Windows 10: windows sign on pin

Discus and support windows sign on pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello all! I hope all is well. HP support assistant advised me to do a bios update on my laptop running windows 10. I did the update. Now I can't use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RONNELLBELL, Apr 29, 2020.

1. windows sign on pin

hello all!

I hope all is well. HP support assistant advised me to do a bios update on my laptop running windows 10. I did the update. Now I can't use my sign on pin for windows. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

:)

RONNELLBELL, Apr 29, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

windows sign on pin

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

windows sign on pin

1. windows sign on pin - Similar Threads - sign pin

2. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  3. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  4. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...: I have woke up and gone to log into my surface laptop and it automatically has a message saying I have entered my pin wrong too many times so I cannot use facial recognition. I haven't even touched the laptop since I used it last night so that's weird. Anyway I have entered...
  6. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...: I have woke up and gone to log into my surface laptop and it automatically has a message saying I have entered my pin wrong too many times so I cannot use facial recognition. I haven't even touched the laptop since I used it last night so that's weird. Anyway I have entered...
  7. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

8. Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options: I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out I usually have my passwords and pins written down...
  9. Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options: I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out I usually have my passwords and pins written down...
  10. Correct Windows 11 pin not being recognised on sign in.

Correct Windows 11 pin not being recognised on sign in.: I have a desktop 16 GB RAM with updated Windows 11. When I turn the computer on it normally shows the screen asking for my Windows pin.When I input the Windows pin the system just goes back to the login screen with a brief message "Signing out". When I hit "I Forgot my Pin"...