Windows 10: Windows signs me out of various apps until I log out and log in again

Discus and support Windows signs me out of various apps until I log out and log in again in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is weird. Over the past couple of weeks, I keep getting signed out of Chrome therefore out of Gmail and other websites, and Skype. I know that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaddyLandau, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Windows signs me out of various apps until I log out and log in again

This is weird. Over the past couple of weeks, I keep getting signed out of Chrome therefore out of Gmail and other websites, and Skype.

I know that these seem unrelated to Windows, but after a huge amount of searching online, with some trial and error, I've discovered that it's Windows-related.

Specifically:

• I get logged out of Chrome, Gmail and other websites. If I log in, close the browser, and reopen the browser, I'm logged out again. I have similar problems with other websites.
    • I get logged out of Skype, and cannot sign in again. Instead of asking for my PIN, it asks for my password, and tells me that the password is wrong I know that it's right, because I use a password manager to type it.

But…

• If I log out of Windows not restart, because that doesn't work, and log in again, suddenly Chrome, Gmail and other websites work. I can log in, close the browser, and reopen it, and they all are still logged in. Logging into Skype asks not for my password but for my Windows PIN, and it signs in without hassle.

In other words, it seems that somehow Windows is losing the credentials. If I log out and in again, the credentials are restored.

The solution, unfortunately, is ephemeral. After a while, the problems recur. I think that the pattern is if the computer goes to sleep or if I restart it, then the credentials again are lost.

Despite much searching, I cannot find a solution online that works.

What can I do to stop this problem from happening, please?

:)

PaddyLandau, Sep 12, 2020
  2. Wozzer Win User

Struggling to log on

Hello all,

I have a friend who registered here a couple of weeks ago (Jacko28), but he's struggling to log on. He logs on, but once trying to create a post - it logs him out.

He's deleted cookies, tried a diffrent browers, and other various things.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Wasley

*Toast :toast:

Wozzer, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Sep 12, 2020
  4. KiloLima Win User

Windows signs me out of various apps until I log out and log in again

ProcHot Logging?

I saw this under the main features on the website so I wasn't sure if this was included in RealTemp 3.7

• Reporting and logging of the Intel PROCHOT# thermal throttle activity bit.
    I am using a baytrail e3845

KiloLima, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows signs me out of various apps until I log out and log in again

1. Windows signs me out of various apps until I log out and log in again - Similar Threads - signs various apps

2. Windows is logging me out of all apps and services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is logging me out of all apps and services: I'm having this issue windows is logging me out of all the apps like ms teams vs code all other things and the mail app says it needs to be reconfigured everytime I turn on my laptop I am using a Lenovo legion 15imh05...
  3. Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in: [ATTACH]One of the scenarios that happen on a Windows PC after an upgrade is […] This article Windows 10 signing me out immediately after logging in first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Websites logging me out the second I log in

Websites logging me out the second I log in: Hello! I am having an issue on windows 10. I log in to a website with my username and password. Then, before I can do anything, the website logs me out. I've cleared cookies on my browser and this happens on all browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox....
  5. Logging out of Microsoft Minesweeper, AGAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging out of Microsoft Minesweeper, AGAIN: Seriously your basically bot support can't even reply to replies! Previous post's start: "Help i accidentally logged in to the wrong account in Minesweeper and i cannot switch to the one i want. Even reinstalling the game doesn't work. BTW i'm on Windows 10 Can someone...
  6. Edge logging me out of an app

Edge logging me out of an app: I have a program called didtheyreadit.com It works with the email. If I go more than a couple of minutes between uses, I am automatically logged out of the program. I contacted their support and they say it's the browser security settings. It works with Edge. How do I fix...
  7. Windows logging me out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows logging me out: Windows 10 keeps logging me out of my apps. I log-in to yahoo email, facebook, my bank ect. with a user name & password & check "keep me signed in" & Windows logs me out every time?...
  8. Log out functinality without logging out?

in Windows 10 Support
    Log out functinality without logging out?: Ola everyone! Everyone is familiar with the log out function in Windows 10; windows key+L, which takes us to the log in screen! Is there a function that gives us the same features as the log out function, but allows for the program running to be displayed on screen instead...
  9. Log-in screen does not log me in,times out and asks for password again

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log-in screen does not log me in,times out and asks for password again: Hi all, my first post here *Smile 10 Pro, 1607.14393.105 on C: SSD, data and user profiles on E: hard drive. While I am one of the rare people which seemingly had no problems with initial build 1607 Anniversary Update, as of the first quick patch for it (KB3176938 on...
  10. How to sign/log out

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sign/log out: Occasionally a change made with a program requires you to log/sign out and back in before it will take effect. I use TweakUI to remove the arrows from the desktop shortcuts. (Yes, I know there are other ways.) I'm on Build 10122 and when I went to log out I couldn't find a...