Windows 10: Windows skips login page, proceeds to desktop with 0 icons.

Discus and support Windows skips login page, proceeds to desktop with 0 icons. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, my dads computer has a strange issue that needs to get fixed asap. There is alot of problems that just randomly occured at once so i will try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdamG9, Sep 8, 2018.

1. AdamG9 Win User

Windows skips login page, proceeds to desktop with 0 icons.

Hi, my dads computer has a strange issue that needs to get fixed asap. There is alot of problems that just randomly occured at once so i will try to explain this to my fullest ability.

Right after startup windows goes straight to the desktop and skips the sign in page.

Desktop is empty with no icons, the screensaver was black at first but now the background is showing.

Windows button and taskbar loads, however i cannot open anything (besides word for some reason) for example, if i were to open settings it would be shown minimized in the task bar but the window for settings would be nowhere to be found, I tried the move option and resize option with no luck.

Lastly, using ctrl + alt + delete makes the screen all black without a cursor.

Honestly I have no idea what is going on and it seems like i cant fix anything with these restrictions. Shift + restart doesn't work to open safemode aswell.

I would really appreciate any help at all. Thank you!Windows skips login page, proceeds to desktop with 0 icons. [​IMG]

:)

AdamG9, Sep 8, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Resize and rearrange desktop icons with ctrl+shift+(1-0)

To change your desktop icons from vertical to horizontal, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select small icons.

Once done, try to change again the size and display of your desktop icons using the
    Ctrl+shift+(1-0) mode and check if the same issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Windows skips login page, proceeds to desktop with 0 icons.

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows skips login page, proceeds to desktop with 0 icons.

1. Windows skips login page, proceeds to desktop with 0 icons. - Similar Threads - skips login page

2. After login, the icon and page does not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After login, the icon and page does not appear: Hi After login, the icon and page does not appear This happened to me several times and I changed Windows several times. In Windows 11 and 10, this is the problem. When I log in, the screen turns black and the icons do not appear....
  3. After login, the icon and page does not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After login, the icon and page does not appear: Hi After login, the icon and page does not appear This happened to me several times and I changed Windows several times. In Windows 11 and 10, this is the problem. When I log in, the screen turns black and the icons do not appear....
  4. After login, the icon and page does not appear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Login page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login page: How to eliminate login page in Windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-page/59779f6e-f002-4682-adce-017917d85436
  6. Login page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login page: How to eliminate login page in Windows 10 home edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-page/59779f6e-f002-4682-adce-017917d85436
  7. Login page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Skip desktop and login screen on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skip desktop and login screen on windows 10?: I'm planning an xbox stealth build, and I'm using the xbox console companion app as a cover for the interface But when I boot, it takes me through the sign in screen, and desktop while the xbox app boots up How can I skip both?(jump straight to windows, and give the xbox app...
  9. Cannot proceed past windows login screen.

Cannot proceed past windows login screen.: submitted by /u/boredboi92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7iff4/cannot_proceed_past_windows_login_screen/
  10. Blank pages in front of desktop icons bug

Blank pages in front of desktop icons bug: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iMaSaijayin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpo3nf/blank_pages_in_front_of_desktop_icons_bug/