Windows 10: Windows Simplified Chinese candidate menu not showing (DCOM error?)

Discus and support Windows Simplified Chinese candidate menu not showing (DCOM error?) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I try to switch to Simplified Chinese and type, the candidate windows does not show up. When I try to right click the language option and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scao663, Jun 22, 2021.

1. scao663 Win User

Windows Simplified Chinese candidate menu not showing (DCOM error?)

Whenever I try to switch to Simplified Chinese and type, the candidate windows does not show up. When I try to right click the language option and click settings, Windows freezes for a bit. In the Event Viewer, there are a lot of error messages saying "The server MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_120.2212.2020.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy!InputApp did not register with DCOM within the required timeout." as well as "Unable to start a DCOM Server: MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_120.2212.2020.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy!InputApp as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error: "2147958016" Happened while starting this command: "C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy\InputApp\TextInputHost.exe" -ServerName:InputApp.AppX9jnwykgrccxc8by3hsrsh07r423xzvav.mca". sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth have found no problems. I checked the CBS log and there were no errors, aside from some complaints about overlapping ownership of a few related files in C:\Windows\InputMethod\CHS (tagged as info). I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043. This is my first time posting, so sorry if I missed some required information. Thanks in advance.

:)

scao663, Jun 22, 2021

2. Chinese input method candidate words

look,when i play dota 2 , Chinese input method(pinyu) there is no candidate words list, it make me feel sad!

now,how can i change Chinese input method candidate words list from horizontal into vertical

海东徐1, Jun 22, 2021
  3. tracy2016 Win User
    Where can I get the candidate characters while typing in traditional characters?

I am trying to type in Traditional Chinese, but the candidate list does not show at all!

It is impossible to type two keys as you suggested. Is there any way I could type in traditional characters as I do in simplified characters?

Can you help me solve this problem? Many thanks.

tracy2016, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Windows Simplified Chinese candidate menu not showing (DCOM error?)

How to change candidate font size of Chinese input (Microsoft Quick)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

The steps you suggested doesn't work for changing candidate font size of Quick Chinese input method.

I tried all text size options.

Thanks

Samson

SamsonTai2015, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows Simplified Chinese candidate menu not showing (DCOM error?)

1. Windows Simplified Chinese candidate menu not showing (DCOM error?) - Similar Threads - Simplified Chinese candidate

2. Cannot install Chinese Simplified keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install Chinese Simplified keyboard: Buttons for installing basic input, handwritten input and basic speech recognition in the language parameters page are bugged out. It says "downloading", then I click on it and a progress bar appears for a second, then "installed" for a second, then "downloading" again....
  3. "Simplified" Chinese is actually "Traditional"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Simplified" Chinese is actually "Traditional": I installed Microsoft's Simplified Chinese language, but the text it types is Traditional not simplified.I already reinstalled the language pack multiple times, but it comes out as traditional every time. Edition: Windows 11 Home...
  4. "Simplified" Chinese is actually "Traditional"

"Simplified" Chinese is actually "Traditional": I installed Microsoft's Simplified Chinese language, but the text it types is Traditional not simplified.I already reinstalled the language pack multiple times, but it comes out as traditional every time. Edition: Windows 11 Home...
  5. No traditional Chinese, only simplified Chinese, how come?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No traditional Chinese, only simplified Chinese, how come?: When trying to add a language, I found that Traditional Chinese is disabled grey out, why is that and how do I get traditional chinese input on my laptop?...
  6. No traditional Chinese, only simplified Chinese, how come?

No traditional Chinese, only simplified Chinese, how come?: When trying to add a language, I found that Traditional Chinese is disabled grey out, why is that and how do I get traditional chinese input on my laptop?...
  7. Network saying Simplified Chinese Lunar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network saying Simplified Chinese Lunar: How do i remove and stop it from saying that? I also have it saying use random address for this network annoyingly, I'm not exactly the best with tech, but i can understand it to some degree, but this I have no clue and it's probably a simple fix...
  8. Network saying Simplified Chinese Lunar

Network saying Simplified Chinese Lunar: How do i remove and stop it from saying that? I also have it saying use random address for this network annoyingly, I'm not exactly the best with tech, but i can understand it to some degree, but this I have no clue and it's probably a simple fix...
  9. How to remove "To Chinese Simplified, China - Chinese Simplified - US"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove "To Chinese Simplified, China - Chinese Simplified - US": The highlighted item below, how to remove it I mean completely, 100% remove? Windows 10 version 1803. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-to-chinese-simplified-china-chinese/162c61ac-ebd8-4765-9a4e-d36762e61f72
  10. chinese Simplified,China

in Windows 10 Customization
    chinese Simplified,China: I can not remove that langue from my PC[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-simplifiedchina/331a05de-15d6-4fc7-aa5a-6d0d4b350207