Windows 10: Windows signs out to login screen

Discus and support Windows signs out to login screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Twice now my OS has logged me out to the login screen. Once during a game and then when not in a game. I have looked and have not installed anything in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TracyBatchelor, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Windows signs out to login screen

Twice now my OS has logged me out to the login screen. Once during a game and then when not in a game. I have looked and have not installed anything in over a week.

:)

TracyBatchelor, Dec 21, 2020
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Dec 21, 2020
  3. How to make Windows 10 login Screen display users that are signed in

1. Press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously to open the Run box. Type cmd and press Enter.
    2. When the Command Prompt window opens, type query user and press Enter. It will list all users that are currently logged on your computer.

RainbowPride, Dec 21, 2020
  4. fdm2000 Win User

Windows signs out to login screen

Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows signs out to login screen

1. Windows signs out to login screen - Similar Threads - signs login screen

2. Not signing in with windows and not login with Microsoft account on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not signing in with windows and not login with Microsoft account on lock screen: Hi everyone. I face a problem with sign in on lock screen of my windows 10. todays morning i was signed in with my Microsoft account. And then I use the laptop normally and shut down the laptop later. And now in evening when I start the laptop it's shows me on the sign...
  3. Not signing in with windows and not login with Microsoft account on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not signing in with windows and not login with Microsoft account on lock screen: Hi everyone. I face a problem with sign in on lock screen of my windows 10. todays morning i was signed in with my Microsoft account. And then I use the laptop normally and shut down the laptop later. And now in evening when I start the laptop it's shows me on the sign...
  4. No lock screen after Sign out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No lock screen after Sign out: Hi, I set the lock screen picture in Settings/Personalization/Lock screen -> Picture and it's visible only after doing Lock and Switch user from the Start menu. It's not working for the Sign out. There is black screen no background picture, also after starting the Windows it...
  5. No lock screen after Sign out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No lock screen after Sign out: Hi, I set the lock screen picture in Settings/Personalization/Lock screen -> Picture and it's visible only after doing Lock and Switch user from the Start menu. It's not working for the Sign out. There is black screen no background picture, also after starting the Windows it...
  6. Locked Out - Login Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked Out - Login Screen: I've always bypassed the login screen using netplwz, have done this forever, but I recently changed my password in netplwz (as i,ve done many times in the past) , rebooted, and now I get the login screen with a message that the incorrect password is being used.... when I...
  7. WINDOW SIGNS IN AND SIGNS OUT

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOW SIGNS IN AND SIGNS OUT: Hi, A week ago when i opened my PC, i show it is asking for a check disk scanCHKDSK. So i waited for it to complete and when it was completed then i saw that window signs in and signs out automatically and it goes back to the lock screen. Nothing happens when i click on sign...
  8. No accounts to login into on sign in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No accounts to login into on sign in screen: When I boot, the login screen shows no usernames--only network, ease of access, and power. Looked for advice. Tried shift+restart... Nothing Tried interrupting boot cycle twice... Nothing Tried interrupting boot cycle 3 times... Nothing. What am I doing wrong...
  9. Login Screen Times Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login Screen Times Out: The login screen times out after 30 seconds. So, when a young student is trying to input their login information, if they take longer than 30 seconds in between key strokes, it fades back to the Windows 10 hero image. Is there a way to extend the 30 seconds to longer? Just to...
  10. Login screen with no profiles to sign into

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen with no profiles to sign into: My computer just updated (I'm assuming) to the anniversary edition, and I occasionally have sign-in problems. I normally have my computer set to sign in automatically, but when I turned on the PC this morning, it didn't. It went to the sign-in screen, but there was no way to...