-too-long-to-open/efb1bfc4-88ce-4640-8d13-426ad5186578
  8. Startup is taking too long

Startup is taking too long: Recently I turned my Toshiba Satellite laptop off incorrectly by pressing the power button for a hard shutdown. Once I turned it back on, it went straight into scan and repair mode for the C drive. That process took over 6 hours to complete. Once I got to the sign in screen,...
  9. Update is taking too long

Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54
  10. Sign-in in Settings takes too long?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sign-in in Settings takes too long?: Hello Just wonder if you guys noticed that but at least on my computer it takes about 15-20 seconds to open sign-in in settings. Now everything else works perfectly, computer is super fast, no errors (except 7031), currently I'm on fresh install. I disabled the sign-in...