Windows 10: windows sign on says something went wrong pin is unavailable click to reset and it says...

Discus and support windows sign on says something went wrong pin is unavailable click to reset and it says... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; windows sign on says something went wrong pin is unavailable click to reset and it says will not reset... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jujub403, Sep 19, 2020.

1. jujub403 Win User

windows sign on says something went wrong pin is unavailable click to reset and it says...

windows sign on says something went wrong pin is unavailable click to reset and it says will not reset

:)

jujub403, Sep 19, 2020
  2. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Windows Hello Pin currently unavailable

Hi Virginia,

I am running windows 10 home version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 (version 1909).

Under "sign in options" in preferences there is a "Windows Hello PIN" that says "this option is currently unavailable. It gives me the option to remove my PIN; I have done so. Subsequently I have redone my PIN (worth noting a 6 vs 4 digit PIN mandatory
    now). It also says "something went wrong, try again later".

I like to require sign in when the PC wakes up from sleep. The "learn more" is not helpful. Two months with a PC and issues already. Cant say I am a fan.

ArlinBaillie, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

windows sign on says something went wrong pin is unavailable click to reset and it says...

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. windows sign on says something went wrong pin is unavailable click to reset and it says... - Similar Threads - sign says something

2. In Windows Update it says something went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows Update it says something went wrong: In Windows Update it says something went wrong and im losing my mind tryng to figure it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-update-it-says-something-went-wrong/0d4572d7-cdf8-4d7b-a918-b04320847138
  3. In Windows Update it says something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows Update it says something went wrong: In Windows Update it says something went wrong and im losing my mind tryng to figure it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-update-it-says-something-went-wrong/0d4572d7-cdf8-4d7b-a918-b04320847138
  4. In Windows Update it says something went wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. keeps saying something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps saying something went wrong?: I recently got my monitor back and i forgot my pin number, i try to put i forgot password and i do everything as i’m told. the last step where it tells me if i’m sure and everything i press continue and it keeps saying something went wrong? i don’t what’s the problem but my...
  6. keeps saying something went wrong?

keeps saying something went wrong?: I recently got my monitor back and i forgot my pin number, i try to put i forgot password and i do everything as i’m told. the last step where it tells me if i’m sure and everything i press continue and it keeps saying something went wrong? i don’t what’s the problem but my...
  7. 0x80090016 - something went wrong and your PIN is unavailable

0x80090016 - something went wrong and your PIN is unavailable: I keep getting this error message when trying to sign on to my Outlook account I have never used a PIN, have never set it and cannot find a way to reset it, HELP please...
  8. When I try to reset my login pin it says “Something went wrong”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When I try to reset my login pin it says “Something went wrong”: [IMG] I forgot my login pin and so I click forget password, I verify myself and type in my information. When I click agree to change pin it says “Something went wrong” on the part where I reset my pin code and I keep pressing retry but, it doesn’t load up....
  9. Microsoft account says something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account says something went wrong: I just updated my laptop to windows 10, 1909 and when I try to sign in using my Microsoft account it says something went wrong and I can't even access Microsoft store...
  10. “something went wrong and your pin is unavailable”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “something went wrong and your pin is unavailable”: i got that when i booted up my pc,i signed in with my password instead and removed the pin,then restarted my computer then added a new one.seemed to have fixed it but what caused this? submitted by /u/Lord_Chanka_69 [link] [comments]...